Character Creation Suggestion

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Hey SV and MO2 community! Was chatting with a fellow member @Xronim , he came up with a great idea to help prevent rerolling.

As we chatted about stats and clase gifts. We thought about players getting a view of the clade gifts before creation. After some thought. Imo, ideally the gifts each clade has that makes them special. Like the passives and activation gifts. With this we would all know some more about our builds before creation. Also gives a great place to add in lore, giving those RP players more to use.

Placement would look awesome during the final area of character set up. Where we add stats I think would be solid. Then before we enter Nave we have a full overlook of our character before jumping in.

I know Alpha hasn't shown much in this area because its not core game related. Though I think Xronim has a great idea to improve the character creation.

-Phen

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I like the suggestion. Although I would point out that someone actually new to the game might be overwhelmed with the information and not know what it actually means. True, there will be some that read carefully through it. Probably the same sort that reads up on builds beforehand anyway.

So it´s a feature mostly for veterans who already know their way around in terms of builds.

What I´m more interested is the idea of rerolling being unnecessary. I just find it hard to believe that there will be perfectly balanced system in which a veela MA is just a viable as a Huegar. Just as everyone I would love to get my hands on some information regardings that. Especially since I understand this system should be in place at persistent launch, because SV does not want to change anything in character creation later on.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I like the suggestion. Although I would point out that someone actually new to the game might be overwhelmed with the information and not know what it actually means. True, there will be some that read carefully through it. Probably the same sort that reads up on builds beforehand anyway.

So it´s a feature mostly for veterans who already know their way around in terms of builds.

What I´m more interested is the idea of rerolling being unnecessary. I just find it hard to believe that there will be perfectly balanced system in which a veela MA is just a viable as a Huegar. Just as everyone I would love to get my hands on some information regardings that. Especially since I understand this system should be in place at persistent launch, because SV does not want to change anything in character creation later on.

Mhmm.. sounds like your talking more play style though. If one was to read the bits of lore that explain why they have a gift. Also give everyone the chance to see all the gifts before creating is a lot like picking warlock, paladin, warrior. Then before you even jump in, you'll know that a veela wouldn't be a great MA compared to others.

So both new and old players get information thats very needed early. Then late game if someone changes their mind its all on them. Changing from veela foot fighter to mounted just wouldnt fit well with their lore anyways. The jungle rats wouldnt be on mounts. Like in all other MMORPGs some classes are better than others in certain ways. Doesnt mean you can't try a mounted veela veela, just wouldnt be as good based on previewed information of that kind of character.