Fix Thursars

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Thursars are in an equally bad place as humans when compared to Oghmir and Alvarin. They are slower than Alvarins, not as strong as Oghmirs.

Thursars have some ok clades but lack any real strength. Perhaps they should gain a toggle for their styganthrope clade?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
honestly should experiment with removing their negative parts of their clades (the reduced healing) and see if it helps them, that feels like the biggest problem with them at the moment. thur kall bows aint bad but their gifts just dont compare to how hilariously stupid oghmir gifts are right now.

not sure but when my beta human and a thur player with the same dmg bonus were hitting each other, i was hitting for roughly 15 less to his naked body than mine, using the same weapon and both chars had full aggressive/defensive stance.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I don’t know. In MO1 Thursar was the meta. I am kinda glad that’s not the case now and people are enjoying more of the other races. The only real downside in this version is the Thurars’ lack of skill points compared to humans. They are strictly for FF melee PvP no mounted and no magic.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I don’t know. In MO1 Thursar was the meta. I am kinda glad that’s not the case now and people are enjoying more of the other races. The only real downside in this version is the Thurars’ lack of skill points compared to humans. They are strictly for FF melee PvP no mounted and no magic.

Thursars lack any role currently. If you want a tank you use an oghmir, if you want a massive DPS, use an Oghmir.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
honestly should experiment with removing their negative parts of their clades (the reduced healing) and see if it helps them, that feels like the biggest problem with them at the moment.
This. The passive healing clade giving reduced healing is a complete joke. If anything being good at healing passively should maek other healing even mroe effective. Its like if ogh damage reduction clade made them also do less damage. Clades are supposed to make you better, it shouldn't have a shitty downside that does more than their up side.

Same with the stupid clade that makes you take less melee but more magic damage. Should just be less damage vs 1 with no con. They can make the effect weaker if they want, but it wouldnt be op seeing that Alv and Ogh are still in the game.

Otherwise a lot of Thursar gifts are decent. The damage and lifesteal steroids' are pretty good for just blasting someone, killing an op pet, etc. The issue is just that Ogh and Alv are stupid good which makes thur look bad.

Reactions: Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This. The passive healing clade giving reduced healing is a complete joke. If anything being good at healing passively should maek other healing even mroe effective. Its like if ogh damage reduction clade made them also do less damage. Clades are supposed to make you better, it shouldn't have a shitty downside that does more than their up side.

Same with the stupid clade that makes you take less melee but more magic damage. Should just be less damage vs 1 with no con. They can make the effect weaker if they want, but it wouldnt be op seeing that Alv and Ogh are still in the game.

Otherwise a lot of Thursar gifts are decent. The damage and lifesteal steroids' are pretty good for just blasting someone, killing an op pet, etc. The issue is just that Ogh and Alv are stupid good which makes thur look bad.

Ogh and Alv are so over tuned that Humans and Thursars are just meh compared to them. Hell even Alvarins have more attribute point than a Thursar and better clades and more skill points from clades.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
That would be OP af

How so? If the positives was reduced how would it be over powered?

Currently let us look at Alvarin clades with negatives.... there are none. They have increased base movement speed by a flat percentage. They have increased stamina regen by a flat percentage. They have flat increased strength when using any bow of +10 per up to +20. And they have an age reduction clade which gives them the best of two worlds.

Oghmir are the same. They get stone skin which flat reduces all slashing and piercing damage by 3 before armor. Then the armor clade which lets them wear 6kg of armor for free. And I wont even mention the oghmir ichor pipe....

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Because thursars are extremely strong when magic isn't involved. I dunno what else to say.

So are Oghmir. Hell Oghs are not only extremely strong they are stronger than the Thursar and tougher.

114 str on an Oghmir
112 str on a Thursar-Kallard.

132 con on an oghmir
118 con on a Thursar-Kallard.

So.... there goes that argument.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
So are Oghmir. Hell Oghs are not only extremely strong they are stronger than the Thursar and tougher.

114 str on an Oghmir
112 str on a Thursar-Kallard.

132 con on an oghmir
118 con on a Thursar-Kallard.

So.... there goes that argument.
You can get 34% damage bonus on thurkall. Plus passive regen plus leech plus less tamina drain on swings plus adamant plus either +20 str or +10% melee damage. If all that doesn't sound OP as fuck i don't know what does. And you're faster than oghmir. There should be drawbacks. You can two shot a mage in plate scales ranger set with a sword.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The Oghmir get 21% damage bonus which is not that big of a difference when you're talking about weapons hitting for 50. Its not even a half a point.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ogh and Alv are so over tuned that Humans and Thursars are just meh compared to them. Hell even Alvarins have more attribute point than a Thursar and better clades and more skill points from clades.
Thursars lack of skill points really bugs me. They need to completely rework the bad 'int gives skilling points' system. Punishes everyone whos not playing a made, because int is otherwise a useless stat and is worse psy. I get that thursars arent known for being skillers and don't have a ton of clades for crafting. But they still should, because not having any is just bad balance. When every other race has some. Theres no reason thursars couldnt have +weapon crafting or something.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
On ogh vs thursar, I feel like the ogh damage reduction would win in a fight vs thursar damage bonus. Its flat damage I think, so in good armor if you are getting hit for small numbers, make a huge difference. Also works v bows, and thurs damage bonus only works in melee. So i na bow fight ogh wins by a mile, race wise. Also the cracked pipe is busted in 1v1 for healing.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
i would say thursars are in a better spot than humans in general right now, but they do need some changes to make them more desirable for situations than oghmir. alvarin and oghmir are just so strong over the other 2 clades that theres not much reason to take either one.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Thursars lack of skill points really bugs me. They need to completely rework the bad 'int gives skilling points' system. Punishes everyone whos not playing a made, because int is otherwise a useless stat and is worse psy. I get that thursars arent known for being skillers and don't have a ton of clades for crafting. But they still should, because not having any is just bad balance. When every other race has some. Theres no reason thursars couldnt have +weapon crafting or something.

Pretty much. Its like ok great Thursars are supposed to be fighters.... but they arent even great at that compared to Oghmir or Alvarins. Which is just sad.