Balancing notes for if the game was actually fun

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Changes:
- Added a primary skill hamstringing which gives a 30% chance to dismount on melee attack (foot only)
- taking damage while riding third speed has a 50% chance of dropping to first gear
-spears have a 100% chance of slowing mounts to first speed for 3 seconds when dealing above 25 damage
- marksmanship greatly increase chance of dismount on headshot
-removed turn penalty on mounted archery
- “lightning” now slows mounted to 2nd speed for 3 seconds
- arrows have a slight chance to dismount
- dismounted players can not remount for 3 seconds
- increased mounted speeds
- added bull horse
- added breeding (careful balance)
- added primary skill under mounted combat “knights will” greatly reduces effect of armor weight on horse speed and adds free armor weight to player (does not stack with heavy armor training)
- adjusted mounted combat animations to be smoother
- reduced magic damage that you deal while mounted by 30%
- added 1.5 seconds flat cast time to all spells while mounted
- you can longer cast with shields equipped
- npcs no longer interrupt casting
- doubled magic damage to pve npcs
- added spell “sleep” incapacitates an npc for 60 seconds damage will break the effect
- added spell “mage armor” chance to slow npcs that attack
- Reduced pet damage to players by 75%
- increased pet damage to npcs by 75%
-reduced pet dmg received from npcs by 75%
- Pets now unlock spells that the caster can use
-tames are no longer locked to lvl 50 and instead are creature specific
- pets can now be bound and cost 100 gold to resurrect

There’s probably way more I could add but that’s my first draft

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Changes:
- Added a primary skill hamstringing which gives a 30% chance to dismount on melee attack
- taking damage while riding third speed has a 50% chance of dropping to first gear
-spears have a 100% chance of slowing mounts to first speed for 3 seconds when dealing above 25 damage
- added bull horse
- added primary skill under mounted combat “knights will” greatly reduces effect of armor weight on horse speed and adds free armor weight to player (does not stack with heavy armor training)
- added spell “sleep” incapacitates an npc for 60 seconds damage will break the effect

Why reduce the damage of magic damage while being mounted? Nothing else has reduced damage while mounted. I hit for 40-60 with my maul on foot, and on mount. I have hit for 100+ with a lance on mount and 20 on foot.

Is the 1.5 seconds flat casting time added to all spells while mounted, is that a based on the current foot casting time or the casting time of 1.5x while on mount now?

Tames being locked at level 50? what are you talking about, I have tamed dozens of things that are way higher than level 50.

What turn penalty are you talking about as a mounted archer? There was and currently no turn penalty that I have found.

Why would damage reduce the speed of the mount? Last time I shot a deer and didnt kill it, it actually ran faster. Hell I shot a 6 point buck once in the heart, it ran a quarter of a mile and then died.

Why not include damage to players slowing them down to a walk?

Hamstring has a chance to knockdown anyone, I mean... Achilles anyone?

Add Fulmination explosion does equal damage to stam as it does to health.

Add bleed damage over time from bodkins.

Add second primary for use of a longbow.

Add second primary for use for two handed version of a weapon.

Add if you wear plate armor you are reduced in max movement speed by 1% for every kilogram over 2kg regardless of armor training skill.

Add if you wear plate for longer than 2 hours real time or 8 hours in game you start taking irritation damage from chafing. Starts as 2 points per minute that squares itself every hour past that. Offline time included.

I mean if we are going to make bad suggestions I can add to it too.

Reactions: Elijah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
-Added tindremic and khurite capes in the new cash shop. These make the guards of your capes faction ignore you regardless of criminal status.
-Replaced map with port of MO1's map

Ok I was trying to make bad suggestions but the second one would still improve the game.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
-Added tindremic and khurite capes in the new cash shop. These make the guards of your capes faction ignore you regardless of criminal status.
-Replaced map with port of MO1's map

Ok I was trying to make bad suggestions but the second one would still improve the game.
You don't like dismount mechanics?

Matze88

Nov 3, 2022
Changes:
- Added a primary skill hamstringing which gives a 30% chance to dismount on melee attack
- added bull horse

So you are a plate armor footsie knight, you literally try to screw every other playstyle but footsie knight lmao

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
So you are a plate armor footsie knight, you literally try to screw every other playstyle but footsie knight lmao
Quite the opposite I’m trying to resurrect classes that don’t exist and aren’t fun to play like mounted combat and taming lvl 12 regular wolves with 6 hp (how did this ever make it into the game).

Balance is about give and take. “Footsie knights” will be telling me im trying to buff mounteds and make it mo1. Not just nerf everything to the ground which is the usual modus operandi around these parts.

I also played every single class in the original game. Which is why I think I understand the balancing well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

"Footie whine"

Lets just remove mounted because some non factor tera bad doesn't like them.

Reactions: Hodo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
"Footie whine"

I see it as a mounted buff tbh. I wouldn’t expect you to understand though since you’re not very good.

I want to play mounted. It’s shit right now unless you play failmage

D

Deleted member 44

I see it as a mounted buff tbh. I wouldn’t expect you to understand though since you’re not very good.

I want to play mounted. It’s shit right now unless you play failmage
Whatever you want to tell yourself. Hurry up and run along back to MO1.

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
Posts like this take me back to the old MO1 forum days. It was a forum that Henrik and a dev or 2 actually participated with. If you put this on the MO2 discord they might ban you for false patch notes. I wouldn't ever see it though because I was banned a long time ago for what was at the worst constructive criticism and a bit of sarcasm.

Reactions: Teknique

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
You don't like dismount mechanics?
I do I just dont want RNG. As a runescape player, I'm fully aware of the amazing and aids things RNG can make happen lmao. 30% dismount chance can be every hit or none dismount. I just want skillbased / gear influenced dismounting. MO1's threshold was way too high. A consistent way to dismount / immobilize a mount is needed.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
"Footie whine"

I just love how the game originally launched with a foot combat alpha (because foot combat is actually entertaining), but the only real way to play the game is mounted. Because travel and carry weight. then on top you get 2 health bars, can heal your mount while riding, can run for free, can chase EZ, dont need to worry about stamming with a weapon, and cant get stickied as a mage.

D

Dracu

Wtf... This is legit good... Like all of it ... Even the removed turncap for MA is good.

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
- Added a primary skill hamstringing which gives a 30% chance to dismount on melee attack- *another primary? not really needed if they fix the dismount mechanic.*

- taking damage while riding third speed has a 50% chance of dropping to first gear- *helps zergs no ty.*

-spears have a 100% chance of slowing mounts to first speed for 3 seconds when dealing above 25 damage- * very cool*

- marksmanship greatly increase chance of dismount on headshot - * interesting*

-removed turn penalty on mounted archery -* no, its fine*

- “lightning” now slows mounted to 2nd speed for 3 seconds- * no needed*

- arrows have a slight chance to dismount - * no needed, they already kill mounts in few hits*

- dismounted players can not remount for 3 seconds- * very good*

- increased mounted speeds- * very good*

- added bull horse - * soon*

- added breeding (careful balance) - * breeding generate new color and textures on horses but no stats*

- added primary skill under mounted combat “knights will” greatly reduces effect of armor weight on horse speed and adds free armor weight to player (does not stack with heavy armor training) - * makes sense*

- adjusted mounted combat animations to be smoother - * ok*

- reduced magic damage that you deal while mounted by 30% - * no needed*

- added 1.5 seconds flat cast time to all spells while mounted - * ok, makes sense*

- you can longer cast with shields equipped * no, hands are free and they should cast*

- npcs no longer interrupt casting - * very good for mage pve*

- doubled magic damage to pve npcs- *only for outburst, not all*

- added spell “mage armor” chance to slow npcs that attack -* idk*

- Reduced pet damage to players by 75% - * wtf? maybe 15%, they already weak*

- increased pet damage to npcs by 75% - * maybe 15%, fuck pets*

-reduced pet dmg received from npcs by 75% - * no sense*

- Pets now unlock spells that the caster can use - * wtf?*

-tames are no longer locked to lvl 50 and instead are creature specific - ?

- pets can now be bound and cost 100 gold to resurrect - *? no make spiritism ress pets.*