Feedback on AI

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Positve:
+ directional attacks

Negative:
- Pathing
(being listed as known issues: Ai has some pathing issues being worked on. (Not always taking the shortest straight path) )
- Pathing²: AI does not only never take the shortest straight path, sometimes they walk circles around trees, or stop moving at all. And they are unable to attack you while standing on a rock.
- AI always lands perfect hits (no handle hits)
- AI igonres shields (no equipment hits).
- AI hits through other AI (so they do not hit themselfes but always the player).
- AI hits through objects (e.g. through trees).

Also made a small compilation of the biggest fails. Video currently rendering...

TLDR: I'm dissapointed by the current state. Especially about the part that the AI magically always hits and ignores the environment. :(

Edit: Video from latest patch. Pathing is waybetter.
One point that could be approved is to enable AI to jump off small rocks.

Last edited:

Darran

May 28, 2020
From testing fighting a single AI is relatively good, pathing is ofc not that good and they do a weird twitching, running back and forth and getting stuck on places.

Fighting multiple AI? Quite horrible. They all try to take the exact same path and you can see them colliding with each other causing veeery bad movement and pathing

For the first iteration of humanoids, it's not bad but it certainly needs a ton of work.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I'm not worried (yet). Henrik yesterday was logged in MK and said more than once that they're working on AI "daily", so it's definitely on their radar, and spending time on it. I think a wait-n-see approach, for at least a patch or two, would be prudent.

Reactions: Svaar and Valoran

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Also , If you attack a guard with a bow from distance he will respond correctly with a bow but If you approach him close and attack with a sword he doesn't change weapon and remain with the bow. I try see this in Morin Khur.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Pathing is way better. But I still managed several times to get AI in a position where I could attack it, but it did nothing. And it also didn't flee.
And it would be also nice if AI could jump down small rocks. Since when I jump of it the AI does always walk a large circle around it.

Towards the end of the video the bigger issues are shown. I sorted it from good to bad.

May 28, 2020
Bandits are very easy to kite with a bow. You can kill Veteran Bandits without ever breaking a sweat by just walking backwards and shooting arrows. 😓 Maybe they should automatically go for a bow if their target is using a bow and there is no close by threat? Alternatively you have to improve the pathing&attack logic to perfection, because they are currently easily thrown off by just a little bit of kiting.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Bandits are very easy to kite with a bow. You can kill Veteran Bandits without ever breaking a sweat by just walking backwards and shooting arrows. 😓 Maybe they should automatically go for a bow if their target is using a bow and there is no close by threat? Alternatively you have to improve the pathing&attack logic to perfection, because they are currently easily thrown off by just a little bit of kiting.

As far as I know that AI does not sprint currently, but will in the future...

• Wow
Reactions: Kallardian Prince