Arrows, Hunting, and Bleeding

Coffeeus

Nov 24, 2020
I would to suggest a bleeding mechanic for hunting small to moderate sized game to make hunting with a bow a little more fun, instead of chasing a springbock around like a moron for 15 to 20 minutes only to try and hack it to pieces with a melee weapon due to frustration. a trail of blood or hurt animal sounds, something unique to track them. Animals cant bandage wounds so they should be able to be slowed down somehow, tracked and butchered in a fun way.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Should just add stamina and have them run in 4th gait so they stam out in 50-100y like what happens in real hunting. I dont really have a issue tho its just two shots on a meh bow and good practice to hit moving targets.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
We knew this from back when they tried fleeing mobs in MO, it was changed fast due to all the complaints. You not gonna hunt animals worth little since its too time consuming. Everything in grindy games comes down to gold per hour output.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Agree 100%. Not only is this useful for chasing down fleeing prey, but also makes fights against aggressive and dangerous animals easier towards the end. It would definitely make hunting more enjoyable.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
We know that in the last patch, Bleeding and Poison effects were added to the game so I imagine there's going to be some kind of effect applied to arrow types. A previous suggestion of my stated the following properties for arrows:
  • Broadhead arrow (historically used to impart larger wounds, thus bleeding)
    • Add bleed effect to broadhead arrows to give them more usefulness against fleeing targets/prey. Scale tick damage based on strength value of bow.
    • Lower base damage e.g. 75% of a base value
  • Bodkin arrow (historically used to combat Knights)
    • Standard base damage 100% of a base value
    • Adds armor penetration % scaling off the strength value of the bow, reducing piercing protection value of the hit piece before dmg calculation.
  • Long bow arrow (while longbows used the aforementioned heads, for gameplay purposes they make sense to stay how they are)
    • Highest base damage 125% of a base value
      • Greatly penalize the damage, range and arc when fired from a non-longbow.
    • Higher flight speed