Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.0 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/beta-path-notes-0-1-0-0.794/

Added:
  • Added LOD's to capes and banners.
  • Added dynamic detail scalability to characters and creatures. Body physics, cloth simulation, shadows, motion blur, fur and some animation details are now turned down or off based on distance.
  • Added contact shadows to characters when they are nearby.
  • New emotes. Type `/emote` in local chat.
  • You can now gather Rye, Water from lakes, Common Reedmace and Malus Fruit.

Changes:
  • AI now gets a little bit of HP when leaving mercy mode.
  • Optimization run on main server.
  • Optimization run on login server.
  • Optimization run on AI.
  • Optimized all spawners.
  • Reduced server cost of creating characters.
  • Reduced server cost of logging in.
  • Improved system that decides what data is important for players to get.
  • Overall optimization for skills and items being created on the server and the client.
  • You can now only have one item in each extraction tool.
  • Extraction and refining windows now close upon successfully starting an extraction.
  • Slightly better arrow sync.
  • Adjusted the Arrow gravity.
  • Changed so that the visual arrow is used to determine direction for the arrow when released.
  • Increased world shadow resolution on Maximum shadow setting.
  • Improved CPU performance in multiple systems.
  • Polished Springbok animations.

Fixes:
  • Refining UI now handles right clicks better.
  • Crash in skill window.
  • All spawners now correctly save.
  • Issues with players seeing nudity in the character creation even when nudity was off.
  • Issue with purple weapons showing up in character select.
  • Issue that caused Equip hits to stop swings.
  • Players no longer spawn before they have finished loading the world on their end. They now appear just as the loading screen fades out.
  • Client will no longer time out during a long loading sequence. Login happens after loading the world.
  • Chat command /time now displays the correct time of day. (it was off by half an hour or so)
  • Players now enter the game looking in the same direction as when they left.
  • Players now appear properly in combat mode after being loaded.
  • Dead players that are moving around in ether world no longer drip visible blood on the ground.
  • Game no longer crashes on exit. It should also not get stuck as a background process any longer.

Known Issues:
  • Archery is still work in progress.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
  • You can now only have one item in each extraction tool.

So no more extraction que????

I hope that is just so they can correct issues with it and not a complete removal.

We waited so long to get that in.

Note: Reposted from a different thread.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Patch looks pretty small at added content this time but alot of optimization this time which seems nice.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Bugs as always ;)
I meant that this is just improvements and polishing patch with less content than before.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
please fix the shadows sooner than later. for me its not playable over a long time, the shadows are so pixelated and flickering (AA and Shadows on max).

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
please fix the shadows sooner than later. for me its not playable over a long time, the shadows are so pixelated and flickering (AA and Shadows on max).

Same here. All shadows flickering around the edges, even worse when anti-aliasing is turned down. When looking at the foliage in trees the shadows flicker like crazy.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
Not sure about anyone else but i get a film grain effect when playing in 4k in some areas, only started happening recently.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Not sure about anyone else but i get a film grain effect when playing in 4k in some areas, only started happening recently.

Yeah me too, combined with the filickery shadows it makes the 4k max settings experienc have a kind of grainy/muddy overlay to it. I can look up at the sky in certain areas and see film grain pixelation flashing in and out.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
Yeah me too, combined with the filickery shadows it makes the 4k max settings experienc have a kind of grainy/muddy overlay to it. I can look up at the sky in certain areas and see film grain pixelation flashing in and out.

Thank god its not just me aha, hopefully the textures and rendering of the world will receive some polish, it was the same in MO1 but not as bad. I'd also like scalable UI also. I remember playing some distance away from my monitor in MO1 and I could hardly see numbers on items.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yes get this aswell from time to time, 1080p max settings.