C-c-c-ombo breaker!!

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
In a group fight right now you can dive for someone putting you at significant risk of stamming out. If they then parry wall you, which is fairly easy to do in MO 2 relative to MO 1, you took a lot of risk for not a lot of reward.

What if on the 3rd or 4th consecutive parry you got a really really really small window talking like less than half a second to then do a stun or inflict a decent amount of dmg (enough to kill someone who just dived and is low).?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
XD run deep into group then complain about stamming out what is this logic mate
It’s not unreasonable they literally nerfed dmg by at least 100-200% since the start of alpha.

A charged hit now often does 12 damage when previously handle hits did 12 dmg and now do 0.

You used to do more dmg handle hitting then you do now off normal swings

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
It’s not unreasonable they literally nerfed dmg by at least 100-200% since the start of alpha.

A charged hit now often does 12 damage when previously handle hits did 12 dmg and now do 0.

You used to do more dmg handle hitting then you do now off normal swings
mate IS TO FORCE YOU TO PLAY MORE TACTICAL so you cannot just run into group spam hit one person and run back to stam up u need play with team with a frontline to kill people not just play derpy 2 win

Reactions: Valoran and Rhias

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
easy fix... attack 2 v 1 in a teamfight xD
I mean they wanted to add something anyway. May as well let me make that suggestion so it isn’t broken. Very small window only on the 4th parry.

i'm reffering to situations like 7:48, 6:08. and there were two other instances in this vid

Should be able to actually sticky a kid like MO 1.

Reactions: Dracu

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
I mean they wanted to add something anyway. May as well let me make that suggestion so it isn’t broken. Very small window only on the 4th parry.

i'm reffering to situations like 7:48, 6:08. and there were two other instances in this vid

sticky is so 0 skill hitting someone in the back while they running away MO2 should not have such derpy mechanic like in MO1

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique
D

Dracu

not gonna argue against your idea, a block breaker is much much needed.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
@Livingshade Sticky is a skill, most people dont even know how to sticky properly and just let guys kite away all day long. It has made the combat testing take a long time in a team fight when they just run parry run parry run parry. What @Teknique is suggesting is a great idea. I dont think a player should be able to parry all day long cause they got good server connection. Lots of higher ping players cant get though because of the blocking system.

I like this suggestion a lot and i think after 3 parries it should fallout to a unblockable hit or a heavy stam drain because people are just running in and running out without any worries. Im not going into damages as i think they need some work fine and others just are missing the dps from the handles they use to get.

-Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
WHAT SKILL??? someone spams a spear or polesword as you run away and there is NOTHING you can do it is so braindead anyone can do it

Hahaha would love to see you in some team fights. Maybe then you would see how much harder it is now then before. MO1 was easy, MO2 not so much....

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
Hahaha would love to see you in some team fights. Maybe then you would see how much harder it is now then before. MO1 was easy, MO2 not so much....
you do not even have to teamfight to see how no skill sticky back is even in DUELS if people stam out you can just chase them and spam attack there back and nothing they can do in teamfight is worse because now multiple people can be sticky back if they try to run away so is such dogshit mechanic

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
you do not even have to teamfight to see how no skill sticky back is even in DUELS if people stam out you can just chase them and spam attack there back and nothing they can do in teamfight is worse because now multiple people can be sticky back if they try to run away so is such dogshit mechanic

Sure.... would love to see it though. I only get sticked and die when 3 people do it, 2 can't kill me while trying to sticky ( cause you can parry and ruin his teammate all day long ) and im not even good at combat. Its called a team fight for a reason. You have a team that helps when you call out properly. In 1v1 you can just parry all day, if someone is dumb enough to stam out then ofc they will get spam attacked and die. Your stam means more than your Hp most of the time.

In MO1 you had easy damage with handle hits and bad accuracy, MO2 handles do hardly anything, you have arm hit that do 0, and it only takes a small mix of turns to get someone dsynced enough to get away from them. Its nothing like MO1 my guy... it has a completely different feel to it.

As i said before would love to see you in game. Your words aren't helpful, they are just the same notes that SV took down over the past 10+ years. We have all heard this stuff once before, no need to beat a dead horse.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I knew that you would use my parrying in the back for this. :D

Anyway I think this is good, unless SV doesn´t come up with something better. (like they have hinted at)

Additionally the whole queuing a parry midswing should be toned down. It should not feel clunky, but currently it´s a little over the top.

Question:
Should this be active (as in your 3rd or 4th attack TRIGGERS it) or passive (as in every 3rd or 4th parry staggers you). The timefrage should be quite limited to give timing in diving more importance.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I dont think a stun belongs in MO, but I agree its a bit annoying that anyone can seem to parry like hornyfurry now...

I think we should wait till cron weapons are in the game to really think about such drastic measures tbh

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I dont think a stun belongs in MO, but I agree its a bit annoying that anyone can seem to parry like hornyfurry now...

I think we should wait till cron weapons are in the game to really think about such drastic measures tbh

Well you can still move or attack as I understand it. You can not however throw up another parry.

Putting being able to overcome someone who can block behind a paywall is a bad idea.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

I kept you in mind when writing the suggestion. If its only a half a second window it should only be useful against someone who's peeling back to their group and is low stam. Since they're low stam they aren't able to defend themselves with movement just parry wall and thats where this should come into play.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Anyway I think this is good, unless SV doesn´t come up with something better. (like they have hinted at)

Additionally the whole queuing a parry midswing should be toned down. It should not feel clunky, but currently it´s a little over the top.

Question:
Should this be active (as in your 3rd or 4th attack TRIGGERS it) or passive (as in every 3rd or 4th parry staggers you). The timefrage should be quite limited to give timing in diving more importance.
You should not have been immune to my hatred there.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Question:

For your question, I personally would like to see it happen as a passive. If it was active it would have to be based on per person hitting which may be harder to achieve in the coding. If it is passive at 4 parries under lets say 4 secs, then have small stagger ( stagger just stops the block usage nothing more ) or a huge stam drain for any extra parries past the 4th. Then forcing them to stop the parry game or they will get stam out forcing into the 0 stam game which stops them from blocking and running. Which ideally would help with the random 180 block as they run also slow them down on using the parry.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Question:
It definitely should not be passive or if it is, then the "charges" expire very quickly. The first option is probably most realistic after the 4th parry within the last 10-15 seconds breaks and does full dmg, and perhaps prevents blocking for 1-2 seconds

My ideal: Some form of logic statement

if stamina less than 25% AND
if hp less than 25% AND
if recent parry within 15 seconds =4

then
execute ability performable.

Preferably with an extremely violent and bloody animation.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I kept you in mind when writing the suggestion. If its only a half a second window it should only be useful against someone who's peeling back to their group and is low stam. Since they're low stam they aren't able to defend themselves with movement just parry wall and thats where this should come into play.
Idk this might make 1vX alot harder and zerging easier. I feel like theres still things you can do to counter this, like baiting free parrys from team mates that are trying to peel, etc.
Well you can still move or attack as I understand it. You can not however throw up another parry.

Putting being able to overcome someone who can block behind a paywall is a bad idea.
Well Tek here is using a Flamberdge which would be the equivalent of a Steel GB, it wasnt that uncommon for someone to parry whore that in MO1 either. And still, there are way faster steel weapons like the war hammer which are more efficient in spamming someone down.