Defending on Foot against Mounted ( 1 vs 1)

Rhias

May 28, 2020
IMHO single mounted combats with spears are pretty easy to parry, and in no way superior to foot. He was more dangerous on foot than on his mount. :D

Reactions: Najwalaylah

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Lol they really need to do something about the pony riders riding around at 0-5 km/h and dealing good damage by just holding their stick out. Meanwhile velocity based damage only works one way.

That entire fight made me want to cry, you did well. but that was just sad to watch.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Now, the point you seem to be missing here. Is he won't be missing more hp or stamina than you when he dismounts. That's the problem with any form of combat on mounts.

Reactions: Rhias

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Now, the point you seem to be missing here. Is he won't be missing more hp or stamina than you when he dismounts. That's the problem with any form of combat on mounts.
I agree, but at least he's lacking some foot fighter's skills (I guess Survival, Endurance, Defensive or Offensive stance). It's still skill based on foot and the better wins. :p

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I agree, but at least he's lacking some foot fighter's skills (I guess Survival, Endurance, Defensive or Offensive stance). It's still skill based on foot and the better wins. :p
Survival and Endurance are both luxury skills that dont have any combat effectiveness (unless you think the 20 stam counts). He probably had def and off stance...don't you think? I've never made a mounted build, so maybe I'm missing something? I'm pretty sure he can easily fit that though.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Survival and Endurance are both luxury skills that dont have any combat effectiveness (unless you think the 20 stam counts). He probably had def and off stance...don't you think? I've never made a mounted build, so maybe I'm missing something? I'm pretty sure he can easily fit that though.
passive regen is just like in MO1 a pretty strong skill though, because just like in Mo1 the skill technically gives you up to 10 damage reduced on the first damage taken if there has been enough time for it to tick while you were full health as the health will pop in once you are reduced from full health.

Probably a bug, but it has literally been a bug since the skill was added in mo1.

This plus the fact that it does make life a lot easier, regardless if you are in a fight or out of one.
But also agreed on the fact that it IS a luxury skill and is definitely something most people cut out of their build if they need points for something more vital. The stamina from endurance is a small but nice addition though.

Reactions: Rhias
D

Deleted member 44

Noob shows why mounted shouldn't be nerfed. Every following posts wants mounted nerfed. Delusional MO players as always.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Noob shows why mounted shouldn't be nerfed. Every following posts wants mounted nerfed. Delusional MO players as always.
First of all, read the video description. Mounted Combats are strong if there are several of them. But in a 1vs1 they are not especially strong. But in group fights they are.
If you think differently about it, then probably you're the noob.
Feel free to share a video showing how strong they are in a 1vs1.

Random Person

Sep 2, 2021
Relative velocity should affect both ends of the engagement, as has been pointed out at several other instances (discord, podcasts)

Let's see what devs will do with the feedback.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
All this does is show how not fun it is to fight a mounted. Now add in that they can zerg better because you have 0 ability to run away and he could have just ran if he wanted and you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
All this does is show how not fun it is to fight a mounted. Now add in that they can zerg better because you have 0 ability to run away and he could have just ran if he wanted and you wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.
That's true. Actually this video was uploaded in response to another thread where people claimed that a single mounted can kill you within seconds, and there is nothing you can do about it.
But yeah, fighting mounteds is not fun, and especially when watching those videos of Putzin where in groupfights he slaughter through the enemy group it seems pretty OP. Much more than in MO1. But probably that's also due to not all feature being implemented, such as the dismount of Earthquakes.

Reactions: Jatix