Add Keeps, player buildings and houses before persistence.

qwerty2jam

Mar 28, 2021
Please note that the following is my opinion/suggestion that I hope the devs will read, but given how busy they are I'd say chances are slim.

The territory control system and player housing that comes as part of Engineering is a core part of this game and the very CORE of endgame for a vast amount of the player base. The control of territory, the the push of communities to build their own little worlds, the decentralisation of the player base from npc cities giving newer players more breathing room and fleshing out the world are just some of the benefits of the system.

I love this game and what the developers have here is truly unique but to say that such a system will come only after the final wipe, in persistence release, is crazy to me. Such a large, intricate, and integral part of the game not being tested in a phase where the most data can be gathered on it seems hugely counter productive. Flaws in this system, if implemented poorly would be devastating to larger guilds and small groups building their first homes alike.

This system will take hours upon hours and thousands of resources to do and should there be mistakes/errors, and there will be it's just part of game development, many players could lose days of work. Released in beta, with 100x rates the devs could gather all the data needed to release a system with minimal flaws, as well as allow prep time for all players to shop for their dream spot and their dream build.

This is WoW releasing without dungeons, Counterstrike releasing with no gun shop, Ark releasing without dinosaurs.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I think these features got placed lower on their priority list of things to get done than they hoped/intended. In an ideal world they would be in right now, but there seems to have been something that has delayed their implementation, I feel it's the actual art/assets since this time around those are what's being outsourced /purchased the most, but at the same time they're also changing some of the backend and need to find some kind of balance and blending of original MO1 housing looks with later MO1 free placement/modularity.

Reactions: Amadman

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
I think these features got placed lower on their priority list of things to get done than they hoped/intended. In an ideal world they would be in right now, but there seems to have been something that has delayed their implementation, I feel it's the actual art/assets since this time around those are what's being outsourced /purchased the most, but at the same time they're also changing some of the backend and need to find some kind of balance and blending of original MO1 housing looks with later MO1 free placement/modularity.

How do we know these are getting outsourced/purchased. I was under the impression that their team of 20 or so was mostly made up of artists etc and a few core developers?

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
one one side I agree with you. also, the more features at release the better.

on the other side, TC is such a crucial aspect of the game. if they rush it to be a carbon-copy of MO1 dreadful baseline TC is better to delay it one year, if it will mean a better system from day 1.