Dex : The Underused Stat

Ravenclaw

Apr 1, 2021
As far as I can tell Dex is only used in movement speed...and then only marginally.
Why have a stat that is only used for such a minor calculation?
Why not have it do more in combat? It could be used both offensively and defensively.

Offensively it could be used in every weapon damage calculation. Obviously some more so than others (daggers, bows, thin blades).
It could also have an effect on the time it takes to fully charge a swing...or allow better dual wielding.

Defensively it could be used for a dodge mechanic. Could set up an option to change the block mechanic to dodge (use more stam to offset things).
In addition to that it could reduce the time it takes to change from a swing to a block or dodge.

Reactions: nazgo

qwerty2jam

Mar 28, 2021
While the system isn't in atm, or at least isn't working properly I believe Dex is used for a "Weakpoint" damage system on the right weapons like daggers, spears and bows. So while it's very much not useful right now, and Alvarin 100% need more speed from dex or something, dex certainly will have uses when the systems are in.

Reactions: belad

Ravenclaw

Apr 1, 2021
Yes, Dex is to be used for weakspot calculations (I dont agree that it should be, but thats another discussion).

What I am saying is that it should be used for alot more. Just like in the skill lists, Dex is splattered all over the active skill list...but thats just skills. Dex needs an ACTIVE role in combat...damage for daggers (maybe spears), how fast one can swing a weapon, etc...

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Weakspot is in. It's just bad. It's a low chance to entirely bypass enemy armor on a hit. It's current function needs to be entirely replaced. At minimum with just removing the RNG aspect and making it flat armor pen. Ideally with something even better as we already have blunt weapons for armor pen.

Gromko

Sep 12, 2020
Weakspot is in. It's just bad. It's a low chance to entirely bypass enemy armor on a hit. It's current function needs to be entirely replaced. At minimum with just removing the RNG aspect and making it flat armor pen. Ideally with something even better as we already have blunt weapons for armor pen.
It doesnt Help that weakspot daggers are no longer craftable due to changes regarding grip material.