Death and Darkness

Nexus

Jun 21, 2020
Death is a most alluring comfort to those who seek to truly understand the world we live. Smoke and dust fill the air inside the stone corridors while shadows dance on the walls in the candle light.

A hooded figure walks down a dark hall appearing just inside the dim light as he turns to shut a great stone door lined with iron behind him. The figure turns to sit on a fragile stool in front of a table with a clear glass sphere in the middle. His sharp eyes glow teal and white as he whispers a short greeting to the abyss. His hands wave around the sphere as the smoke floating in the room starts to rotate inward around him. His hands begin to quicken while the haze does the same and starts to center on the sphere itself. A small window to a new world begins to form in the middle and a faint glow illuminates the figures inside. Mystics, thieves, warriors, and kings alike.. a vision of prosperity bursts to life.

The sphere begins to glow brightly and the remaining smoke in the air is swallowed as the vision shows everything flying by at an alarming pace. The candles are blown out and darkness invades the room like a plague. The man's head raises to the ceiling as the glowing intensifies and a high pitched ringing can be heard all around. A bright crack appears in the center of the sphere as the hooded man's hands come to a halt above it. He smiles and places his hands on the table while the sphere shakes in place... The figures inside fade away and break apart as the smoke engulfs them.

All at once the glowing stops and the sphere turns black just as the man's eyes close and he brings his head back down to face it. His eyes break open glowing brightly and a light teal haze floats away from them. His smile fades as he turns to listen at the door...

A female voice from the other side calls to him, "We must leave, NOW!"

The man then pulls the obsidian sphere from the table and into a leather bag that he pulls over his shoulder. He opens the door and flickering torch light floods the room revealing a heavy cloud of smoke. The door is slammed shut and footsteps are heard fleeing down the corridor... The future holds many changes.

Attachments

• acrystalball.png
    acrystalball.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
Tried to. Tell Star Vault to fix their crap website and I will. Can't hit tab or put spaces in manually. Margins don't apply. I'm a writer I didn't just forget.
I havent had that much issue formatting, but it does feel fairly obtuse.