Art quality of Risar weapons is unacceptable

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The art quality of a lot of some new Risar weapon and handles is totally unacceptable. A few are fine. But some are just totally bugged, and or make no sense.

The 1h hammer makes literally 0 sense.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Theres also the Bardiche
unknown.png

unknown.png

It just looks bugged. The textures arent consistent. Theres random parts that are just wrong. why are there random greys browns whites, random shiny metals spots, etc?

Heres the Axe. Its less bugged but still obvious. You can tell that the part that attatches the axe to the handle should be a differnet tecture, the rivets, etc.
unknown.png

Same thing with the 2h sword
unknown.png

And for example of what it was supposed to look like, heres a launch warhammer. Notice that its not just 1 pasted materla, or a mess or random textures.
unknown.png

The list goes on. But I don't want to make this wall of images any longer.

I generally try to not salt too hard on SV, I know you guys are working hard. But please if the content isn't quality just don't release it. It feels like an insult to anyone paying monthly. I'd rather have less weapons than have weapons that are lower art quality than whats in MO1.

Please fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jybwee and Gronil

Gronil

Sep 2, 2020
It looks like the hammer texture was taken out of a completely different game, and it looks like a building/machine texture at that. The Bardiche literally looks like it has a giant phillips screw head stuck into it, plus there's just weird texturing on it and the texture warps near the weird rust area. These just look so much lower quality than the launch items and anything that's come after like ranger armor and horse armor. I seriously hope these get retextured before launch, these wouldn't look acceptable in the most jank free to play game ever made let alone a paid for game.

Also the weapon speed for the 2h hammer seems way to fast, it is literally just a better warhammer. I'm not sure if the other weapons are balanced as poorly but I wouldn't be surprised. They just seem poorly implemented in general. I really don't understand what happened with these. I feel like every other piece of content prior to this, and after has been implemented so much better than these are and these were added months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
These weapons, especially the hammer and bardiche, do not look like that when I make one. Either something has changed recently or maybe you are bugged. Could possible be the material that you made them from, as well, being bugged on that particular set of weapons.

Reactions: Gronil

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ok can confirm. Its bugged on specific materials. Cuprum heads look fine. so less bad than I thought. Please fix all the bugged materials.

Things like the sword just being all 1 material is still that way with different materials. Not sure if thats intended or just lazy. But less big of a deal than the hyper bugged ones.

The warhammer handle is still bugged.
unknown.png

When someone makes a weapon and it looks bugged it gives the game a very bad look. So hopefully this gets fixed before launch.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Nice figure.
But that thing on her back... is that supposed to be an actual sword, or a scabbard, or was it made of play-dough and decorated with macaroni?
I don't usually care so much about visuals, but that is embarrassingly ugly.

View attachment 2033
Thanks, I've been hitting the gym. My hair needs some work though.

I got my sword from Ali Express. It doesnt quite meet my expectations.

Like if a new player came to the game and this is one of the first things they saw, they would be ready to make good use of their 2 hour steam refund window lol. You cant have a game that half the things look good and then some of this.

• Haha

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
On the pluss side, the gluteus maximus of female thursars are a textural work of sublime art. Seriously dudes, lets focus on whats important ok? 😉

Reactions: Jatix and Gronil

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Hotfix says fixed weapons with wrong materials. I rerolled to do some other tests and cant craft them anymore. Can someone confirm that bone Risar weapons aren't bugged now? Primarily the hammer and bardiche.

risarshop

Mar 25, 2021
classical woman that you can bang only from behind. great ass but the face is worst than my french bulldog.