Climbing:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Once again, add climbing.

Just need to be able to latch on to stuff better. I had no jump there, but still, some of those, you should be able to spec into something where you can climb up.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Definitely, especially when considering that the map has so many places you can get stuck, and instead of implementing climbing we have the shitty unstuck button which hardly does nothing anymore. The mountains would be so cool to climb and have secrets hidden on cliffs

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
No. No when pve Is garbo and crafting Is placeholder poop. Climbing would be another placeholder content, to what get on top of the highest mountain to gather 3 thymus nodes?
Theres better things to be suggested.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
No. No when pve Is garbo and crafting Is placeholder poop. Climbing would be another placeholder content, to what get on top of the highest mountain to gather 3 thymus nodes?

Alchemy is great science and not a placeholder. Crafting is no placeholder at all.

But about climbing: I like the idea very much to get a primary (!) climbing skill under Agility, maybe even under Landing Techniques. There is nothing special today on mountains as you suggest. But there could be special stuff on mountains in the same patch with climbing skill: chests (with lockpicking), lootable corpses, rare material, ...

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

to go up and down places in different ways. Like I said you can already run and jump, ride your horse, whatever, directly on a side of a mountain if you do it right. You can go up crazy areas with certain paths, but there are a lot of parts where you just can't get enough, or you get into the same kind of space bar spam you get while you are drowning. Like I said, there are a bunch of places I feel like I could climb even as is. I mean you can climb up to escape a gank, too. :eek: Another thing I've recently messed up. Just the ability to not slip as much or slightly change the pitch at certain parts. Of course, I wanted climbing since 1.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Alchemy is great science and not a placeholder. Crafting is no placeholder at all.

But about climbing: I like the idea very much to get a primary (!) climbing skill under Agility, maybe even under Landing Techniques. There is nothing special today on mountains as you suggest. But there could be special stuff on mountains in the same patch with climbing skill: chests (with lockpicking), lootable corpses, rare material, ...
Alch Is the only crafting skill thats not terrible. The rest Is placeholder shit, or you gonna deny that.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
to go up and down places in different ways. Like I said you can already run and jump, ride your horse, whatever, directly on a side of a mountain if you do it right. You can go up crazy areas with certain paths, but there are a lot of parts where you just can't get enough, or you get into the same kind of space bar spam you get while you are drowning. Like I said, there are a bunch of places I feel like I could climb even as is. I mean you can climb up to escape a gank, too. :eek: Another thing I've recently messed up. Just the ability to not slip as much or slightly change the pitch at certain parts. Of course, I wanted climbing since 1.
Yeah thats cool but pve Is horrible, i honestly rather see dev effort in fixing placeholder shit before piling more poorly made content. It's like the general MO player loves themepark features and broken content.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022

Great science explained absolutely nowhere in the game, a guessing game of proportions, which at its core is rather simplistic once you know it. And it only basically has health potions.. That a great science, mah great health pots will change the world!

Sure they added a few other things for very inconvenient build changing, which is better acheived by just giving more character slots...
Alchemy is cumbersome, time-consuming af, not really rewarding (you can get gold sure, but nothing of interesting value really). We can't make levitation potions, poison is still not in the game, cannot make a potion to increase even diving duration, it's as barren as it can be.

ALL that alchemy has is a TON of ingredients to choose from and the difficulty to get them, and the unexplained process of mix and matching them to create health pots, which nowadays is either waste time or look it up (meaning the latter). It's not much more interesting than the general crafting system is.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah thats cool but pve Is horrible, i honestly rather see dev effort in fixing placeholder shit before piling more poorly made content. It's like the general MO player loves themepark features and broken content.

PvE or mobs or w/e are gonna climb regardless haha. I was talking about players climbing. Climbing would be more of a pvp thing, if people used general intellect. It would be another thing like swimming which arguably is not pve content. It's just another environmental factor, like weather, except as I said if you jump against walls enough, you can find places you stick, places you climb, etc, so the potential is there. There is even potential to do it as it is, and I did a lot in Mo1 (was a bit more climby, but stuck sux) and even in 2. I'm just saying, why not make it into an actual skill. LoS is to the point where you can tag people w/ arrows at range. I dunno; I feel like we aren't on the same page. Basically I just want to be able to 'interface' more, going up and down, with the rocks. Something a bit less janky and seeming like you are tricking the game. Same as swim races, climb races, whatever running along mountain sides... haha. It would make for better PvP imo, that's one of the best parts of MO (sneaking around and posting up.)

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Great science explained absolutely nowhere in the game, a guessing game of proportions, which at its core is rather simplistic once you know it. And it only basically has health potions.. That a great science, mah great health pots will change the world!

Sure they added a few other things for very inconvenient build changing, which is better acheived by just giving more character slots...
Alchemy is cumbersome, time-consuming af, not really rewarding (you can get gold sure, but nothing of interesting value really). We can't make levitation potions, poison is still not in the game, cannot make a potion to increase even diving duration, it's as barren as it can be.

ALL that alchemy has is a TON of ingredients to choose from and the difficulty to get them, and the unexplained process of mix and matching them to create health pots, which nowadays is either waste time or look it up (meaning the latter). It's not much more interesting than the general crafting system is.
Excelent alch review 🤣 even what it does Is barely achieved with It's poor placeholder design. But It's working in some degree not like cooking for example thats complete garbo or gear crafting classes that wouldnt matter if didnt exist and a vendors sold the final ítems.

One thing mortal crafting Is good for Is pretending something It's not. At least in MO1 it had more mistery, now not even that.

PvE or mobs or w/e are gonna climb regardless haha. I was talking about players climbing. Climbing would be more of a pvp thing, if people used general intellect. It would be another thing like swimming which arguably is not pve content. It's just another environmental factor, like weather, except as I said if you jump against walls enough, you can find places you stick, places you climb, etc, so the potential is there. There is even potential to do it as it is, and I did a lot in Mo1 (was a bit more climby, but stuck sux) and even in 2. I'm just saying, why not make it into an actual skill. LoS is to the point where you can tag people w/ arrows at range. I dunno; I feel like we aren't on the same page. Basically I just want to be able to 'interface' more, going up and down, with the rocks. Something a bit less janky and seeming like you are tricking the game. Same as swim races, climb races, whatever running along mountain sides... haha. It would make for better PvP imo, that's one of the best parts of MO (sneaking around and posting up.)

Yes why not i mean, dreaming Is free. Conan has an interesting climbing feature for example i don't see how something like that couldn't be (at some point in MO2)

I don't see how climbing shouldn't be pve directed aswell.

I don't think it should exist in the form of a primary without reworking skillpool it would just be a shitty tradeoff. If anyway rather see it as something anyone can do but can spec in some degree into it.

To be honest the idea Is cool but the current game design Is terrible and i rather see other content reworked instead of piling up more shitty content. I really can't understand why people move on when theres so much shit broken at structural levels that suggesting something like this feels completly off.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany

Yes, I agree to "nowhere explained". In MO1 we had some NPCs telling about rumors not only about invasions or something like that but also about new alchemy effects and hints to find the details. I remember hints about Tapii production, and with this hints I found the way to extract Tapii. And I remember the weightloss mixture when I had been the server first alchemist to craft them. We need those NPCs again! Hints about heal potions are missing and had been missing in MO1. With the future crafting effects like purify potions (ok, bad example, we had them in MO1 and many players know about the recipe) and like fire arrows (also known from MO1) and about poison (for arrows and weapons, will be a new effect) and even more in the future.

Cooking is fine but could be better, it is not as deep as alchemy. I wouldn't use "placeholder" for weapon and armor crafting because I'm unsure how to make it more deep and interesting.

• Haha

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yes, I agree to "nowhere explained". In MO1 we had some NPCs telling about rumors not only about invasions or something like that but also about new alchemy effects and hints to find the details. I remember hints about Tapii production, and with this hints I found the way to extract Tapii. And I remember the weightloss mixture when I had been the server first alchemist to craft them. We need those NPCs again! Hints about heal potions are missing and had been missing in MO1. With the future crafting effects like purify potions (ok, bad example, we had them in MO1 and many players know about the recipe) and like fire arrows (also known from MO1) and about poison (for arrows and weapons, will be a new effect) and even more in the future.

Cooking is fine but could be better, it is not as deep as alchemy. I wouldn't use "placeholder" for weapon and armor crafting because I'm unsure how to make it more deep and interesting.
Cooking Is FINE HAHSH

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
I think that implementing climbing under Survival would be a good idea, making it so you can hold onto ledges to slow falls or to climb up a cliffside at the cost of stamina would be nice. It could even be half speed of your running speed. It could even be a mode that is toggled.

It certainly is something I'd love to see coupled with Thievery as I think the two skills would complement each other.