Changed skill bonus system compared to MO1

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
In MO1 the attributes gave bonus points to all skills either as int(a/10) or int((a+b)/20). The "int" means rounding to next integer value below. Example: Athletics in MO1 got a bonus from Dexterity, and with 85 Dexterity this gave int(85/10) = 8 points. Other example for Ecu Spells with bonus from Intelligence and Psyche. With 62 Int and 43 Psy the bonus would be int((62+43)/20) = 5 points.

The current skill window in MO2 shows two added bonus points for each skill, the first always with 10% and the second with 5%, means int(a/10) + int(b/20).
Example for all material lores with bonus from Int and Psy with same values as above (62 and 43): int(62/10) + int(43/20) = 6+2 = 8.

Conclusion: In MO2 the bonus points have been increased by 50%! In best case one gets about 50 spare primary points.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Additionally clade gifts can give substantial skill bonus points. So there might be synergies between the attributes of certain clades and their clade gifts.

Agree, but we don't know yet how this will work in detail. "Substantial" would hopefully be more than +1 str. Clade gifts are "under development".

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I think the Alvarin gift gives 10 skillpoints in every primary in ranged combat. That is 40 skillpoints through one clade gift.

Do you think this about the "Skill_Bow_A" clade gift? Yes, would be nice to get some primaty skill points from that clade gift.

I hope "BowStrReqA/B" clade gifts will decrease the required strength for bows so an Alvarin could use e.g. a 110 strength bow with 100 strength or less. Or something like that.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Do you think this about the "Skill_Bow_A" clade gift? Yes, would be nice to get some primaty skill points from that clade gift.

I hope "BowStrReqA/B" clade gifts will decrease the required strength for bows so an Alvarin could use e.g. a 110 strength bow with 100 strength or less. Or something like that.

Yep, it works already. Haven´t tested the other clade gifts but I assume they work as well. It was in the patch notes a while ago that skill point related clade gifts work now. Not that it matters currently, but it gives an idea of how it is planned to work.

Hopefully that one gets activated with bow crafting. Looking forward to that.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
extra points are great. What I didn't like was you lost points if you made certain stat hybrids, like high intel, high str

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020

Veela/sheevra with 100+ str bows is probably still out of reach, but the heaviest draw longbows are probably going to be very much doable now as opposed to impossible.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Correction on the alvarin skill bonus:
You receive 20 points in each skill (both secundary and primary). This means a total of 80 bonus skillpoints.

"Vitalism" clade gift give 20 in every skill under mental training, vitalism and magic schools. So that´s 200 skillpoints as bonus.

Fairly certain that won´t be as drastic in the final version.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Correction on the alvarin skill bonus:
You receive 20 points in each skill (both secundary and primary). This means a total of 80 bonus skillpoints.

"Vitalism" clade gift give 20 in every skill under mental training, vitalism and magic schools. So that´s 200 skillpoints as bonus.

Fairly certain that won´t be as drastic in the final version.

How can you know? There are no clade gifts in the game for Alvarin! Only placeholder names without description.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
How can you know? There are no clade gifts in the game for Alvarin! Only placeholder names without description.

Well I have choosen those place holder clade gifts and checked the skill window. It was part of my feature testing when they put that in the patch notes.

You can look at each skill and see how many points you get for the place holder.

Reactions: Xunila and bbihah

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Well I have choosen those place holder clade gifts and checked the skill window. It was part of my feature testing when they put that in the patch notes.

You can look at each skill and see how many points you get for the place holder.

Good idea! But I created an Alvarin and can't chose any clade gifts yet, I think they are working for Humanoids only.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Thank you, @Eldrath, after some relogging I got the same. I also tried a new human with +20 combat maneuvering and +20 anatomy. But most clade gifts don't work yet, e.g. I can't see the Alvarin speed A+B gifts or the Human damage bonus.

Human have many of such skill bonus gifts: Combat Man., Anatomy, Riding, Pilfering, Magic Schools, Skill Pool A & B (whatever this means).