Crouch

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
+1 Absolutely essential for stealth. Just make it so if you're crouched you take crazy damage (X4 or something). It's realistic, if you crouch in a swordfight you're dead. And it has an animation to get into and out of (you take the X4 from the moment the crouch animation is initiated). Could still be used by Archers to snipe etc but if someone sneaks up on them instant kill.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
How is someone crawling slowly, more load than someone say, sprinting and jumping? people in sitting/mercy mode or sleeping doesn't seem to be lagging anything out.

You have 2000 guys in the far distance, half of the them are crouching. Now you have 1000 you have to display as 4 pixels, and 1000 that you have to display as 2 pixels. The information needs to be constantly updated. It´s less if you don´t allow for the 2 pixel people.

I actually think that lots of animations like mercy, sitting etc. don´t display at big distances. Which is why they are mostly useless for stealth play. Crouch if implement should not be useless fo rstealth, thus it has to take those resources from the server.

I'm not sure how looking up/down is hard on the system, but I could be missing something. As far as spinning, mouse-dragging should not be allowed, and I've honestly always wondered why ducking wasn't in MO's combat system, esp since it's an enforced first person system. If it can handle running past, spinning and swinging, and the parry that stops it, it should be able to handle ducking, esp. if mouse-dragging were removed. it seems a bit silly that it takes me all day to wind up my swing to attack, but I can drag my mouse and have the same sword move 100 miles per hour with a spin. I could be wrong though, the prediction question is a valid one. Guess it stays on my wish list, lol.

It broke the animations and allowed you to confuse your opponent that way. That´s why it was limited in a patch.

Dragging swings actually does break prediction and is one of the ways to get past a parry. You are right that it´s weird, but removing the ability to drag swings would make combat even worse in terms of speed and skill ceiling.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I'm happy to agree to disagree. Your posts are consistently well-thought out, and you obviously do your research. I'm just gonna stand by the idea that mouse dragging let's someone win by doing something physically impossible, and that is not skill ceiling; it's exploiting an unregulated mechanic that now, is thankfully reigned in. You have a nice day.

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
How about adding crouch?
You can jump in your heavy armor but you can't crouch with it. It could be useful in some situations, like sneaking on someone or hiding before group of bad guys. And it might be good for immersion.
What are your opinions?

I don't like chivalry. See no need to imitate.

IF you do add it then it should take 3 swings or more of stam to get into quickly or some process of in and out of rapidly. Other than that it seems ok.

probably gonna make it easy to break the world too if people crouch into cheesy spots etc. If it was all good then yeah it doesn't take away granted not being some cheesy way to spiderman a footfighter. Are you really gonna be doing gymnastics for 70% of a fight? no. It should be as useful as dash was for fights. The movement of mo1 fight system even with broken prediction was offering a lot to maneuvering away from flying metal.