Bandage Suggestion by Phen

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
My personal suggestion to bandages, I'm reposting this on a different post to avoid miscommunication. I've been getting lots of flack for my suggestions lately, rather see all the hate on one page then spread out on every reply. Please post your hate here as my suggestion is just that. It's a suggestion. Nothing more then what SV has already put into the game. Depth and useability, which depth is what got me into the game and it is what i'll push for in improvements. Aiming to change everything that was in MO1 ( even if it's just slightly ) to have a fullprof game they can call MO2 and be proud to say it.

Now here's my suggestion to bandages. This has been edited from Patwins post to create a better overall viewing. Numbers are placeholders to give an example.
  • Multiple bandages ( 3 different kinds. Channeling, HoT, and direct healing. )
I feel multiple bandages would be a fun idea to create a possible new roll that was never in game before. Anyone who wanted to play support must be a mage, while I would like to see heals being used from others who aren't combatants and still want to enjoy the warfare in some indirect way.
  • Each bandage has a way to use them. Also will provide a different level of healing depending on the healing you pick.
  • Channeling (Stiches) must stand still for 14 seconds with max (100%) usage of Anatomy bonus, fully completed channel would reward 50-60hp during the channeling process. *Other players can help with channel, reducing its channeling time by 20% per person helping.
  • HoT (wool wraps) can be used when moving, using 60% of Anatomy bonus, 6 second application process before HoT, Heals for 20-40hp
  • Direct healing (Carterizer) only when standing still, using 25% Anatomy bonus. 4 second application process before heal ticks. * Player using carterizer and is lower than 20% hp would fade in and out of blacking out for 2 seconds before heal ticks. Over 75% hp players will take 5-10 damage for misuse of equipment.
  • All bandages must be used out of combat.
  • Magical / Potion heals are reduced by 40% when player is using a bandage.
  • Player can assist in Channelling bandages reducing the overall timer of the channeling process.
  • All bandage types have a minimum heal amount, extra bonus healing comes from Anatomy and Intelligence (Intelligence only affecting minimum heal amount).
  • Bandages ( Stitches and Cauterizing ) can by applied to pets.
  • Each type of bandage has a cooldown accordingly to its healing amount. Channeling being the largest (15sec), HoT (10sec) then direct heal (8sec). * Numbers are placeholder, though i think higher number are better as heals are what draw the fights on.
  • Heals while moving will have a random roll amount based on how much movement your doing. ( The more keys pressed before heal is applied the lower chance you will have for higher heal tick.)
  • All heals can be disrupted by entering combat or having a contact with another player / receive damage. ( Attacked, pushed, blocking, fall damage, spell contact including heals, ect)
  • Each bandage would have its own animation, simplest i came up with, Direct healing: pulling out a hot knife and using it. HoT: starts wrapping a bandage around arm or leg. Channel: kneels down with needle and thread.
-Phen

P.S. I think creating more on this would be a great feeling for those carebears who rather help than hurt. Sense we are talking about something that heals people, also with lack of support rolls. I think this could be a great way for a player to get involved with warfare who aren't so into the combat itself. Not to mention bandages shouldn't be around in this as its taking away from a role as is. Though i sense many want to keep them because of the lack of support players, I would love to see more added into this area to give us non combatants more to do during war times.