Current Taming Situation

wethemboys

May 27, 2021
It seems right now, a tamable animal is either bugged or not, and nothing will fix it, so you have to kill it, and go try taming another one, for it to level up.

Tagg

Sep 17, 2020
Yeah, I noticed that from about 10 patches ago. I think the '+' and 'lock' boxes don't always represent the right 'on' and 'off' for pet leveling. Also, I noticed you can only get a pet to reliably level up after you just tamed it - I noticed back then if I put my pet in a stable, then take it out again, it sometimes would never level (mileage may vary).

Reactions: Deleted member 44

DingDingDo

Jul 19, 2021
I do like the system for trying to tame hostile animals as it means I don't have to run around in a triangle dodging while trying to get a cougar or wolf.

It is fairly buggy in terms of success or failure but also a matter of skill and lore grind.

Tagg

Sep 17, 2020
PSA for anyone who ends up here. DON'T tame glitched mobs (unkillable/won't retaliate/won't aggro), or it will become a ghost pet that can't be abandoned, yet still uses up pet points. Biggest unfix-able glitch with tames at the moment (I found this out the hard way lol).