Gaining and Losing Reputation and Standing with Nations (incl. Task System)

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Effective: 1.0.16.24 - May 10, 2023

1634389885097.png

Each character holds standing with the various nations. Standing can impact your ability to interact with NPCs such as guards and vendors in towns. Guards may respond differently to you (such as attacking immediately), brokers may end up charging you different tax rates etc.

Your standing can be seen on your character screen on the Statistics tab. You can mouse over each nation to see your reputation.

Gaining Standing

Tasks
A Task Vendor has been added to all Cities and some Camps. This vendor provides quest-like tasks to complete in order to gain rewards.

Parcel Delivery
Initially the tasks on offer are parcel delivery tasks to nearby Cities. For example: Bakti to Moh Ki or Vadda. Moh Ki to Bakti or Morin Khur. You accept the task and you will receive an item in your inventory. Whilst branded as a Parcel to xxx, the item is actually a deed (piece of paper) and it has zero weight.

Once you have arrived in the destination City, report to the Task Vendor where you can place the deed. You can choose from the available rewards, examples include 10 clade or 2 standing.

Select standing and then Deliver Item. The deed will go from your inventory, you'll receive message saying You gained standing with Nation X and you can check the Statistics page to confirm how much it increased.

Event / Special Tasks
In the 13 January 2022 HotPatch a new type of Task was added. This is a rescue mission you accept from the Tindrem task vendor upon which you find the lost TIndremic Officer and hand over the rescue deed. You can gain standing or clade points from this task. In this example you can gain up to 5 standing with Tindremic Provinces compared the the maximum potential 2 standing with a parcel delivery.

This addition is indicative of future plans about adding variety to the task system, more than just parcel delivery. It is expected these types of tasks may vary over time and may even be event based.

Notes:
  • You can accept multiple tasks deeds at the same time.
  • If you /droploot, the task deed does not drop and stays in your inventory.
  • If you die, the tasks deeds do not drop and disappear. It is as if they reset and you need to accept them again from the departure city Task Vendor.
  • The reputation you gain is based on the Destination where you finish the task.
  • The full value of the standing reward is now guaranteed. What is shown in the selection window is what you will receive.
Other Key Notes
  • The Task reward, be it standing, clade or gold, is currently a fixed value on the whole map. It does not adjust for the complexity of the travel route or the distance. So a 20 min transport task gives the same reward as a 50 minute transport task.
    • Tindremic Alliance - shortest distance is between Fabernum and Tindrem
    • Khurite Allied Tribes - shortest distance is from Toxai to Morin Khur, or Moh Ki to/from Bakti.
    • Republic of Nordveld - shortest distance is Fabernum to Hyllspeia
    • Bet Huergar - shortest distance is Hyllspeia to Cave Camp
    • Anam Sith - shortest distance is from Morin Khur to Toxai
Bounty System
You can gain standing by completing and claiming a bounty. You can receive 3 standing for each bounty claimed. When returning to the Coraxi Facilitator (Bounty NPC) you will see under the name of the NPC the Nation you will gain standing with.

Impact of Race on gaining standing
The race you choose for your may have an impact on your ability to gain standing with a specific nation. Presently on Myrland the Thursar race has a very low rate of gain with the Tindremic and Khurite nations. The 13 January 2022 HotPatch tweaked the Thursar reputation gain however it is not yet clear if this means it is the same as other races, or just not as bad as it was before.

In is unconfirmed if other races will face similar standing gain limits once the expanded continents are added and the other nations are populated.

1635846903281.png

Losing Standing
Criminal activity
criminal activity includes attacking a blue player or pet, or stealing an item from a loot bag. When you perform a criminal activity you will go grey and an icon will appear with a countdown timer.

If you are in a guarded town or approach a guarded town, the guards will attack you when you are flagged as a criminal. When guards start attacking you, you lose standing with the nation the guards are associated with (ie: the Nation of that City).

It is the action of performing the criminal act which triggers the loss of standing, not the outcome of the act. You do not need to kill a player in or near a city to lose standing, and the guards do not need to have killed you for you to lose standing.

If you perform a criminal act it triggers a 5 minute timer. If you perform another criminal act within that 5 minutes, you will not lose any more reputation during this countdown.

If you die however, the 5 minute timer immediately resets. Performing a further criminal act will result in you losing standing again.

When you lose standing due to criminal activity, you lose 1 standing point. This means a new character can only afford to perform 6 criminal acts near a guarded to before they are prevented from entering towns from that nation.

Murder Count
If you kill another player, they can give you a Murder Count.

If the victim gives you a Murder Count, the standing loss occurs in the nation where the victim resurrects. So if the murder occurs in Vadda and the victim home priests to Fabernum. They will resurrect at a Tindremic Priest and thus the murderer will lose Tindremic Provinces standing.

Star Vault has indicated a plan to shift away from Murder Count impacting standing. A revised Bounty system will instead be linked to murder counts. This would mean the murder count may only impact negatively on standing if it occurs close to cities/camps.

Double Standing Loss
If you murder a player in close proximity to a town/city, you are performing BOTH a criminal activity AND may get a murder count from the victim.

In these cases you will lose 2 standing points. The first is due to the criminal activity and will be based on the nation of the guards. The second is due to the murder count and will be based on the nation of the priest where the victim resurrects.

War Declarations
A War Declaration is a feature of the game where one guild can declare war against another. If accepted, members of these guilds are able to attack each other anywhere in the world including in guarded towns. An attack against a war enemy is not considered a criminal action. The guards will not respond and you do not losing standing in a nation.

MAJOR WARNING
If you have a negative standing value with a Nation, the guards will attack you if you enter a guarded town in that Nation. This means you are unable to enter a town to start/complete a task to gain standing.

This greatly reduces the number of tasks you can undertake in order to recover your standing. You will only be able to complete the tasks between the unguarded towns of Kranesh, Cave Camp, Jungle Camp and Gual Kor.

It has been reported there will be additional means of gaining standing added into the game however they do not yet exist in game.

Task System - Parcel Delivery Options

Parcel Tasks FromDelivered ToEarns Rep ForParcel Tasks available from this town to
Jungle Camp
Moh Ki
Vadda
BaktiKhurite Allied TribesJungle Camp
Moh Ki
Vadda
Hyllspeia
Jungle Camp
Kranesh
Cave CampTindremic Provinces
or
Republic of Nordveld
Gaul Kor
Hyllspeia
Jungle Camp
Kranesh
HyllspeiaFabernumTindremic ProvincesHyllspeia
Tindrem
Cave Camp
Kranesh
Gaul KorTindremic ProvincesCave Camp
Kranesh
Toxai
Fabernum
Cave Camp
HyllspeiaRepublic of NordveldFabernum
Kranesh
Cave Camp
Bakti
Toxai
Jungle CampKhurite Allied Tribes *Bakti
Cave Camp
Toxai
Gaul Kor
Hyllspeia
Cave Camp
KraneshKhurite Allied TribesCave Camp
Gaul Kor
Hyllspeia
Tindrem
Vadda
MeduliTindremic ProvincesTindrem
Vadda
Moh KiMorin KhurKhurite Allied TribesMoh Ki
Toxai
Bakti
Morin Khur
Moh KiKhurite Allied TribesBakti
Morin Khur
Fabernum
Meduli
TindremTindremic ProvincesFabernum
Meduli
Jungle Camp
Morin Khur
ToxaiKhurite Allied TribesGaul Kor
Jungle Camp
Morin Khur
Bakti
Meduli
Moh Ki
VaddaKhurite Allied TribesBakti
Meduli
Moh Ki

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why what was the point of doing this. Game already missing enough PvP.

Reactions: Bicorps

Sinister Shadowfox

Oct 2, 2021
Why what was the point of doing this. Game already missing enough PvP.
I guess this is their solution to people griefing in town. This way no one can just stay in town all day killing horses or blowing up people with earthquake because at some point they have go build their rep back up.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Just disable pvp in towns. Its obviously what they are going for. No reason to call the game full open pvp when you have 1 shotting guards and rep loss from breathing too hard. I get that griefing is bad but it just kills even more hope for conflict. So much conflict happens because 1 person pisses someone else off, and then they try to get them back. A lot of this happens at towns, between people who live there. All these changes do is reduce that.

Reactions: Bicorps and Tzone

Piet

May 28, 2020
Just disable pvp in towns. Its obviously what they are going for. No reason to call the game full open pvp when you have 1 shotting guards and rep loss from breathing too hard. I get that griefing is bad but it just kills even more hope for conflict. So much conflict happens because 1 person pisses someone else off, and then they try to get them back. A lot of this happens at towns, between people who live there. All these changes do is reduce that.
guards don't 1 shot, rep loss isn't a big deal, conflict will be abundant on release just the pop is low atm. Although they could just make towns non pvp areas to make it appeal to the masses more but it's still very very possible to nuke people in town and steal their stuff.

Reactions: MomoWang

Tzone

May 16, 2021
guards don't 1 shot, rep loss isn't a big deal, conflict will be abundant on release just the pop is low atm. Although they could just make towns non pvp areas to make it appeal to the masses more but it's still very very possible to nuke people in town and steal their stuff.
Lictors oneshot and they teleport to allmost all of guardzone where guards would be. Even if you survive the first unparriable instant damage that happens as soon as they go into attack most they are unparriable.

Lictors are extremely annoying and didnt fix anything about the game.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Lictors oneshot and they teleport to allmost all of guardzone where guards would be. Even if you survive the first unparriable instant damage that happens as soon as they go into attack most they are unparriable.

Although I agree Lictors are too strong they don't one shot I have survived it multiple times before but you're right Lictors are too strong although it's much better than just terrible guards that get stuck behind counters making blue cities basically red cities.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I've been shot from Elite guards for like 216. Not a guaranteed 1 shot but close enough. Its just funny how late MO1 they made guards LOS because they were so anti fun and people always camp gz and stuff. And now we have teleporting lictors that are stronger, and Elite guards shoot for over 200 naked. Which is still a ton of damage in armor.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
The guards are weird lately, at times they just group around a criminal and hold and change their block and watch as the person kills someone in town (including a lictor.) I think if the guy would have kept swinging as he ran out of town he would have gotten away with it.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Lictors fixed people griefing on top of Houses by shooting people and horses in the bank. It was a much needed change. Normal Guards never actually reacted to those things or anything. Players were exploiting bad guard Ai by sniping players from spots in towns where the normal guards don't move. It was driving down the player base too. There were Peak numbers during each stress test and people were killing all the fresh players with these tricks.

Reactions: Dasius01 and Xunila

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
The original post has been updated to reflect changes in the Patch today. Specifically, the ability to gain reputation by completing quest-like tasks from the new Task Vendor

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The idea of being a murderer to Khurites and loved by Tindremenes is pretty interesting thooo. Aw he's a mass murderer, but he's always delivering my crates <3
I view it like like soldiers IRL. They can go kill a ton of people but it was people of the enemy nation so they are a hero. And in a dark world like nave, everyone of an enemy faction would be a target, not just soldiers. So the system actually makes decent sense.

Reactions: Amadman

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Is it clade gift points or xp? Points 10 would be really good. A massive 10 experience, thats a little different lmao.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
10 cladegift exp xDDD

In another thread Herius posted that the current rewards are just place holders.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
The original post has been updated to reflect the changes implemented in the patch on 4 December, including the "major update" or impact this change has had.
I am still looking for feedback or confirmation if it is possible to do tasks between Kranesh, Cave Vamp and Gaul Kor and if they offer reputation (and if so for which Nation).

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
This original has again been updated.
It now include a detailed table showing the various Parcel Delivery tasks you can do, to/from where and what reputation you earn.
If anyone who can confirm the reputation you gain in Jungle Camp, Kranesh or Gaul Kor, it would be greatly appreciated.

Shout out to Slyy who is going to consider adding the information from this table into the Mortal Online 2 Map website.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
I didn't have the opportunity to watch/listen to the whole Twitch Stream from Henrik this week on 10 December. From the parts I did listen to, please see the following answers:

Question: I think that getting zero for completing a task is an accident

Answer: Yes. There shouldn't be a roll dice involved in task rewards. That will change. You can rely on the exact numbers you get presented as for rewards, and there will be multiple and different ones that we are going to add in upcoming patches.

Question: Do you get rep from bandits etc

Answer: You will get rep for different tasks. There could be nations that want to push our threats from Risars and Bandits. If you show them proof of that like bring them their heads you will get standings as a reward.

Question: Did you remove the ability to farm Risars for negative rep

Answer: Because it was never our intention. We added that temporarily for us to test standings for nation gains but we never intended to go out into the wild, kill something that no one knows about and you magically get a standing reputation gain based on that. It doesn't make sense. You have to work for the nation, show proof or evidence to gain standards. There will be different types of tasks also in unlawful cities like Kranesh, Gaul Kor and maybe Jungle Camp and maybe some other hidden areas where you can do different jobs for different nations. So you can still kill a Risar and bring his head and do the proper trades and get that standing, that is the correct way.

nazgo

May 29, 2020
so, first I need to go through the abyssmal experience of leveling up a mage
then I need to go through the abyssmal experience of farming with a mage
then, I need to run for hours to actually find human beings
and god forbid, I have fun pvp for 5mins,
and then I need to deal with a reputation system like this?

Yea no regrets I bought the beta access, have had moneys worth fun. But every time I come back here to read the update notes, I feel less and less excited about the release. Sure, I will play the game for the first 2-3 months as population is booming, but then? I rather quit than deal with all these new unfun systems.

Reactions: Bicorps