broker system

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
the broker system should be split into two: a materials market and an items market
materials market
for all things that are identical and stack like ores or wood, animal materials, etc all the raw ingredients in MO, they would be considered for the materials market where it should work more or less like a modern exchange, with buy orders and sell orders, and ideally some kind of history to know what the previous trades were for. These data would also be available for other towns so players can plan out their own transit/trade routes to get money from transporting materials.

items market
this would be for non-commodity goods like crafted gear. Its a problem that everyone has a slightly different preference for their weapons/armor and made it impossible for buy orders to be created. instead, allow buy orders to be created by use of a reference item. instead of having to match the item completely, the buy order creator could add some wiggle room for any of the items characteristics.

for instance, you want to get suit of armor (yes suit, sweet jesus let us make a whole 10 piece suit of armor and have it take up one inventory slot until unpacked). Maybe you're very concerned about weight and the blunt protection on the armor but dont care about the style or other stats. in the buy order youd put a reference suit of armor in, choose you want the weight at or below the weight of that set, the blunt defense at or greater than that set, and the rest of the stats you dont care. someone could come along and possibly fulfill this order without having to have some specific recipe or material lores.

allow all the items to be sorted based on characteristics as well. for instance, you could sort all bows based on their strength requirement or range.

basically anything you can do to make the broker *better* will be well worth it. with everyone limited to a single toon, the trade functionality must be ready to keep up

-barcode

Pirarucarucu

May 28, 2020
I really like your ideas for the rework of the broker system, especially two points:
  • The idea of trade history. This kind of system gives players more security to focus more in some kind of skills to earn money.
  • Also this idea of flexible buy offer for the item market.
Congrats for the thread!

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Agree with op. The current broker system leaves a lot to be desired. I hope that it is one of the things that SV plans on giving a lot of attention.

It would be nice if there was many optional filters that players could use to narrow down weapons/armor very specifically. Then if there was little to no results it could also suggest placing a buy order for an item that fits those specs.

Not only would this be good for towns, it would also make it easier for a player to set up a broker on their property and make things to order.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I just hope that they make the item limit not under 500 items. It was so annoying if you one weekend invest 20hours to sort your banks of all chars and sub chars and secodn and third accounts, running form city to city an gather your stuff, delete shit stuff and wanna seell 2 whole banks the same evening than i should be able to sell the fuck how much i want. instead i mostly deleted more stuff just to get free bank space i easy could have sold the shit cheap as fuck and someone would have a happy day. These limits feel unessary and out of time. just make a broker were you dotn do a DB query with select * if you select something than performance dont ahve to suffer like hell. item limits on brokers are a thing of the passt were performance was needed now your servers have the power to provide that god damn. and make a pagination query and you could evne plit the categories of items in table so you have even better performance just saying.

Im no guy constand selling but if im selling i want huge huge amounts and much items to be able to sell. the shit item limit so often broke my motivation for buisness.
GOD DAMN SV give us a decent broker item limit like 500 or soemthing, AND one whole armor pack should count as 1 item. THX!!!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
For sure need more sale limit than in MO1, as a armor/weapon crafter it was so bad having to restock or invest in skills I didnt really need or have space for.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
So, since there is still a very low limit on the amount of items to sell and the market seems pretty empty, it seems very important to make the system work without any noticeable limit on trade slots. The less offers are available on the market, the less people will use it. And if a few people try to fill all the empty offers (no bows, no meat, almost nothing on sale), they just stumble upon the limit and the market remains empty. Especially since everything useful is harvested and crafted by players, the market must be as easy to use as possible. Albion Online did a pretty good job at it, and with a similar production system in MO2 I can hardly imagine a less capable broker will suffice.

Really hope the broker system will be improved by a lot before the wipe. Also, is it just me or is there no way to sort the offers by ascending price? The 'cost' filter shows most expensive items first.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
So, since there is still a very low limit on the amount of items to sell and the market seems pretty empty, it seems very important to make the system work without any noticeable limit on trade slots. The less offers are available on the market, the less people will use it. And if a few people try to fill all the empty offers (no bows, no meat, almost nothing on sale), they just stumble upon the limit and the market remains empty. Especially since everything useful is harvested and crafted by players, the market must be as easy to use as possible. Albion Online did a pretty good job at it, and with a similar production system in MO2 I can hardly imagine a less capable broker will suffice.

Really hope the broker system will be improved by a lot before the wipe. Also, is it just me or is there no way to sort the offers by ascending price? The 'cost' filter shows most expensive items first.
they should increase the selling limit to 300items or somethign like that. Its needed for good economy.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

It was a bit easier for AO since all items had tiers and enchanted levels. Though I think MO should come up with some system to rank items based on the damage and armor they provide. Or else the broker is just going to be flooded with tons of crap people made a ton of just to level up their crafting skills

Status
Not open for further replies.