Food system needs an overhaul...

Valoran

May 28, 2020
There could be some quality of life additions such as a health reserve lock to prevent weight gain, as the logical concession has already been made with the skill and attribute locks.

On the one hand I enjoy having to actually watch what I eat to manage my weight, with careless over eating resulting in weight gain, but on the other hand it's already nonsensical that getting hit in the head really hard is what dictates how much meat I need to eat.

Perhaps if we lost reserves as our hunger increases as well as when taking damage and exercising, we would be able to eat more food without gaining weight. But that sounds annoying just typing about it.

I'm sure there are some great solutions out there, but a health reserve limiter would go a long way to removing the tedium.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i would like to see that you actually have to eat fat and calorie rich food, or you go lean in a second.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
i think the idea of the current system is that you need to "exercise" and eat the right meal to get stamina but no weight. i never liked it this way because its unrealstic when you can die/rest to lose weight. if you lose your weight very fast, you can play with more food combinations and not only the "best" stam food which is not special to obtain. your hunger limit will be more important and you actually need to make the right choices for your meal like IRL.

Piet

May 28, 2020
Cooking itself is also kinda borked compared to MO1 it's much simpler and things that used to be amazing are terrible like oils and such. Seems like they busted the system.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
i think the idea of the current system is that you need to "exercise" and eat the right meal to get stamina but no weight. i never liked it this way because its unrealstic when you can die/rest to lose weight. if you lose your weight very fast, you can play with more food combinations and not only the "best" stam food which is not special to obtain. your hunger limit will be more important and you actually need to make the right choices for your meal like IRL.

Agreed, especially that dying is the most effective way to lose weight which is stupid. Here's what I would like to see:
  • You can eat food whenever you want, targetting the ability for food to allow you to quickly restore reserves
  • Hunger is a sliding scale from 0-1800 as it is now
    • You start losing weight while at 1800 for X amount of time in game
    • You start gaining weight by eating additional food units while at 0 hunger
  • Staying between 0-1800 enables you to maintain your current weight as desired for stat purposes
  • Death no longer makes you lose weight
  • Losing weight is no longer tied to exercising
    • Rate of hunger gain is increased by exercising or (by however high or low your stamina reserves are)
  • Represent the hunger number as a graphical bar sliding from left to right*

Last edited: