DI VULT - A Declaration of Crusade

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
This is a manuscript delivered to the leaders of every village, town and city leader in Myrland, and orated by paid announcers in all major cities.

People of Myrland, I speak to you all today, regardless of nation, regardless of ethnicity, regardless of race or power or wealth. This is a declaration for all people of our beloved lands, because as we all well know, we have all lost horribly to the Irruption. Every nation of Myrland has known loss and strife and pain unlike anything in history due to this create calamity, this apocalyptic cataclysm that threatened to erase us all. On the very brink of annihilation, we have crawled back to life and prosperity…but at what cost? Imagine the uncounted families lost. Imagine the countless great heroes unrealized, all because this insect infestation murdered so many.

An event like this demands answers. Where did they come from? Why? Most of all, where did they go, and will they be back again? It is the question of our time, and one which I have afforded much resources and time to uncover and discover. I have the answer my brothers and sisters, I know who has done this and why, and it fills my heart with utter rage. Frankly the answer is obvious, and I think we all are in denial that such a crime could occur, that such a people could lack all scruple to this extent.

As it is spoken in our history:

Whether by magical or physical defence, the Magi temple complex of Yesil acted as an impregnable bastion against the invading hordes. The secretive settlement managed to shelter a number of citizens from Beth Jeddah, and judging by the rumors the Yequedah may have been the only humanoid coalition seemingly prepared for the onslaught. Among the survivors from the capital was the Padishahbanu – the assumedly immortal Sarducaan Empress known as Labbah Madar – along with most of her court and personal bodyguard, and apparently the rebuilding of Beth Jeddah started rather swiftly once the Irruption had passed.

No one can claim to have been ‘prepared’ for such an onslaught. No one could have been so ready to rebuild and seize power after it. This is the proof of its source. The Yequedah used magical powers to inspire this insectoid invasion of the world, in order to weaken all enemy nations and more firmly establish their own power in Sarducca. Frankly it makes perfect sense, because as we all know and remember before the Tecton bridge fell, that Sarducca is uniquely the home of powerful insectoid creatures. These heinous warlocks, witches and sorcerers of the Yequedah used their unique knowledge and powers to unleash the ultimate crime of genocide against the entire world for power and greed. I for one know that they are capable of it, for I have spent much time in Sarducca and studied their ways. Believe me, they are capable of a crime of this magnitude.

THIS CANNOT STAND. THIS WILL BE AVENGED.

I, Lord Abbot Favonius Cornelius Pola, founder of the Cornelian Monastic Order, declare HOLY WAR against the Yequedah, a crusade of vengence. When a pathway to Sarducca is open, I will PAY HANSOMLY any mercenary guild, any Knightly Order, and yeoman guild, to march upon Sarducca to wage a holy war of redemption against the SARACEN Yequedah. We will vanquish this great evil of our time, and replace it with a Kingdom of the Gods, a Kingdom of Heavon.

The Yequedah, a race of Sarduccans, who have penetrated within the boundaries of Tindrem even to the Inner Sea to that point which they call the Arm of the Saint Cornelius, in occupying more and more of the lands of the Myrlanders, have overcome them, have overthrown temples, and have laid waste the Gods’ kingdom. If you permit this supinely for very long, the Gods faithful ones will be still further subjected….

I speak to those present, I send word to those not here; moreover, the Gods command it. Remission of sins will be granted for those going thither, if they end a shackled life either on land or in crossing the sea, or in struggling against the heathen. I, being vested with that gift from the Gods, grant to those who go.

O what a shame, if a people, so despised, degenerate, and enslaved by demons would thus overcome a people endowed with the trust of the almighty Gods, and shining in the name of the Gods! O how many evils will be imputed to you by the Lord Himself, if you do no help those who, like you, profess peity!

Let those who are accustomed to wage private wars wastefully even against Believers, go forth against the Infidels in a battle worthy to be undertaken now and to be finished in victory. Now, let those, who until recently existed as plunderers, be soldiers in the Gods; now, let those, who formerly contended against brothers and relations, rightly fight barbarians; now, let those, who recently were hired for a few pieces of silver, win their eternal reward.

DI VULT
crusade.jpg

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
This is a manuscript delivered to the leaders of every village, town and city leader in Myrland, and orated by paid announcers in all major cities.

People of Myrland, I speak to you all today, regardless of nation, regardless of ethnicity, regardless of race or power or wealth. This is a declaration for all people of our beloved lands, because as we all well know, we have all lost horribly to the Irruption. Every nation of Myrland has known loss and strife and pain unlike anything in history due to this create calamity, this apocalyptic cataclysm that threatened to erase us all. On the very brink of annihilation, we have crawled back to life and prosperity…but at what cost? Imagine the uncounted families lost. Imagine the countless great heroes unrealized, all because this insect infestation murdered so many.

An event like this demands answers. Where did they come from? Why? Most of all, where did they go, and will they be back again? It is the question of our time, and one which I have afforded much resources and time to uncover and discover. I have the answer my brothers and sisters, I know who has done this and why, and it fills my heart with utter rage. Frankly the answer is obvious, and I think we all are in denial that such a crime could occur, that such a people could lack all scruple to this extent.

As it is spoken in our history:

Whether by magical or physical defence, the Magi temple complex of Yesil acted as an impregnable bastion against the invading hordes. The secretive settlement managed to shelter a number of citizens from Beth Jeddah, and judging by the rumors the Yequedah may have been the only humanoid coalition seemingly prepared for the onslaught. Among the survivors from the capital was the Padishahbanu – the assumedly immortal Sarducaan Empress known as Labbah Madar – along with most of her court and personal bodyguard, and apparently the rebuilding of Beth Jeddah started rather swiftly once the Irruption had passed.

No one can claim to have been ‘prepared’ for such an onslaught. No one could have been so ready to rebuild and seize power after it. This is the proof of its source. The Yequedah used magical powers to inspire this insectoid invasion of the world, in order to weaken all enemy nations and more firmly establish their own power in Sarducca. Frankly it makes perfect sense, because as we all know and remember before the Tecton bridge fell, that Sarducca is uniquely the home of powerful insectoid creatures. These heinous warlocks, witches and sorcerers of the Yequedah used their unique knowledge and powers to unleash the ultimate crime of genocide against the entire world for power and greed. I for one know that they are capable of it, for I have spent much time in Sarducca and studied their ways. Believe me, they are capable of a crime of this magnitude.

THIS CANNOT STAND. THIS WILL BE AVENGED.

I, Lord Abbot Favonius Cornelius Pola, founder of the Cornelian Monastic Order, declare HOLY WAR against the Yequedah, a crusade of vengence. When a pathway to Sarducca is open, I will PAY HANSOMLY any mercenary guild, any Knightly Order, and yeoman guild, to march upon Sarducca to wage a holy war of redemption against the SARACEN Yequedah. We will vanquish this great evil of our time, and replace it with a Kingdom of the Gods, a Kingdom of Heavon.

The Yequedah, a race of Sarduccans, who have penetrated within the boundaries of Tindrem even to the Inner Sea to that point which they call the Arm of the Saint Cornelius, in occupying more and more of the lands of the Myrlanders, have overcome them, have overthrown temples, and have laid waste the Gods’ kingdom. If you permit this supinely for very long, the Gods faithful ones will be still further subjected….

I speak to those present, I send word to those not here; moreover, the Gods command it. Remission of sins will be granted for those going thither, if they end a shackled life either on land or in crossing the sea, or in struggling against the heathen. I, being vested with that gift from the Gods, grant to those who go.

O what a shame, if a people, so despised, degenerate, and enslaved by demons would thus overcome a people endowed with the trust of the almighty Gods, and shining in the name of the Gods! O how many evils will be imputed to you by the Lord Himself, if you do no help those who, like you, profess peity!

Let those who are accustomed to wage private wars wastefully even against Believers, go forth against the Infidels in a battle worthy to be undertaken now and to be finished in victory. Now, let those, who until recently existed as plunderers, be soldiers in the Gods; now, let those, who formerly contended against brothers and relations, rightly fight barbarians; now, let those, who recently were hired for a few pieces of silver, win their eternal reward.

DI VULT
View attachment 4752
While I cannot deny any of what you are speaking, neither can you prove it. You are trying to declare continental war based on an insecure assumption. Perhaps you cannot fathom that a grouping of people in another nation were competent enough to survive the Irruption in such a manner that we could not. What we do not understand, we tend to fear, and as is the way with insecure men of 'power', the 'solution' to that is to wipe it from existence.

Be better, or rot for the conflict you are preemptively brewing. Do not continue to repeat the mistakes of so many before you.

The balance is upset by such tidings of propaganda and violence.

Do not upset the balance.

Be better.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
While I cannot deny any of what you are speaking, neither can you prove it. You are trying to declare continental war based on an insecure assumption. Perhaps you cannot fathom that a grouping of people in another nation were competent enough to survive the Irruption in such a manner that we could not. What we do not understand, we tend to fear, and as is the way with insecure men of 'power', the 'solution' to that is to wipe it from existence.

Be better, or rot for the conflict you are preemptively brewing. Do not continue to repeat the mistakes of so many before you.

The balance is upset by such tidings of propaganda and violence.

Do not upset the balance.

Be better.

You sound like someone who has a steak in maintaining the status quo in Sarducca, someone who is afraid to see the Yequedah lose their power, and someone who would impede the greatness of the people of Myrland and the Tindremic Empire.

Your timidness does not impress me. Cower if you wish, but my advice to you is to be stronger.

Be stronger, this is the only viable philosophy in our world.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
You sound like someone who has a steak in maintaining the status quo in Sarducca, someone who is afraid to see the Yequedah lose their power, and someone who would impede the greatness of the people of Myrland and the Tindremic Empire.

Your timidness does not impress me. Cower if you wish, but my advice to you is to be stronger.

Be stronger, this is the only viable philosophy in our world.
I have travelled the sands but I have no claim nor care for them. I am not timid, nor do I cower. I simply see the primitive desire for warfare and conflict based on assumption, speculation. Push beyond the predatory phase of human development and try to understand that jumping to conclusions and conflict is detrimental to the evolution of all peoples, all intelligent species.

Learn, observe, conversate. Crush only which has presented itself as an explicit, imminent, threat.

Push for a path that prospers, not one that burns. Show others it can be done. This is the way of balance.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Ah yes the irruption that was so severe that everything everywhere looks like its flourishing

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
(Current time is decades after the Irruption. That's like saying WWII was no big deal because there are people alive today and cities up)
(How many decades? I had some vague notion that it was supposed to be 200 years ago, which would be 20 decades— more than a few. If so, it would be like the 1820s are to us.

Comanche wars ring a bell? How many Sarducaans are supposed to be immortal, now?)