After the stress test in march?

DigitalDayDream

Feb 7, 2021
Hello just wondering , After the stress test in march, they said they will start Persistent state.

My question is since I donated for Alpha will I have access to Persistent state for free?
And at that stage will they charge monthly subs? Or is that set for launch?
Thanks

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hello just wondering , After the stress test in march, they said they will start Persistent state.

My question is since I donated for Alpha will I have access to Persistent state for free?
And at that stage will they charge monthly subs? Or is that set for launch?
Thanks
You have the game and 1-3 months of sub depending on which package you got.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Early Access is really just a way developers make people pay to play their betas and test for them anyway. ;P

Reactions: Jybwee

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Early Access is really just a way developers make people pay to play their betas and test for them anyway. ;P

It's a matter of definition when a game is "finished". MO will never be finished! We already know about 13 magic schools and several new continents. If we get 1 or 2 new magic schools per year and the first new continent after 1 or 2 years, when would you start to play?

Of cause there are some basic features missing with the start of early access like auction houses, thievery and houses/keeps and territory control, and dungeons and some types of animals and human enemies. Call me a fan boy, which I am in a way for sure, but I like to see the development of the game and to be part of it and being able to talk to the developers. With early access I can see the game growing, and I can try one part after another instead of being overwhelmed by all the features existing when creating the first character.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
It's a matter of definition when a game is "finished". MO will never be finished! We already know about 13 magic schools and several new continents. If we get 1 or 2 new magic schools per year and the first new continent after 1 or 2 years, when would you start to play?

Of cause there are some basic features missing with the start of early access like auction houses, thievery and houses/keeps and territory control, and dungeons and some types of animals and human enemies. Call me a fan boy, which I am in a way for sure, but I like to see the development of the game and to be part of it and being able to talk to the developers. With early access I can see the game growing, and I can try one part after another instead of being overwhelmed by all the features existing when creating the first character.
Thats simply SVs poor excuse to never finish their base game to a good polished state.

A game when released should be finished, balanced and polished with relatively low amount of bugs. So no MOs future list of planned features are not part of the base game but part of the collective future expansions of the base game.

Base game so far seems to be magic(Ecumenical school), melee, archery, mounted and pets for combat. Taming, alchemy, armor/weapon crafting, cooking, housing, territory control.
Missing some but point is then that these things should be balanced, fully working, in its finished state and polished at release. Bugs should not hinder you in doing these things consistently.
That is a finished product ready for sale, anything less will gain customer complaints and anything more will be a customer benefit.

Reactions: Castiel and Amadman

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think if they can at the very minimum have Haven, auction house, thievery, taming, mounts and houses and keeps all in their basic form at persistence, it should give newcomers a taste of what is to come in future patches that seem to come once every two weeks each month.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think if they can at the very minimum have Haven, auction house, thievery, taming, mounts and houses and keeps all in their basic form at persistence, it should give newcomers a taste of what is to come in future patches that seem to come once every two weeks each month.

I will add that these basic things should all be working as intended as well.

Also the current development cycle is not really guaranteed. The game will have to provide enough income to allow them to continue at this rate.

So lets all hope we get off to a very good start right from the beginning.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
You guys forgot about magic for release. :p We'll we're supposed to get that an taming about right now anyway. One of the bigger problems that were done in the past was releasing things that will throw off balance and change play styles completely way too late. You can't make a few aspects work together and then throw in completely different things and still expect it to work properly. Any work on making things work together that are done before all "core" features that may affect it are in are basically useless overhead just to sustain the current temporary state.

As I said in another thread, the biggest problem with "rebooting" MO, which is what MO2 is, is that they are basically releasing MO2 with even less features than MO had. Not just less features than after decades of its development but even less than on MOs first release. At the very best scenario you'll get even with MO release features for MO2.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The sooner it comes the less persistent it will be.

Right. The sooner we get it the more bugs there will be. The more bugs there are the more things people can exploit early on to break the economy. Duping is a major issue in a LOT of sandbox titles early on even if they don't rush release. I'm content for them to take as long as they feel they need.

Floky

Mar 2, 2021
merica
this is star vault we are talking about there will be lots of stuff that need to be changed after persistent i cant wait for it cuz it will be the start of probably next couple of years of my life and i am excited