Beast Master / Fighter Build?

Moldazzar

Oct 29, 2022
Hey guys. With beast mastery coming into the game hopefully soon, I am thinking about creating a viable beastmaster / fighter build. I know most of the people are playing a beastmaster / mage combo. What would you recommend? How could a beastmaster / fighter build look like?

Moldazzar

Oct 29, 2022
So maybe could be an option to run a human build for the extra points to have at least the greater healing possibility? But still focus the skills on beast mastery with a secondary focus on a melee fighter. Or is this too hybrid? :D

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You can bandage your pets out of combat with low veterinary skill just fine. In combat pet healing I wouldn't try anyways (at least with veterinary).

I run a Thursar with 100 Creature Control + 100 Advanced creature control as my PVE farming build. I usually take 2 lvl 24 blackbears. People usually undererstimate them and almost ignore them. For PVP you probably want to take stronger pet e.g. a Terror Bird.

It's far away from a mainstream build, but it is viable. You usually want to hide your pets somewhere, lure your enemy into meele combat, and then send the pet as addition on top of it (or onto the mage, in case they got one).

Last edited:

Rhias

May 28, 2020
So maybe could be an option to run a human build for the extra points to have at least the greater healing possibility? But still focus the skills on beast mastery with a secondary focus on a melee fighter. Or is this too hybrid? :D
I hardly fit in the beast master points (CC, ACC + Taming and ~20 Points in Veterinary) into my fighter build so I doubt you will be able to fit magic and meele into it.

Moldazzar

Oct 29, 2022
Hi rhias, thank you for the input. Do you have your build saved in mortal data? Would like to take a look :)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You can bandage your pets out of combat with low veterinary skill just fine. In combat pet healing I wouldn't try anyways (at least with veterinary).

I run a Thursar with 100 Creature Control + 100 Advanced creature control as my PVE farming build. I usually take 2 lvl 24 blackbears. People usually undererstimate them and almost ignore them. For PVP you probably want to take stronger pet e.g. a Terror Bird.

It's far away from a mainstream build, but it is viable. You usually want to hide your pets somewhere, lure your enemy into meele combat, and then send the pet as addition on top of it (or onto the mage, in case they got one).

good shit, mad respect for makin' it work. Meta kids will never understand that there's a big step between BAD and viable, too, and people deserve credit for out of the box builds. Haven't watched the vids yet, but I think I will check some now.

Edit: deleted my other post.