Another Stress Test before release is needed

Should we do another stress test?

• Yes, obviously.

Votes: 21 95.5%
  • Of course we do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm satisfied that we won't need a stress test for some reason.

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Gutted implies they've taken things out. What was removed?
OMG. YOU CAUGHT SOMEONE USING THE WRONG METAPHOR! GG.

Technically, Star Vault can't have taken anything out that's never yet been implemented. We are in awe of your grasp of ontolgoy.

Here's a more apt similie:

MO2, so far, is without all the internal vital organs that MO1 was using to live for as long as it did.

The state it's in is like having maybe one lung; a stub of a liver that hasn't grown in, yet; a weak heart, a missing kidney, no spleen, and some seriously occluded arteries. It's not ready for discharge from the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

'Thoughts and prayers' won't help the situation.

(I can tell already that you don't like this line of argument. Tough.)

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
OMG. YOU CAUGHT SOMEONE USING THE WRONG METAPHOR! GG.

Technically, Star Vault can't have taken anything out that's never yet been implemented. We are in awe of your grasp of ontolgoy.

Here's a more apt similie:

MO2, so far, is without all the internal vital organs that MO1 was using to live for as long as it did.

The state it's in is like having maybe one lung; a stub of a liver that hasn't grown in, yet; a weak heart, a missing kidney, no spleen, and some seriously occluded arteries. It's not ready for discharge from the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).

'Thoughts and prayers' won't help the situation.

(I can tell already that you don't like this line of argument. Tough.)

That would be a metaphor, not a simile.

It's more simple to say that the game is missing some key features. Right, we get that, I think everyone here understands that a lot of mechanics aren't yet implemented. At the current rate of development, though, I feel confident that they will rapidly be added to the game. I'm not overly concerned about that. If anything, I'd prefer a slightly more robust testing phase for the internal team before the patch is pushed live.

Speaking of testing, I really think another stress test should be done after Housing and Keeps are put in. I'm interested to see client and server performance under a heavy load when the world is a great deal less empty.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
That would be a metaphor, not a simile.
.... and once I've used the word "like", I really can't call that figure of speech a metaphor instead of a smille-- and neither should you.

Of course, I have to suppose I just caught you not reading the entire text. Maybe you don't read so much as just lurk under your bridge, waiting to reply.
It's more simple to say that the game is missing some key features.
And you're just the man to say a simple thing. Thank you.

Right, we get that...
Good.
I feel confident that they will rapidly be added to the game.
I don't. I also don't think they will be added to the game 'rapidly'.
But I'm happy for you if you can feel that way.
We'll see what happens.

I'm not overly concerned about that.
Noted. I can't imagine that anyone's ever accused you of giving a shit, er, caring too much.
Speaking of testing, I really think another stress test should be done after Housing and Keeps are put in. I'm interested to see client and server performance under a heavy load when the world is a great deal less empty.
Yes, that sounds like (there's that word, again) what should be Star Vault's plan.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
I'll break it down for you.

This is a metaphor.

This is a simile. Two separate statements. Sorry to disappoint you in your inability to correct me.

Of course, I have to suppose I just caught you not reading the entire text. Maybe you don't read so much as just lurk under your bridge, waiting to reply.
You're one to talk about reading when you can't even correctly spell simile in the first place, not to mention ontology.

And you're just the man to say a simple thing. Thank you.

Yes, I don't feel a need to dress up simple statements with inaccurate or misapplied words. Wouldn't want to confuse those among us that believe they are cleverer than they actually are.

I don't. I also don't think they will be added to the game 'rapidly'.
But I'm happy for you if you can feel that way.
We'll see what happens.

Entirely new mechanics are added to the game every few weeks. That is objectively a rapid advancement in development, even compared to much better funded and staffed development studios.

Noted. I can't imagine that anyone's ever accused you of giving a shit, er, caring too much.

Not sure where this is coming from, I'm here engaging on the forums to push some ideas and give some suggestions to hopefully improve the game. Even when I'm met with some hostile know-it-alls that don't even actively play the game that seem to counter my every word as if they actually know better, when clearly they aren't an avid or skilled player who understands the ins-and-outs of MO2.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
To be fair I believe simile falls under the umbrella of metaphor.

No, not technically- they're both common figures of speech, but distinct. A simile is more of a direct comparison typically made using like or as statements.

Let's all stop berating each other and discuss the game. Naj n Mega, you two are smart and alike, be friends. There! wahaha.

Miss Laylah here reminds me of a younger version of myself, before I discovered recreational substances and healthy socialization. Not as attractive or intelligent, though. ;)

But seriously, I don't particularly enjoy being hostile with others, berating, or arguing.

My bet is that they are not going to rapidly flesh out this game or, if they somehow do, it will be decidedly AWFUL.

It's a lot of time, but even housing and keeps, that alone is gonna be a tough add by Jan unless they are just dragging and dropping from MO1 (which tbh I thought they were doing to an extent, but I don't think that's the case, it's much different. It seems slightly different, fundamentally.)

Going off what Henrik has said, they kind of are, but of course they have to modify the code a fair bit to work correctly in MO2 and redesign it a little bit to fit the game. This is why much progress has been made in little time.

You obviously can't do a stress test after release, right? Cuz time is moni, you know how MO community feels about the servers going down during important stuff. ahem ahem.

Precisely. This is why I am pushing for a stress test beforehand. I want the launch to go as smoothly as possible so that we can generate a good, healthy playerbase level from the start. I fully believe that the game will pull in quite a lot of people- unless they have a terrible initial experience in which poor performance and bugs are a turn off. The snowball effect can go either way here. Nobody (who matters) would really mind if launch got delayed a month or two in order to smooth things out a bit. Even then, MO2 would still have less delays than New World. :LOL:

I need to look at the roadmap again.

Edit: here's the roadmap for the convenience of all.

It doesn't seem like they are behind schedule, but a lot of vagueness and overlap is stated. A lot things like HORSE STATS, are missing. BOSSES DUNGEONS WEAPONS is cool, but I know someone (it wasn't you was it, Mega?)
nope

said something like, "People act like they want a life sim, but this is a hardcore pvp game." and it's like... I dunno buds. I think it's both and that's why it works. It takes one to make the other matter. If you are dick in pvp, your life sim will become shitty, if you are a dick in lifesim, you will get kilt. It works.

Mortal needs more communication, more active town life. I remember going to MK from Tindrem as a nub when I first came in... in like 12 or 13?? and y'know all the guilds, telling me this guild is bad, seeing what this guild does, it was very interesting. The town was a hub. It is, still, but I would like to see more hubby things in town to encourage gathering. I wouldn't mind some pseudo RP aspects, like eating at the table in the tavern giving you a slight buff to reserve, or like how they had inns which were more OP than campfires.

Yeah, the atmospheric feel of the game would greatly benefit from these types of changes. However, there are several features higher up on the priority list.

edit- to fix a bracket