Cooking and alchemy more or less equal to MO1

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Yesterday I started to create a new table with the item values of all materials available for cooking and alchemy. From all I can say after testing the materials in Meduli area the values are more or less equal to MO1. Of cause with today's percentage value with two decimal places we get the exact values instead of the slider in MO1, which has been measured by hand to values like 1%, 3%, 5%, ...

Examples: The amount of extracted Sea Dew Leaves from Sea Dew is exactly the same as in MO1. The relation between the values of Common Reedmace compared to Common Readmace Shots is exactly the same as in MO1.

My conclusion is that a start into MO2 will be very good with the knowledge of cooking and alchemy from MO1.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Yesterday I started to create a new table with the item values of all materials available for cooking and alchemy. From all I can say after testing the materials in Meduli area the values are more or less equal to MO1. Of cause with today's percentage value with two decimal places we get the exact values instead of the slider in MO1, which has been measured by hand to values like 1%, 3%, 5%, ...

Examples: The amount of extracted Sea Dew Leaves from Sea Dew is exactly the same as in MO1. The relation between the values of Common Reedmace compared to Common Readmace Shots is exactly the same as in MO1.

My conclusion is that a start into MO2 will be very good with the knowledge of cooking and alchemy from MO1.

I was not a super-expert alchemist in MO1, but I think the potion recipes have changed a bit. for instance the healing value you would get from a simple sea dew leaves + calamine potion seems to be like half of MO1. probably need more ingredients per recipe in MO2

Reactions: Slyy

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Using a lot of the MO1 charts all crafting seems similar but most seems to have at least undergone minor changes. For instance if [Ore Type 3] was most efficiently extracted through [Station 1] and least efficiently extracted through [Station 3] likely all of that is true in MO2. Same for the general properties you're going to find from an herb etc.

But if it takes 100,000 Gabore to produce the materials needed X Cronite in MO1. Those are going to be slightly different numbers in MO2 most likely. So you can use MO1 numbers to get general ideas of how things should be done in MO2. But if you're looking for precision MO2 testing is important. Like an MO1 potion recipe will likely work to get the same general results in MO2. But you might need to readjust numbers that were optimized in MO1 to make it optimal in MO2.

Guildark

Mar 24, 2021
From what I've discovered, it seems that the values for alchemy itself have changed somewhat, if anything its due to the more accurate testing abilities we have now.