Constructive Feedback

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020

---------

I'll start from the top, and work my way down the points of interest I have.

Gaul Kor is super bright and not the way it's supposed to look, I assume this is mostly because of no dynamic weather system. But another big problem is apparently peoples FPS tanks hard in certain directions and there is a stupendous amount of just invisible walls in certain places that don't really make sense. Kind of reeks of bought assets not having proper collision designed. Never got to explore the surrounding areas but we'll get to that later.

Bandage timer is pretty bad, and the damage healed formula is extremely confusing. Just assume it was put into the game and is 'functional'.

Home priest option is good.

Poleswords are BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD, and feel BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Didn't get much of a chance to test weapon balances, but from what I could tell the combat is stupidly slow so kind of hard to test it to its full effect.

The new attack stages are not good, it looks / feels smoother... when you're not fighting someone. When you fight someone, combat just feels even more slow / clunky.

Daggers with removed handle tracing, very awesome. I like this change a lot.

Most of the other changes and fixes seem typical of a 'bug fix' patch. But lets touch on something else entirely!

What I'm referring to is the fact that there are rules in place posted by LGM Discord that state the following...

"Thank you for helping us test and improve Mortal Online 2; we will not interfere with the game once it goes persistent as far as the different playstyles that Mortal online two offers, but during the testing, we ask that you allow the testers to test and not interfere, in going forward anyone found disrupting testing will be removed from the server and lose access to the testing phases,"

(Link to said post - https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/testing-etiqutte.534/)

So I'm just going to call this out right now and say this entire set of rules is honestly super grey and not black and white. It's intentionally vague so that it can be used to suit the GM's (Discord) wants and wishes in handling a situation, now here is the problem with that. So far from what I've experienced, a lot of people infringe on these rules; yes.. a lot of people! Myself included, but I will at least own up to it on occasions, but the problem I've been noticing is that such punishment isn't equal or fair.

I'm not going to name specific people, but just to try my luck with this rule; I logged in one day in Fabernum and purposely went about my business not bothering anyone. Sure enough, two individuals who didn't like me from beating them in duels previous begin to attack me. I ask them to stop, I tell them I'm trying to test, I ask them to stop again; they don't stop and they kill me. I resurrect, and sure enough they begin to priest camp me.

To quell any concerns, I truly do not care if someone priest camps me. This is a combat alpha, and in my mind these rules are honestly a joke. I don't care if I priest camp, or get priest camped. No difference in my mind. So, what do I do? I clipped all of the footage and sent it as a private message to Discord on the forums. I wait, I wait, I wait.. I have no replies for days!

Maybe he was busy...? Surely he didn't ignore the rules he posted?

So I leave the conversation with him on the forums, and I log in-game and the first thing I do is run up to someone dueling and stab them a few times; sure enough he reports me through the MO Discord.. Guess who comes on almost instantly to warn me to stop? LGM Discord! Wow! While I gathered proof and hard evidence of people breaking the rules, this man only had to send one @ through General for me to stop. Should I perhaps of gone the route of going through the MO Discord too? Maybe? I see no difference.

So these were already my first signs that something wasn't right, but now with a more recent situation, it seems I've incurred a 10 day ban all because I chose to make a silly name that apparently upset someone who streams the game. To clarify, I made a new character to go and test some of the weapon combinations I wanted to try out. Even though I knew the combat wasn't going to be all that enjoyable, I wanted to try and test some shit. When I loaded into Gaul Kor I saw a fight going on and decided to watch, and sure enough they just jump me and kill me. Then begin to kill me on repeat whilst priest camping me. I asked them to stop, and that I was just trying to go and test stuff. But nope, I was told I was somehow breaking ToS and apparently doxxing the streamer? Utterly confused, I made a last ditch effort and the streamer told me to go report him. So, I did! Lo' and behold though, Discord goes on and sides with the guy streaming and accuses me of 'playing victim' and decided to ban me for 10 days.

How is this fair in the slightest? I legit was doing nothing and just getting camped, the very rules Discord posted being broken, how was I interrupting their testing? Literally what was I doing?

I tried to reach out to LGM Discord afterwards and tell him why was I getting a 10 day ban even though he openly stated it would be 'a few days' and said it was because I was trolling him. How was I trolling him? Because he disliked my name? I can't even make seasonable reason of the situation. It was honestly just handled so poorly it's laughable.

I should just openly state again, could not give a fuck about getting camped. I lose nothing, and the people killing me gain nothing but some light satisfaction on 'wasting my time'. What I do care about is how double standard these rules are. I also thought my ban length was absurdly long, but in all honesty at the end of the day I don't think I was going to play until the end of the month due to how bad the combat is right now. Regardless, situation is shit and personally I don't like how it was handled. Especially considering how the day after I have said streamer in my DM's shit talking me, like.. it's just pretty sad.

Oh, and also..

I'm not really sure how these rules are supposed to work, because LGM Discord basically just flat out stopped talking to me entirely and I kind of find it stupid to just 'not do anything' about the whole situation. It's like the rules are set-up to always make SV in the right so the player can never question staff actions.

So just to clarify, I'm not insulting the staff, I'm not insulting LGM Discord. I'm just asking for clarification on the combat alpha testing rules. I'm severely confused on how I deserve a 10 day ban for what people have openly done on stream and have been recorded / reported for doing with no consequence.

Thanks.

Reactions: Darran