Archery and Mounted Archery broken.... Not working as intended.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So recently I decided to test something so I deleted my Clade Level 19 character and start over. Spent a few days in Haven grinding up to clade 10 to have the attributes I need for the test. I wanted to test to see what the damage is without mounted archery or proper archery skills but a decent bow. So before I rerolled I made a couple of short bows with 77 str, and 71 range. I took them out and tested on bandits. I hit a bandit in the chest for 25-32 damage with max archery and max mounted archery, I was hitting a naked horse for 50-60 with the same bow from horse back and on foot. After leaving Haven my new character had 30 ranged, and 30 archery, I used the same bows I had previously and my strength is the same as previously tested.

On foot I was hitting bandits for 14-20 damage, on mount I was hitting for the EXACT SAME DAMAGE, but I had ZERO mounted Archery, ZERO mounted combat skills.

I was hitting horses on foot for 18-26 and, 30-40 damage on mount with ZERO mounted archery, and ZERO mounted combat. When I unlocked the skill I was getting 40-50 point hits from horse back.

This makes ZERO sense. I tested with a melee weapon and was hitting for 3-8 on a horse without skills in Mounted combat or mounted charge, and 80 in the melee weapon skill. But with the skills maxed I was hitting for 40-50 with the same weapon.

So it appears that mounted combat with mounted charge is working as intended but Mounted archery is not.

Reactions: Jatix

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I really dont see the issue. The more points you put in archery or mounted archery the more damage you are doing, as per your tests.

Yes, you can use it without any points, you just do very low damage. The only thing the skill does is increase your damage.

What is your point exactly?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I really dont see the issue. The more points you put in archery or mounted archery the more damage you are doing, as per your tests.

Yes, you can use it without any points, you just do very low damage. The only thing the skill does is increase your damage.

What is your point exactly?
The issue is that at 0 MA he's hitting for a whole 10 less damage than max. While 0 MC does like 5% damage.

Also that mounting is making him do significantly more damage, like its automatically making him 100 archery for being on a mount. Getting on a horse with 0 MA shouldnt make your bow damage go up from foot.

Its supposed to be 100 MA is full damage and less than 100 MA is reduced damage (50% at 0 was MO1) from what you hit on foot with the same bow.

Reactions: Hodo and alabugin

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The issue is that at 0 MA he's hitting for a whole 10 less damage than max. While 0 MC does like 5% damage.

Also that mounting is making him do significantly more damage, like its automatically making him 100 archery for being on a mount. Getting on a horse with 0 MA shouldnt make your bow damage go up from foot.

Its supposed to be 100 MA is full damage and less than 100 MA is reduced damage (50% at 0 was MO1) from what you hit on foot with the same bow.

Exactly. I didnt think I needed to break it down Barney style for anyone, but thank you Jatix for doing that.

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix