and so it begins ...

May 28, 2020
Pathetic. Honestly MO2 marketing should focus more on survival/hardcore game crowd(Ark,Rust,Conan,Tarkov) rather than MMORPG users, because they only know games like WoW and FF14 nowadays anyways. MMO as a label has become worthless. Everything calls itself a MMO even if it isn't. Not saying the one world one server aspect should be put aside, but generally I think MO2 will resonate more with people who usually play the aforementioned games, plus M&B & Mordhau compared to people who keep looking for the next WoW killer.

Reactions: Jhackman

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Pathetic. Honestly MO2 marketing should focus more on survival/hardcore game crowd(Ark,Rust,Conan,Tarkov) rather than MMORPG users, because they only know games like WoW and FF14 nowadays anyways. MMO as a label has become worthless. Everything calls itself a MMO even if it isn't. Not saying the one world one server aspect should be put aside, but generally I think MO2 will resonate more with people who usually play the aforementioned games, plus M&B & Mordhau compared to people who keep looking for the next WoW killer.
MO should focus on the Dark Souls community because let's face it,MO is literally the Dark Souls of melee-centric games

• Wow
Reactions: Ibarruri

a.out

May 28, 2020
They removed my comment about there being a difference between a donation and a price tag.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Xunila

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
all ok with starvault i happy see they work in MO2 but 2500..buff...Much cashh. I pay 150 with pleasure for help but 2500...is much cash.
"Es mucha plata Henrik"
But well, we will see what is future. I hope it not damage the game. For other side Star Citizen take millions of money and people still belive in it.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
MO should focus on the Dark Souls community because let's face it,MO is literally the Dark Souls of melee-centric games

ULTIMA ONLINE. We need all Ultima online Fans. MO is the most near i see to Ultima Online. I have hope game wil be sucesfull. Look amazing. And with luck, we will have 4000-5000 guys play. I will make trades forever!

Reactions: Kuroi and Xunila
May 28, 2020
Bro there is a big difference to what basically amounts to a first person medieval slasher with magic and an isometric pre-wwii mmorpg. Full loot open pvp worlds have been done by many more games now which are a lot closer to MO than UO, more prominent and more successful.

a.out

May 28, 2020
They kept my second comment. I suppose they know very well that it doesn't matter. Nobody cares about those magazines anymore anyways.

D

Dracu

To be fair just the title sounds shit, the article itself is actually neutral and not negative. Its really not a bad article at all just talking about the game beeing hardcore/brutal and for pvp players, the current state its at and coming features. And listing the things you get from the various tiers but without judging.

It also says that the money is supporting the development of the game.

Like said its just listing the same things as the website informations just in german, this is a good article and the title may be interesting enough for people to read it.

Again, this article is good/neutral/informative not bad.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Idk about you guys, but hand crafted loot back and 1:1 scale draco helmet sounds awesome. @Henrik Nyström for the 2500 does a player get to design a weapon in game still? To me 2500 isnt much when talking real possessions.
Not sure how much they pay for the items, but helmet and loot bag gotta be like 400 bucks on their own. Plus you get lifetime to MO2.

Seems good for the true die hard fans!

D

Dracu

Idk about you guys, but hand crafted loot back and 1:1 scale draco helmet sounds awesome. @Henrik Nyström for the 2500 does a player get to design a weapon in game still? To me 2500 isnt much when talking real possessions.
Not sure how much they pay for the items, but helmet and loot bag gotta be like 400 bucks on their own. Plus you get lifetime to MO2.

Seems good for the true die hard fans!
If its possesion you are after for 2.5k you can get a real armor and have enough left to buy a bag and years of playtime :D

Last edited by a moderator:

a.out

May 28, 2020
To be fair just the title sounds shit, the article itself is actually neutral and not negative. Its really not a bad article at all just talking about the game beeing hardcore/brutal and for pvp players, the current state its at and coming features. And listing the things you get from the various tiers but without judging.

It also says that the money is supporting the development of the game.

Like said its just listing the same things as the website informations just in german, this is a good article and the title may be interesting enough for people to read it.

Again, this article is good/neutral/informative not bad.
Does not really matter, the first impression is generated by the title. In the article they solely focusing on the most expensive supporter pack. They did not even describe what MO is about, except that it is about "ganking weaker players". It's obviously meant to induce outrage and If you look at the comments that's exactly what is happening. If they meant to be neutral that's not how you do it and they know that very well.

So in all fairness, fuck them. Good article my ass.

Reactions: Najwalaylah