Daily Reminder, Khurites Are Entirely Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
To quote my recent race guide:

"Khurites are the fastest race of humans while also having good strength and constitution. That being said, Kallards are better in every physical stat except speed. On top of this, they have an abysmally low attribute total. Given the only minor differences in speed currently present, it is my personal opinion Khurites are bad at literally everything, and should never be played for any purpose but flavor. Some will argue this point with me, but I feel those people have an antiquated view of how good movement speed is, that doesn’t hold up to the realities of Mortal Online 2 where it was nerfed compared to the previous title."

To back this up I'm issuing a challenge. Submit Khurite builds here. Could be full Khurite, could be 1/4 Khurite. Any level of Khurite in your build is bad. I will make a build that does the same general thing but better, by removing Khurite. Because ANYTHING a Khurite is good at, another race can do, but in an objectively better fashion if you aren't WAY overvaluing a tiny bit of extra movement speed.

I intend to keep this topic running until everyone realizes how objectively trash this race is, and SV gives them the buff they deserve.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
The problem with your argument is that you're doing it from a very hyperbolic perspective. You're right that they've now fallen behind where they were because of other bloodline buffs, and also the changes they've made to the speed curve over the years which bunches all the humans in he middle and lessened the Alvarin's advantage there as well. They can't be fixed by adjusting their atrribute total tho, because being a better "hybrid" doesn't help them, because again, the other bloodlines do that better.

The khurite's have the smaller size which Henrik has already mentioned specifically I believe in Discord will allow them certain advantages with mounts, which I think is where they needed to go with them because of how that is so fitting to their lore and also because as mentioned more attribute pts isn't the answer, and adjusting their caps doesn't make sense to me because they are already high in str,dex, and con....however, whatever advantage they give them because of smaller size and weight will inherently be given to alvarin and huergar...so we'll see.

But I'll take some buffs to them as I like them, but they're already good, just not best, but not trash.

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
here is my build without revealing 2 much. but it has khurite in it.

200 hp
379 stamina
53 mana
427 movement speed
23% damage bonus

this also isnt max clade yet, so more room for improvement

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
They're trash in that they are not the best at literally any role. Like you mentioned smaller size making them better at mounted builds. Better than Ohgmir? Ohgmir are smaller/lighter and have the highest strength and int cap in the game making them better at mounted warrior, archer, and mage.

Like I said, show me any build with Khurite in it, and I'll make it better by making it something else.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
here is my build without revealing 2 much. but it has khurite in it.

200 hp
379 stamina
53 mana
427 movement speed
23% damage bonus

this also isnt max clade yet, so more room for improvement

Fighter I assume? Easy.

4c8a011f1d488aa39c0257ea7ecdc049.png

2bdcd92057485c5f344aa338664df5b3.png

211 (+11)
Stam 379 (+0)
Movespeed 420 (-7)
Damage Bonus 30% (+7%)

7/421= 0.017

You're trading 7% damage bonus and a roughly 5% health boost for 1.7% speed bonus? Garbage. Total garbage. Not even mentioning all the other bonuses strength gives. And that's a 16 clade build. Also, note it's an apples-to-apples comparison. I could get even more impressive numbers on a Thursar but I went full Kallard so that clade bonuses can't be considered as a factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
Fighter I assume? Easy.

4c8a011f1d488aa39c0257ea7ecdc049.png

2bdcd92057485c5f344aa338664df5b3.png

211 (+11)
Stam 379 (+0)
Movespeed 420 (-7)
Damage Bonus 30% (+7%)

7/421= 0.017

You're trading 7% damage bonus and a roughly 5% health boost for 1.7% speed bonus? Garbage. Total garbage. Not even mentioning all the other bonuses strength gives. And that's a 16 clade build. Also, note it's an apples-to-apples comparison. I could get even more impressive numbers on a Thursar but I went full Kallard so that clade bonuses can't be considered as a factor.
could i counter 1 point and say that size will affect things such as which mounts u can get on plus where u can go for town situations? some big characters cant kite due to size.

also, ur hitbox is bigger meaning you can be hit more easily by melee, archery, and magic.

speed does matter, but its the players who are playing that make the difference. if ur sprinting and have been sprinting for 5 seconds then someone slower then you starts to sprint after u, if u kite sprint correctly they will never catch you.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
That's a HP difference of less than 1 hit, which may save you once in a blue moon, so it's negligible...not trash
Equal stam and negligible speed.

I think you can get 24% dmg bonus full khurite, I know the emulator says different, but given a 6-7% dmg bonus difference if its calculated after Armor/Defensive Stance/Gifts etc doesn't actually end up being as much dmg as we probably think it is, Barcode could tell us how it's calculated, I don't know the math, but the point I am making is that you're right, they buffed kallard a fair amount and they got to double dip in the buffs because of speed changes over time in the game, but that didn't suddenly gimp khurite to where they're trash.

The fix we probably agree on tho is that each bloodline needs unique clade gifts so SV can actual balance them outside of stats.

agui

May 31, 2020
Your build is all kallard?

You looking the numbers and concluding this build is shit cause its trading some dmg bonus and health for speed.... but you dont see that the speed is the gold value in here ...

The human khurite has more speed then thursars and only lose to alvarins... while human khurite has more dmg bonus (24% is really good) much more str then alvarins... became a great solution for divers to get oposite mages and enemies divers ...

They not compete in str with thursars or in speed with alvarins but they seems to be a perfect mixture ... and do have good clades.

I think human khurite op in battles .. thats my opinion.

:p

Reactions: Suttner

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I countered it a point above. But let me counter it again. You're saying that's a mounted build? Ok. Let me eviscerate it even harder:

b10c47efc7e11d723ae20e199c69b63a.png

6379f0c02faa63966ea1a1c6dfada6ec.png

I guarantee you it has more bow damage because you can't get that high of strength on a human, 3% less melee damage but only because I minimized size. 7 more stam, 3 more Hp. Your foot movespeed is up to 2.4% faster but you said this a mounted build so.... 155 height. Yeah that dudes is tiny. I think my fit ohgmir build I was playing with was like 63kg. What's your guy weight? If the point of the build is mounted and weight has any meaning he's WAY faster for the intended movement style of the build.

If smaller size is a significant advantage for mounted builds, Khurites don't stand a chance. Ohgmir are are some of the best MA/MC/ and mounted mage builds BEFORE you figure in weight.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
A two percent speed difference doesn't have any advantage UNLESS you get a 5 second head start. You can't pull out of a stickyback with only a 2% lead. Mind you both builds I linked hit like a truck with bows as well so if you try to kite them they can go ranged and dish out some serious damage.

Sneeze

Mar 24, 2021
I think you don't quite understand something's.
Everything does not have to be the specifically best build for a role. It's just that ideally every race can be viable for atleast one or two. Not the best, viable. Secondly speed not mattering immediately when someone is on you is right but speed makes a difference in the long-term with kiting and definitely with builds that also have high max stam. And again it doesn't have to be the absolute best at something just viable and currently khurites are viable at many things.

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
if someone wants 2 argue for a buff to my playstyle, go for it. khurite is by far one of the best humans for the highest speed. speed does matter

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I think you don't quite understand something's.
Everything does not have to be the specifically best build for a role. It's just that ideally every race can be viable for atleast one or two. Not the best, viable. Secondly speed not mattering immediately when someone is on you is right but speed makes a difference in the long-term with kiting and definitely with builds that also have high max stam. And again it doesn't have to be the absolute best at something just viable and currently khurites are viable at many things.

There are too many races and too few builds for everything to be THEE best at everything, but every other human, both ohgmir races, both alvarin races, and Thur/Khal / Thur/Tind are all ARGUABLY the best at at least one role. Generally multiple.

I really don't think 2% movespeed over other builds is a strong enough argument to hold water. Alvarin have a more significant speed advantage and they STILL have to rely on clade bonuses to do much kiting. 2% isn't going to break you away from a sticky. It isn't going to afford you much of a lead to get off shots and cast spells. You're better off hitting harder in a head to head fight AND with the bow you'll use to easily put arrows in the back of someone who is fleeing 2% faster. (Not even to mention that Khurites have nearly no magic resist if they turn their back long enough to let a hybrid charge a spell so you BETTER win that fight head to head if you intend to live.)

Like really? You think 2% movespeed is worth the lowest attribute total of every human race? Even pure fighters benefit from more points if you don't want mages to absolutely melt you.

If what you mean by "viable" is "not much worse than other builds that do the same role", then yeah we have huge differences in how the game should be balanced. True balanced is a Full Kallard vs. Blainn vs. Veela foot fighter. All of them are "the best" depending on your playstyle and how you use them. Khurites are ALMOST decent builds in a huge variety of areas. But there isn't a single build I think it's arguable they are the best at if you're not SERIOUSLY overvaluing movement speed. 2% is freaking nothing. If you can play Khurite well, you can do better on a full Kallard.

Last edited:

agui

May 31, 2020
I countered it a point above. But let me counter it again. You're saying that's a mounted build? Ok. Let me eviscerate it even harder:

b10c47efc7e11d723ae20e199c69b63a.png

6379f0c02faa63966ea1a1c6dfada6ec.png

I guarantee you it has more bow damage because you can't get that high of strength on a human, 3% less melee damage but only because I minimized size. 7 more stam, 3 more Hp. Your foot movespeed is up to 2.4% faster but you said this a mounted build so.... 155 height. Yeah that dudes is tiny. I think my fit ohgmir build I was playing with was like 63kg. What's your guy weight? If the point of the build is mounted and weight has any meaning he's WAY faster for the intended movement style of the build.

If smaller size is a significant advantage for mounted builds, Khurites don't stand a chance. Ohgmir are are some of the best MA/MC/ and mounted mage builds BEFORE you figure in weight.

My post wasnt about a "mounted build" but a "fighter/diver build" i think you dont quote understand what a diver means or how fights goes throught and what to expect of it .... its not about str and dmg bonus that u will win a fight.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I was replying to HYM's/Truthshower's comment about weight with mounts your reply just happened to come through first. If you can dive on a Khurite you can dive on a Kallard. 2% is not a significant difference in overall speed.

agui

May 31, 2020
Sry, my bad , but again ... it is makes diference when your pursuing enemy.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
We will see if speed isnt that important anymore... I call bullshit from.what ive seen :) only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.