Clade still needs a massive rework

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
Levels 17-20 are basically insurmountable in Nave. It's extremely time consuming especially for those with multiple accounts. In fact, the best thing you can possibly do is just stay in Haven dungeon until Clade 20 (which would take at least a month of 8 hour days, if not more) due to the limited ways to gain clade in the real world.

Honestly, everything that is done in the world should give at least some clade. In this way you are constantly increasing a character. Here are some things they could add miniscule amounts of clade onto that would eventually add up:

-Tamer: Successful Tame, pet level to 125
-Trade skills: one time clade bonus when a primary trade skill hits 100 (for every skill); smaller bonus for secondaries (one time)
-Titles: clade awarded when receiving a title
-Butcher: clade awarded for killing creatures (possibly only aggressive). This would also make spawns like taur dogs, panthers, & cougars contested.
-Combat skills: small one time bonus when a skill hits 100; smaller bonus for secondaries (one time)
-Fishing: clade awarded when a fish is caught
-Mining: clade awarded when extracting/refining

Etc, etc.

These numbers do not have to be massive. It could be 3-4 clade when you extract a full stack of rocks. But at least we would not be bottlenecked into farming honestly boring spots with slow respawns for hours on end just to finish leveling characters. Let us play how we want and level clade naturally.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Honestly, everything that is done in the world should give at least some clade.

This is the heart of the issue. I'm fine with 17-20 taking a REALLY long time to achieve because by the time you're working toward them you've gotten you 16 most important clades. I actually really question if there should be a cap on clades at all or if you should just be able to unlock the full tree eventually.

What I'm not fine with is clade progression being locked to certain forms of gameplay or incredibly underrewarding for certain forms of game play. Even with tasks in the only viable way to get clades up is to have a build that can farm the crap out of high-tier humanoid mobs.

If that were fixed, the grind times would be fine.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Clade gifts being split between two trees(Action & profession) would be interesting, but the main issue would still be present. The main issue right now is, there's only a few select mobs worth farming to gain sufficient clade points, this needs to be expanded on with multiple mob types. I see why they make the xp requirement gap widen significantly once you get your 15th.

I wouldn't mind seeing crafters being granted minimal clade xp per X amount of item craft, that would scale higher, the higher tier resource/material is used. Or even gaining clade xp from getting unlocking a chest with a key. Reward people for more than just farming the select few mobs that are worth clade farming. The same with PvP, reward clade xp too from things like a successful bounty hunt etc

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Clade gifts being split between two trees(Action & profession) would be interesting, but the main issue would still be present. The main issue right now is, there's only a few select mobs worth farming to gain sufficient clade points, this needs to be expanded on with multiple mob types. I see why they make the xp requirement gap widen significantly once you get your 15th.

I wouldn't mind seeing crafters being granted minimal clade xp per X amount of item craft, that would scale higher, the higher tier resource/material is used. Or even gaining clade xp from getting unlocking a chest with a key. Reward people for more than just farming the select few mobs that are worth clade farming. The same with PvP, reward clade xp too from things like a successful bounty hunt etc

Game in general sorely needs more mob variety. Been saying for a while game needs something in-between zombies and bandits. Zombies are too easy and bandit can be a pain in the butt for new players and mages. Only way to really kill them solo is to cheese them on mounts. Honestly they should just remove veteran bandit casters or allow them to be interrupted or reflected they are a big pain

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
it's criminal that they don't give you clade for maxing a lore, but the clade system needs more fixes than just exp! As someone who has played a bit of games with systems like this, it really needs to be 'worldwide.' That is, more or less everything you do should give you clade exp, clade exp is just 'being a functional player and accomplishing things.' Bigger things give more rewards but all playing should get you clade exp. Isn't that what it's meant to signify, not how many sator/risar/ants u farmed?

Get u on sators tho. I admit I only made clade 12 or so but I find it super tedious and only set aside very little time to actually farm clade. In terms of grind games, it's not that bad IMO, but again it just makes you wonder why you have to kill so many mobs to get clade. But they really should flesh out clade tree. There are so many things they could be doing to the game lol.

@steamcharts.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
it's criminal that they don't give you clade for maxing a lore, but the clade system needs more fixes than just exp! As someone who has played a bit of games with systems like this, it really needs to be 'worldwide.' That is, more or less everything you do should give you clade exp, clade exp is just 'being a functional player and accomplishing things.' Bigger things give more rewards but all playing should get you clade exp. Isn't that what it's meant to signify, not how many sator/risar/ants u farmed?

Get u on sators tho. I admit I only made clade 12 or so but I find it super tedious and only set aside very little time to actually farm clade. In terms of grind games, it's not that bad IMO, but again it just makes you wonder why you have to kill so many mobs to get clade. But they really should flesh out clade tree. There are so many things they could be doing to the game lol.

@steamcharts.

You should get clade for hitting certain titles. Like if you get the "tracker" title because you killed 500 animals you should get 500 clade xp at least. If someone made 100000 pieces of armor and get the title for it, they should get clade xp for that.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
At least.
You should get clade for hitting certain titles. Like if you get the "tracker" title because you killed 500 animals you should get 500 clade xp at least. If someone made 100000 pieces of armor and get the title for it, they should get clade xp for that.

at least, yeah, but everything should imo. I mean even if they had npcs that you would take stacks or... whattya call em? Trophy mats back to and turn them in and it would chop them up and put them on the broker and give you clade exp, it would be SMARTER. So many little things about the game that make it... suck.

It's really just so severely lacking content. Nothing is really THAT BAD individually. It's just the whole game is an illusion that people hope will be working soon.

W/ all the shit that SV has added, adding some shit like I mentioned WOULD MAKE SENSE. Same w/ doing it with stacks of ore or w/e... goes on the broker, gives you clade exp instead of money. You have to think... what is clade experience. Is it combat experience? Well no, it doesn't really seem like that! I mean it IS but it isn't presented like that. It seems more like 'character growth.' Thus a char can grow in many ways in a sandbox and nothing you do should be unrewarded, and yea flesh out clade more... make the higher clades (tho some people prol have them already) harder to get, if you want, just yknow... I'm playing Black Desert (lool) and the whole .01% or .001 exp move thing, even if it's like that, it will add up. Because there is so much stuff you can do.

But yea, I did support racial traits, but I didn't really think they would be tied to experience. Racial traits are a nice wrinkle to add to char stuff tho. I might prefer a pick em at creation type of system tho. Clade exp as it is is a big joke, esp because some of the skills are more necessary than perks. I just wanted clades to be different, not necessarily for dudes to have OP stuff like run shouts/life steal/pipe. lol. It makes it a lot harder to balance your pvp game when you add stuff like that in it.

Reactions: Hodo