Anyone ever play Life is Fuedel MMO?

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
I loved that gathering system, cut down a tree for wood, it was gone, unless you replanted one & it had to grow. Mining, the rock would disappear from the world, you could dig to make the ground lower or pile dirt up to make it higher. In MO2 that. would not work though.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yes i did, and yes their terraforming and gathering system was awesome.

Sadly the overall stability of the game, framerate issue, nodeline issue, de-sync and general performance was not acceptable.

Also it took forever to level up skills and doing absolutely anything took so insanely long it eventually made it very tedious.

Pvp and sieging was never made to just be fun. It all was super clunky and mostly just annoying. Their pvp rules were just retarded.

As a farming, building, gathering and terraforming simulator though it was spot on. Building your perfect castle was super cool. However, once it was built there was little to do as the pvp rule set were too strict and punishing.

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
All the above named issues, the cash grab and then the sudden sell to china are all things that should be warning signs of a bad game and dev studio. Lets not hope SV takes inspiration from them.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
All the above named issues, the cash grab and then the sudden sell to china are all things that should be warning signs of a bad game and dev studio. Lets not hope SV takes inspiration from them.

Oh, just the gathering & terraforming part, leave the rest out. I do see that being majorly abused in MO2 though.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I loved that gathering system, cut down a tree for wood, it was gone, unless you replanted one & it had to grow. Mining, the rock would disappear from the world, you could dig to make the ground lower or pile dirt up to make it higher. In MO2 that. would not work though.

LiF, was good till a chinese zerg showed up on your server and clear cut an entire quarter of the land mass of all trees then built giant dirt mound traps around your land.

Yeah LiF ruined itself when they removed the free form open world PVP with siege and made it a time gated event that only happened during certain times. At that point I watched my guild activity go from 100 active to 10, to 2... to 0.

Not to mention the lag in that game was horrible and this was on the NA server... because Bobik chose to host the servers on a crap company.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
The gathering sys would be so interesting in MO2, but after reading clear cut an entire quarter of the land mass of all trees then built giant dirt mound traps around your land. I was thinking, you know some jerks in MO2 would do that.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The gathering sys would be so interesting in MO2, but after reading clear cut an entire quarter of the land mass of all trees then built giant dirt mound traps around your land. I was thinking, you know some jerks in MO2 would do that.

Yes this was indeed a problem and eye sore. Since natural growing trees would take months and months to sprout and grow, but player grown trees would grow in mare weeks, you eventually got entire swats of public land that was clear cut and squares of private land that had trees so thick you could walk through them. But you couldn't harvest them because they were on private land.

Also the land eventually started looking like a giant construction zone will all the holes and mounds and unfinished roads and house plots people were digging everywhere.

Had they kept it going one other 10 years it would have only gotten worse and worse.

Terraforming is cool in theory but very hard to implement in a sensible way. Players will eventually make it look like a warzone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodo