FoV up to 110?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So the highest FoV we can get with out wide screen is 103. 103 is lower then what is the normal standard for gamers.
Most games I play I set the FoV to 110 and that is what looks natural to me.

I usually play with the screen close to my face, also with a curved monitor so 103 looks even more not normal to me. Even so with a non curved monitor and looking from farther away I see no fish eyeness or weirdness at 110 fov. 103 just looks weird for me. As a FPS player I really like having a 1 to 1 ration of mouse settings and video settings to prevent me from hampering my personal performance. Having a non 1 to 1 comparison breaks me out of fully enjoying the game.

Ive heard that the fov used to beable to go to 110 in the past but was limited to 103 due to "screenshots" being fish eye looking. I rather have a better experience for the player then to limit the fov to make some screen shots perceived fish eye go away.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I disliked the fish-eye effect, but I really hated not being able to look right & left without re-orienting my entire avatar-- and I blamed the last for the first.

I'm trying to think of screenshots from any other game that have looked as fish-eyed funny as some I've seen from Mortal games. I can't.

Looking right & left back over a shoulder doesn't seem to be impossible when mounted, so I don't know why it's not always possible.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I disliked the fish-eye effect, but I really hated not being able to look right & left without re-orienting my entire avatar-- and I blamed the last for the first.

I'm trying to think of screenshots from any other game that have looked as fish-eyed funny as some I've seen from Mortal games. I can't.

Looking right & left back over a shoulder doesn't seem to be impossible when mounted, so I don't know why it's not always possible.
The talked about that on the stream before last. Free look is something they want but its not high enough priority yet for them. We might not see free look for a year if they add it.

Random Person

Sep 2, 2021
Higher FOV is not planned according to farmerjoe.
You have to convince Henrik in stream or discord.

Clearly, anybody with common sense would want a game in which you can fight melee to have higher FOV then what we currently have.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
To bad I cant ask in streams since its during my work. Maybe I would just have to catch him on discord.
He does read these despite how people say the fourms are not read.

If Henrik reads this. please if the reason is because of fisheyeness in screenshots that is silly reason. It hinders people enjoyment and experince in the game.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Balance and aesthetics. Balance. And. Aesthetics.

I'd rather have freelook.
I really want free look too. Nothing really to do with FoV since they can literally quickly change it to allow normal 110 FoVs.
Free looks would take some time to get into the build. But freelook would be so nice for QoL.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I really want free look too. Nothing really to do with FoV since they can literally quickly change it to allow normal 110 FoVs.
Free looks would take some time to get into the build. But freelook would be so nice for QoL.
Uh, making the entire game and first person stuff look good and without clipping in 110 might require a massive overhaul of assets.

Meanwhile a free look limited to what looks ok with what they have now is much less work, heck there is functionality built in for that in UE3,4 and 5 from the start. Just have to make sure first iteration of it doesn't look completely whack and doesn't show things in 1st person that the current animation set isnt built for. Like looking down and seeing the inside of your neck, etc.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Uh, making the entire game and first person stuff look good and without clipping in 110 might require a massive overhaul of assets.

Meanwhile a free look limited to what looks ok with what they have now is much less work, heck there is functionality built in for that in UE3,4 and 5 from the start. Just have to make sure first iteration of it doesn't look completely whack and doesn't show things in 1st person that the current animation set isnt built for. Like looking down and seeing the inside of your neck, etc.
The part about 110 fov doesnt make sence. They even had 110 enabled at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.