Buff Feinting

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
We all know the game desperately needs a counter to parry whoring, especially now the game is getting slower. It seems Henrik and SV are banking on some special unblockable moves that may or may not involve a stun, but IMO we shouldnt sacrifice the directional base combat we all love from MO1. There should be better alternatives that follow the core combat system instead of dumb gimmicks, the recovery time on missed swings was a step in the right direction, but offensive options still feel lacking.

How about we add the ability to combo an attack after a feint, similar how comboing after a successful hit works to speed up the next swing? It would make the defensive playstyle require better reaction but still not butcher it completely. I still feel swing speed as a whole should be faster, but thats another topic.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
We all know the game desperately needs a counter to parry whoring, especially now the game is getting slower. It seems Henrik and SV are banking on some special unblockable moves that may or may not involve a stun, but IMO we shouldnt sacrifice the directional base combat we all love from MO1. There should be better alternatives that follow the core combat system instead of dumb gimmicks, the recovery time on missed swings was a step in the right direction, but offensive options still feel lacking.

How about we add the ability to combo an attack after a feint, similar how comboing after a successful hit works to speed up the next swing? It would make the defensive playstyle require better reaction but still not butcher it completely. I still feel swing speed as a whole should be faster, but thats another topic.
Yes, they definitely need to try things now. I wish they would have only leveled ping instead of changing multiple things at once. Maybe they can start by increasing movement and swing speed before adding anything new

Reactions: Snasen

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Faster swing speed would lead to ripostes that cannot be parried by high ping players. Making parrywhores and specifically EU players who parrywhore stronger.
This might happen, I wish they would try it while we are in Alpha, though, to see if the ping leveling itself is enough.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
an easy and effective way is to double/triple the initial stamina you need to block.

bubbles

Jul 1, 2020

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
This would make fighting outnumbered a lot harder though
i dont see the problem here, when you fight outnumbered you are always in a heavy disadvantage expect you fight against noobs who stab themself in the back which was often the case in MO1 so people had the illusion that 1vs alot is a thing.
a small but high skilled group should still win the fight against a larger group when you buff the offensive options because skill shouldnt be how good you can parry but how good you are in both offensive and deffensive play and what gear you choose.

i like the idea of getting stamina back when you hit the enemy in some ways, like a small adrenaline rush irl.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I too agree that something needs to be done about parry whoring. If your enemy has anything other than a super fast weak flake sword or something, parrying is super easy. In a 1v1 you cant really die if you are only trying to parry and never swing to risk getting hit.

Although this isnt a good fix, they could consider parry damage, at least for stronger weapons that are excessively easy to parry. And I dont mean big hits. I just mean if you at least hit 5 damage every time they parried your halberd they cant just parry all day and at least need to try counter hitting or something. I wouldnt want them to go too far with this though because nobody wants huge 1 shot weapons that you cant parry anyway because they just do parry damage.

But I'm down with any anti parry spam mechanics.