Enthusiasts' PC cases.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
With MO2 coming i'm going to try and ask this here. Perhaps there's people upgrading their pcs around now in anticipation of new games/technologies.

But about cases.

I've been using the CoolerMaster HAF 922 for the last decade, at least. I LOVE this case, but i want to move on. Everything is such low-profile now and, with water cooling, the gpu will be the only thing obstructing airflow... I feel i can get something much smaller and maybe more "artistic"? or unique?

Yet every case seems like it wants to be a sharp-edged art-deco robot or intensely flashy center piece to a disco.

Any other enthusiasts out there building their pcs? Loving their cases? I'd love to see em in detail!!!

Right now i'm eyeballing the Fractal's Define cases or Lancool II's Meshes. I'd love the airflow of meshes or similar, but need something to just blend into the room.

Attachments

• 816RmStSYdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    816RmStSYdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 30184737620l.jpeg
    30184737620l.jpeg
    808.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I feel i can get something much smaller and maybe more "artistic"? or unique?

If anything I would get something bigger, for more airflow

I'm assuming you will get a 30x GPU. those ones are quite long, and end up filling almost all "regular" cases, even when watercooled

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
If anything I would get something bigger, for more airflow

I'm assuming you will get a 30x GPU. those ones are quite long, and end up filling almost all "regular" cases, even when watercooled
Yea, was still planning ATX, got my board picked out and all. And i am going 3080 most likely, depending on sales

As i build this machine tho, i'm seeing all this new tech (since i've last built). I mean, all my storage will be on 2 little things about the size of a ram stick. I don't need ANY drive bays anymore. The pcu is in a separate area in most cases. The only things really adding to the profile of my board is the gpu and a small pump on the cpu.

I've been with this monster HAF 922, hog of a case, for over a decade. I just can't imagine the need for so much space anymore. I figure there's got to be some smaller cases these days designed with all this new tech in mind.... but i'm failing to find exactly what i want.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
wife and I got new builds early this year ( 2020 ) hard to find something both different and useful but we got a black for me and white for her version of the Deepcool ATX MACUBE 550 cases

last case I had was a ship anchor, these are decent, also very good air flow and easy to open and clean.

1609133723032.png

1609133745732.png

and my black version ( sits above my monitor )

1609133802210.png

apologies for dodgy photos :)

• Love
Reactions: Jybwee