Felucca/Trammel PVP/PVE - Would that be an Option?

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Hello,

for me personally, I like the high risk/high reward factor of the game. And I do like the PVP of it as well but i know a lot of people would consider playing this game if they can dive into it without that risk factor and just do PvE or enjoy the game with some friends.

There are actually two ideas that came to my mind. First one is the way how Ultima Online did it by introducing trammel and a pure pve mirror of the map. What can be done is that the highest tier materials or different drops are only accessible in the pvp universe but the whole pve mirror would bring a lot more people into the game. They could enjoy the game and all its content (not just Haven) with some friends and practise in duels to eventually switch over to pvp.

Here are the explanations of both "shards"

Trammel: Trammel - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Felucca: Felucca - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

The next system I could think of is a little bit New World. Within a city you can switch PVP on and off. When you leave the city it takes effect. You can not interact, damage or heal other players when pve is enabled but you will also face some restrictions. And you can only turn pvp on or off in the main citys. You can not switch it in the wild or mid fight. I could think off:

- No clade exp gain or just reduced by a lot.
- Mount carrying capacity is limited to 1 stack or 100kg.
- you are not allowed to trade stuff in the open (you need to visit a city or a house)
- Not able to mine tephra use the blast furnace and so on. None of the high tier/value materials/items can get acquired.
- Max Trinkets you can get are silver / amethyst

And many more. All of this above is discussable. The reason to bring up such a discussion is to get more players to play the game. The PVP I play and enjoy the most is having real fights with other pvp oriented players and not slaughtering noobs to loot their stuff. It would be great to have such a system in place and get more people into the game and in the end a more populated world and more players who will switch in the future and join the pvp side. It could be a real win win for all of us. More people means more awareness on social media and twitch and would bring more attention.

Last edited:

Rynnik

Feb 11, 2022
Hello,

for me personally, I like the high risk/high reward factor of the game. And I do like the PVP of it as well but i know a lot of people would consider playing this game if they can dive into it without that risk factor and just do PvE or enjoy the game with some friends.

There are actually two ideas that came to my mind. First one is the way how Ultima Online did it by introducing trammel and a pure pve mirror of the map. What can be done is that the highest tier materials or different drops are only accessible in the pvp universe but the whole pve mirror would bring a lot more people into the game. They could enjoy the game and all its content (not just Haven) with some friends and practise in duels to eventually switch over to pvp.

The next system I could think of is a little bit New World. Within a city you can switch PVP on and off. When you leave the city it takes effect. You can not interact, damage or heal other players when pve is enabled but you will also face some restrictions. And you can only turn pvp on or off in the main citys. You can not switch it in the wild or mid fight. I could think off:

- you are not allowed to trade stuff in the open (you need to visit a city or a house)
- Not able to mine tephra use the blast furnace and so on. None of the high tier/value materials/items can get acquired.

And many more. All of this above is discussable. The reason to bring up such a discussion is to get more players to play the game. The PVP I play and enjoy the most is having real fights with other pvp oriented players and not slaughtering noobs to loot their stuff. It would be great to have such a system in place and get more people into the game and in the end a more populated world and more players who will switch in the future and join the pvp side. It could be a real win win for all of us. More people means more awareness on social media and twitch and would bring more attention.
No

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Hello,

Albion Online and Eve Online have pve servers - are called test server you have max skill and you can pve all you want and its EMPTY noone play there:eek: