Banking in Bakti, Vadda, and Moh Ki

Jan 23, 2021
I read in the faq section of the MO Discord the following: "We have made progress on the capacity issues and will be doing some testing shortly. If this goes well, we will likely be disabling some of the alts. Our system supports us to be able to add and remove alts as needed in case the need arises."

While I have some concerns around a single Myrland being large enough to actually support the number of players currently in game, I have larger concerns around all these players living out of the cities, and more specifically accessing the Banks of Bakti, Vada, and Moh Ki. The current design of these banks do not support the number of people attempting to access those banks, let alone having room for their pets when emptying out accumulated inventory.

I hope that when you are ready to fully remove the instance options that you also ready to add some additional bank tellers. At least until such time as the player population disperses across the map and are able to better store items in houses and strongholds.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
In Mortal Online 1, after years of feedback about this very topic, they finally added a second bank to the towns you mention like Bakti.
I fear it could take the same amount of time for the same enhancement to occur again.
I do however predict that Meduli will be enhanced first.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I read in the faq section of the MO Discord the following: "We have made progress on the capacity issues and will be doing some testing shortly. If this goes well, we will likely be disabling some of the alts. Our system supports us to be able to add and remove alts as needed in case the need arises."

While I have some concerns around a single Myrland being large enough to actually support the number of players currently in game, I have larger concerns around all these players living out of the cities, and more specifically accessing the Banks of Bakti, Vada, and Moh Ki. The current design of these banks do not support the number of people attempting to access those banks, let alone having room for their pets when emptying out accumulated inventory.

I hope that when you are ready to fully remove the instance options that you also ready to add some additional bank tellers. At least until such time as the player population disperses across the map and are able to better store items in houses and strongholds.

yea Bakti needs 2 banks. I was talking w/ my friend when they did the first change and he's like I'm glad they changed the bank and I was thinking I dono man it looks like it's gonna get shitted up as easily or worse. Duli main bank is trashtier, too, but they have TWO BANKS. Two banks are probably necessary for all towns. I mean even Duli has two bankers on opposite sides and both get blocked up, so one building isn't enough. Need 2 buildings. I dunno why they decided that bankers need to be enclosed. In a way, it makes sense for immersion, but if they just had like 'banking row' somewhere kinda off where there were 3 bankers as far apart as dummies, it would be aight.

Reactions: Xunila

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
This is Tindrem bank with just 20 players. I've said this before and I'll say it again - everybody is focussing on server capacity (or lack of) but the issue being ignored is that the current Myrland map design cannot handle large numbers of players. I reckon that 2,000, maybe 3,000 concurrent players at most can use the map without it becoming ridiculous. It has potential to increase beyond that, and extra banks and bankers is one of the main ways, but there is a lot of work to be done. The alternative is that MO2 will shrink to a niche game for a few thousand players and become just a version of MO1 with less features.

bank2.png

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This is Tindrem bank with just 20 players. I've said this before and I'll say it again - everybody is focussing on server capacity (or lack of) but the issue being ignored is that the current Myrland map design cannot handle large numbers of players. I reckon that 2,000, maybe 3,000 concurrent players at most can use the map without it becoming ridiculous. It has potential to increase beyond that, and extra banks and bankers is one of the main ways, but there is a lot of work to be done. The alternative is that MO2 will shrink to a niche game for a few thousand players and become just a version of MO1 with less features.

View attachment 3641

lol anything on the counter, including horses, should be GREY. Shit drives me nuts. But yea, the idea of banks is good for immersion... but in real life there are lines and such and people have courtesy, none of this is in MO, it's all just dudes rushing to surround a banker. People bank blocking each other lol you get that second target thru like 3 people and you're about to press interact and someone jumps in front of you.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The issue is not too many players, its people are AFK or just lolly gagging around in towns. Back in beta if you were in town you were scared sit still at a bank and people only went to the bank when they really needed to use it because of horse killers in towns. Good times.

We dont have this issue at kran with 20-30 people that are usually in town nor GK. Only a blue town issue.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
I also think that once the house / stronghold / keep chests are implemented properly and allow sharing, the population in the towns will decrease a bit taking pressure of the banks. When you are able to put a stable or a vendor at a house, it will dramatically reduce the need to go into the guarded towns.

But I agree with Tzone, there are some towns where it is worse than others.

Reactions: Raknor

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021

View attachment 3641

The map is too large for 3k players, the cities included. Way more players are needed to get rid of the empty feel.

You’re correct that the banks are cramped, but that’s fixable by adding more banks/trade npcs throughout the cities. The cities are 90% useless space that cluster players in the 10%. Easily fixed by adding more bank/trade npcs.

NINEN

Dec 20, 2020
Well, don’t forget that the idea is that players should be encouraged to live out of keeps, strongholds, and houses. Banks, crafting tables, etc. will all be accessible outside of town for that reason. You are right, towns are too small for the amount of players.

Live outside of towns.

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
The map is too large for 3k players, the cities included. Way more players are needed to get rid of the empty feel.

You’re correct that the banks are cramped, but that’s fixable by adding more banks/trade npcs throughout the cities. The cities are 90% useless space that cluster players in the 10%. Easily fixed by adding more bank/trade npcs.
the game is not large, its actually pretty small and we dont move fast.

Reactions: TheOnlyRook

TheChersk

Feb 1, 2022
How do you figure the game isn't large? Versus other game worlds?....the United States, Earth?