Any Darkfallers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meltdown

Jul 20, 2020
I did play for a bit back in the day, loved the open-world PVP!

Wasn't there going to be a new Darkfall or something? I read something about 2 years ago, but haven't followed since.

Reactions: MyrmexThraxvágr

T00_EL1TE

Jan 6, 2021
CA
I played DFO right before it shut down. then i played DF UH with some sweet bros i met in the forums. wish i could remember their names because they were pretty legit. Bannec? hmm think that may have been one of their names. If you see this comment Bannec, welcome me back brother!

Reactions: MyrmexThraxvágr

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
I did play for a bit back in the day, loved the open-world PVP!

Wasn't there going to be a new Darkfall or something? I read something about 2 years ago, but haven't followed since.

They are constantly working on newer versions of the game with drastic changes to the graphics. I believe Darkfall - New Dawn is the new one that came about.

Reactions: Meltdown

AnabolicRage

Aug 31, 2020
Played DFO back in 2011-2012 time frame. Fun game but you had to be a mage...bunny hopping all over the place. You could play the mage killer route but it was all about bunny hopping.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Destroyers could actually be really good but even they had to learn the shrapnel hop.

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
Actually, the New Dawn DFO 2018-2019 relaunch ("fan-made") was basically what the original DFO should have been (class distinction, gear affecting gameplay, no fast travel, local banks and markets, e.t.c.), but unfortunately devs made bad decisions handiling money they got and went bankrupt.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Actually, the New Dawn DFO 2018-2019 relaunch ("fan-made") was basically what the original DFO should have been (class distinction, gear affecting gameplay, no fast travel, local banks and markets, e.t.c.), but unfortunately devs made bad decisions handiling money they got and went bankrupt.

I remember they sold the rights to the ND people and to Kimoshu who made Rise of Agon at the same time ND was being made. How did Rise of Agon pan out?

Kimoshu was a really solid guy so if I was still interested in DFO the fact he actually runs it now would be a good draw, but unfortunately playing just a few minutes of RoA was a solid reminder of all the reasons I quit DFO. It was feeling dated ten years ago. The game has not aged well IMO.

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
I remember they sold the rights to the ND people and to Kimoshu who made Rise of Agon at the same time ND was being made. How did Rise of Agon pan out?

Kimoshu was a really solid guy so if I was still interested in DFO the fact he actually runs it now would be a good draw, but unfortunately playing just a few minutes of RoA was a solid reminder of all the reasons I quit DFO. It was feeling dated ten years ago. The game has not aged well IMO.
RoA is just a "DFO PvP Arena" game, I've played it for a month or two after release and left because it felt just like a worse DFO. On the other hand, ND which was released almost a year later felt so refreshing, it was definitely what DFO initially meant to be, with many flaws of the original being fixed... But devs made too many mistakes and server was underpopulated because many of those "cool peeveepee guys" preferred to stay on RoA and not move to ND.

But I disagree, that the game aged badly, it still felt very fresh in terms of game mechanics (some of which are absolutely unique) and graphics are still decent imo. If ND would be finished and relaunched somehow with a decently populated server, I would jump back any time and forget about any other MMORPGs forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.