Beast Mastery for horses fake news?

Enclenke

Mar 25, 2023
I got beast mastery and horse mastery, spent a long time to get to level 100 on it to test it and see if horse skill Spur On and Flee Danger worked. While testing I came to the conclusion that both these abilities are completely and utterly useless as they do absolutely nothing. Spur On does get your horse to stay on 4 speed but the stamina regeneration is non existent, my horse still drained stamina just as if I hadn't spent any points on this skill. I have also tried everything to get my horse to flee danger, but it remains stationary taking a beating after casting it on the horse, hell I even casted it just as soon as it got hit by some Omerta noob, but the thing just stayed there minding its own business, take it the pain like a champ. Am I doing it wrong or are these pet skills fake news?

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
That's what i thought at first too. Can drop speed after spurring on to fill up the gas tank a little bit faster. Spur on will definitely save you Stam on longer journeys too. A little bit many times can add up to a lot.

Flee danger might require you to target your horse? Dunno.

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
Tested flee danger in town. I can't figure it out either. It just stands there. Maybe it needs to actively be taking damage? I~unno.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
No Do not listen to anyone saying Beast mastery or pets are "OP"
Pets Is by far the biggest joke of this game! Every single person gets about 20% more damage just because they have the zoology mammilla skill. So people get 20% damage for free, Bc everyone takes it to reduce points needed to ride a horse.

It takes about 6-8hrs to level a pet up to 125, Then you need to spend at least 300points just to hold the pet (Not even counting herding, or zoology lores)
If you get animal care it still takes 4-6hrs to level a pet up. Not counting time spent to go out and tame the pet. That shit can take forever just to tame.
Then if you do want to do beast mastery, have fun traveling all around the map just to have a low % chance to find a beast mastery book, and be ready to spend another 100 points for it. Just to have a Foot fighter Kill your pet in 4 hits. Because there is no pet armor.

Pets are so dog shit and necro pets are 100x worse.
The only time pets were OP is when you could run 4 level 125 dire wolfs. But that got nurfed in 2 days. G fkin F