Cloud PC gaming services

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
Not sure why last thread was deleted for Advertising??

But again anyone using Cloud PC gaming services to run MO2?

As mention before I Know Seb mention that paper work was put in for Geforce now.

Thinking about using Shadow tech for when I travel with my laptop.

Last edited:

Popex

Mar 26, 2021
I've been using Shadow Boost offer in Europe for a year and it works perfectly. Be it on my desktop, laptop, mobile phone (on 5Ghz wifi or 4G in city) and even an Odroid XU-4 under Android.

Lately I bought an Oculus Quest 2 to try VR and Shadow even allows PCVR trough SteamVR and Virtual Desktop (provided you have a good internet connection).

I also use Shadow for personal coding projects, I wouldn't trust putting professional data on this device tough.
Also be aware that Shadow depend on your location, I've heard it's not the same rig provided in America as in Europe.

Reactions: Sanguine

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
I've been using Shadow Boost offer in Europe for a year and it works perfectly. Be it on my desktop, laptop, mobile phone (on 5Ghz wifi or 4G in city) and even an Odroid XU-4 under Android.

Lately I bought an Oculus Quest 2 to try VR and Shadow even allows PCVR trough SteamVR and Virtual Desktop (provided you have a good internet connection).

I also use Shadow for personal coding projects, I wouldn't trust putting professional data on this device tough.
Also be aware that Shadow depend on your location, I've heard it's not the same rig provided in America as in Europe.
That's awesome. I signed up to test it out and currently waiting for my datacenter to set me up. There's currently 3 datacenter per state in the US. There's a pretty long wait at the moment and it seem like I wont have a cloud pc till July.

Popex

Mar 26, 2021
It's actually faster to get one in US than in France then.

By the way if you have trouble using some peripherals (like an outdated controller, or a keyboard with many functionnalities, etc....) I greatly recommend buying VirtualHere, it's an 'USB over IP' software that allowed me to solve issues with peripherals new gen for my Odroid XU4.

If you can't afford VirtualHere (it's a lifetime license but it is expensive) there are workarounds using Steam Remote Controller software but I found it really bothersome. I'm pretty sure there are also other means I'm not aware off that you could find with some researches.

If you have issues you can't find solutions for on the web try joining the Shadow discord servers (US and EU as well, they have same workarounds) and use the search functionnalities inside Discord (it's not referenced on the web).

Reactions: Sanguine

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
This sounds great. I just checked it, its almost too good to be true for me. Though I need some answers if you can, please:
Is this internet speed enough for this? Capture.JPG

I need some mid-range machine for gaming, how much would that cost per month?
How to sign up for testing?
Is it available in Serbia?
Thank you.

Sanguine

Mar 22, 2021
This sounds great. I just checked it, its almost too good to be true for me. Though I need some answers if you can, please:
Is this internet speed enough for this? View attachment 1534

I need some mid-range machine for gaming, how much would that cost per month?
How to sign up for testing?
Is it available in Serbia?
Thank you.
On their website they said 15mbps stable connection is needed so it look like your good there. But you also need minimum 5mbps upload. In the US it’s $11/per month.
This is their website https://shadow.tech/ not sure if it’s available in Serbia I can only see US options atm. You can also do a speed test to see if you qualify through their web.

Also Henrik mentioned in discord yesterday that they are working with GeForce Now to have MO2. That's another Clould base in beta I believe costing $5 or so last I checked.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Not sure why last thread was deleted for Advertising??
It may be due to the forum moderators being probably well-experienced by now with random spam threads popping up here on the forums every now and then. The ones masquerading as legitimate discussion threads by carefully worded sentences to appear as intelligent statements.

Not saying that your thread is spam or advertising, of course.

Popex

Mar 26, 2021
@Angelo

Yes I already used Shadow with worst connection than this.
However I'm not very far from Shadow datacenter. Maybe from a longer distance the experience will be reduced.
It won't be enough for VR tough, or you will have some motion sickness.

Just been able to go past the login screen and the game is working perfectly.

I prefer Shadow over Nvidia cloud services, because with Shadow you have access to the whole computer, while with Nvidia you only have access to the software (ie a game).