Beautiful game but...

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
too hard, too difficult.

As a newcomer to TOXAI from Heaven headed to the nearest bandit-camp. Got killed by one of the wolves. Naked with only small axe was struggling to hit a small pig. I can forgive errors, it's a fresh MMO.
Earned 2g for a spear and naked came back to bandits. Killed by another player with a great black bear.
Came back to bandits again, struggling to kill casters or struggling to take them singly. 2-bandits on me = death.

I am in the starting location. Bandits are far away and very hard to kill one, not saying about two. Ok, that's the rule but in my opinion, many players will bounce off of it. Bounce off of this game.

Give you an example:
We "do not have" a map in the game but we have a map on the internet. So what does it mean - it means that we have a map but to access it we have to press alt-tab and view it in an inconvenient way instead of pressing "m".

Reactions: Pipars

BullCashish

Oct 21, 2020
It's not the easiest game to get into at first, but try to speak with other players you see running around in-game and ask for general advice on what to do as they'll usually be happy to help you out or show you where to go to get started. I'm not familiar with Toxai but yoou'll want to buy or make yourself some armour before you go to kill bandits for sure.

Best advice is to give the game another try and look up guides on youtube or google if you need to, but to be honest asking people you see in-game for some tips or help will be the best and you could find yourself grouping up with someone to go kill bandits together or do something else. You might even find yourself joining a guild where players would take you in and teach you the ropes. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help you out!

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
but try to speak with other players you see running around in-game and ask for general advice
I know what you mean and I know how to get on. I am just asking how many players will you be able to keep for a long time?\

I tell you what. The overwhelming majority of players are casuals. This is a fact.
If MMO does not support casuals won't have too many players... Look at GW2 - 12M active players.

Mortal 2 online is much better than GW2 BUT... full loot and being ganked by veterans will make the population low over time. People's expectations is to play the game. Their game looks like that: a few days to get to the basic gear, killed, naked, repeat.

These rules are good maybe if you got a life sentence and are closed in a prison with access to the internet. More people won't be able to play MO2 because they will be running naked every now and again. They will bounce off of this game.

Blizzard understood this too late. Now, they give people the opportunity to aim at all TARGETS:
1) 3 different realms (Vanilla, WOTLK, retail)
2) PvP and PvE servers and even RP-PvP and RP-PvP.

But now it's too late. 13M people left WOTK and do not come back in the same number.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
We dont want many people anyways. Anything more than 2k players and the server goes to shit. Anything more than 3k and there are queues for days.

But yea this game is very very frustrating.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
Anything more than 3k and there are queues for days.
In my opinion, we (players) don't need ONE server... because there is no such technology yet. If money matters to you I do not understand why don't you need many players. If money does not matter - I understand then xD

This game is really good. It's like Skyrim, but I couldn't swallow Skyrim. Mortal 2 has this - something - that attracts me for playing. But it's still too difficult. Sometimes you fight with the rules - not with the world of this cool game.

I am not sure if full loot is what makes the gameplay the coolest. We all have to go away from the computer sometimes for 1min or more...we can be victims of errors, disconnection, lags! Personally, I would change it to loot only bag - not your gear (on you) as it is in case of bandits. They have the set on them, but I cannot loot it when get killed (only heads).

Give you an example:
I would like to go fishing with my friend. Fishing is quite long in this game. We would like to drink 1-2 bears as in the reality to just have fun. The game forces us to go naked (don't want to fight after beers). Similar to a map. I cannot just press M. I have to press ALT+TAB and read it on the internet. Does it really make sense, sir?

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
Mine some shit, use the money to gear up before fighting bandits.
I am not familiar but isn't there a graveyard at Toxai?

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
too hard, too difficult.

As a newcomer to TOXAI from Heaven headed to the nearest bandit-camp. Got killed by one of the wolves. Naked with only small axe was struggling to hit a small pig. I can forgive errors, it's a fresh MMO.
Earned 2g for a spear and naked came back to bandits. Killed by another player with a great black bear.
Came back to bandits again, struggling to kill casters or struggling to take them singly. 2-bandits on me = death.

I am in the starting location. Bandits are far away and very hard to kill one, not saying about two. Ok, that's the rule but in my opinion, many players will bounce off of it. Bounce off of this game.

Give you an example:
We "do not have" a map in the game but we have a map on the internet. So what does it mean - it means that we have a map but to access it we have to press alt-tab and view it in an inconvenient way instead of pressing "m".

Looking past the fact that everything in this game is absolute and utter cancer to do and a very TINY portion of it is actually fun gameplay.

There are massive differences between which town you pick to start at. MK is probably one of the shittest towns to start in. Its huge, in the middle of nowhere, miles inbetween everything. Fabernum or Tindrem are probably far better choices for starting towns.

manure

May 7, 2022
too hard, too difficult.

Give you an example:

Stop complaining about this game.
This is simply the BEST game out there today.
The problem is that you are way too much used to carebear games.
Look, Im not trying to offend you, but if you stop complaining and think a little bit, you re gonna notice that all other games hug the players and give them everything they need with little to no efforts...

On all the other MMO you have safe zones, several servers to choose the safest one or to flee from certain guilds, you have a map, you have a dot in the map telling exactly where you need to go, you dont lose your stuff upon death, you can teleport to distant areas, etc etc etc...

Please, dont ask for the Devs to simply make a copy of all these garbage games out there.
Mortal Online 2 is the BEST because it makes you use your brains.

- If you are killed by strong NPCs, get better skills and better equipment
- if you are killed by other players, move to another location, or try to get better and fight them, or join a big guild
- If you are lost in the world, just play the game to memorize the map, check the Mountain positions to guide you, ask around for directions, use your brain

Dont expect for a hug.
Either play the game if you have the guts for it, or choose among the millions of clone MMOs out there in the market.

But PLEASE stop asking for the Devs to make this game more... "pleasant".
MO2 is perfect in its core. Just needs to polish stuff, but the essence of the game is what makes it great. its the only game that lets you do whatever you wish, with no restrictions.

The only bad thing is, actually, the big ammount of guards outside town limits (Toxai and Meduli for example)...but Im sure they will fix it someday.

Reactions: CherryKush

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
if you are killed by other players, move to another location, or to get better and fight them, or join a big guild
It's very funny because some1 who's writing about using the brain advises me to join a big guild. Many players play the game single so what the "big guild" can do in case of random attacks around the world? :)))

try to get better and fight them
We are on the same server. Give me your set and I show you how bad you are in comparison to a noob like me in this gear-based skill game.

I am not writing this post because I do know how to play. I write this post to make the gameplay comfier.

Because in some time there will stay only 20 people like you:) I don't see loads of people love being naked every 1h. I see only one.

Last edited:

Haegemon

Mar 10, 2022
Plenty of comfy mmo's out there.
This is a different type of a game

The things you want and talk about are purely so you can be safe and happy and play the game you want to play.
If everyone could do this it wouldnt be a different type of game anymore but just one of the dime a dozen mmo's who exacly cater to the wishes of these type of people.

The game should be hard
It shouldnt be easy to hop from dungeon to dungeon
It shouldnt have multiple servers where you can hop on and off on
It shouldnt be easy to grind/farm your banks full without any hassle or trouble
If you're trying to farm a bandit camp I'm also interested in, i should have the opportunity to take you out (naked or not)
If you are too strong for me, i'll try to find friends and kill you next time so that I may farm the precious bandit heads and their chests.

Adapt or die
and if a 'casual player' cant handle it or if its too much of his precious time then this game isnt for that person.
Simple as.

Every hardcore mmo that ever was hardcore has had this type of complaining time and time again.
Mostly flavour of the month players but those are the ones that are willing to spend lots of $ on micro-transactions and cosmetics.
Some devs fall for it, some dont.
Let's hope this one doesnt.

Also there is ingame map you can use by pressing M, the one online is player made. It shouldnt even be there imo.
Same as a wiki or any other info, the more secrecy the game keeps the more I like it.
I think you should really learn more about this game and the way it works before you make up your mind.
The ones that learn and try again are the ones that will stay.
The ones that are just looking for an easy 'fix' will leave soon..and im glad for it :)

Reactions: CherryKush

manure

May 7, 2022
Plenty of comfy mmo's out there.
This is a different type of a game

The things you want and talk about are purely so you can be safe and happy and play the game you want to play.
If everyone could do this it wouldnt be a different type of game anymore but just one of the dime a dozen mmo's who exacly cater to the wishes of these type of people.

The game should be hard
It shouldnt be easy to hop from dungeon to dungeon
It shouldnt have multiple servers where you can hop on and off on
If you're trying to farm a bandit camp I'm also interested in, i should have the opportunity to take you out (naked or not)
If you are too strong for me, i'll try to find friends and kill you next time so that I may farm the precious bandit heads and their chests.

Adapt or die
and if a 'casual player' cant handle it or if its too much of his precious time then this game isnt for that person.
Simple as.

Every hardcore mmo that ever was hardcore has had this type of complaining time and time again.
Mostly flavour of the month players but those are the ones that are willing to spend lots of $ on micro-transactions and cosmetics.
Some devs fall for it, some dont.
Let's hope this one doesnt.

Also there is ingame map you can use by pressing M, the one online is player made. It shouldnt even be there imo.
Same as a wiki or any other info, the more secrecy the game keeps the more I like it.
I think you should really learn more about this game and the way it works before you make up your mind.
The ones that learn and try again are the ones that will stay.
The ones that are just looking for an easy 'fix' will leave soon..and im glad for it :)
Amen.
Said it all

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
you can use by pressing M, the one online is player made. It shouldnt even be there imo.
It shouldn't :))) But who says what should be or not?

I think most players. That's why they cheated this hard system and did the map with inconvenient access instead of pressing just M.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022

If you say what should or shouldn't be I have a question:
Why there is no perma death? Have you ever seen in reality resurrected bodies after being killed?

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
The game should be hard

Game is not hard, game is neutral. People are idiots.

In reality, they would kill you as well like in the game. The difference is that in the game they can do it with impunity. In reality not. That's why they do not kill you to get your wallet.

Haegemon

Mar 10, 2022
As per game desing certain things should and should not be, if it would be changed (as you suggest on some points) it wouldn't live up to it's design anymore. That has nothing to do with my opinions.
If you say what should or shouldn't be I have a question:
Why there is no perma death? Have you ever seen in reality resurrected bodies after being killed?
It's a magical world and we dont die, we can resurrect. I can think of many ways why they didnt decide to go for permadeath or, for example, why certain items wont drop on death. I dont however understand how that is relevant to this topic.

Game is not hard, game is neutral. People are idiots.

In reality, they would kill you as well like in the game. The difference is that in the game they can do it with impunity. In reality not. That's why they do not kill you to get your wallet.
It's a sandbox and i think it's a hard game compared to other games. Nothing neutral about it, the world is out there to get ya.
And yes, I'm sure there are people here who kill people in this game because they get a kick out of the 'tears' they get from their victims without any real consequences. Although for most part I think it's either material/financial gain or because you are perceived a threat.

Taking the example of you trying to solo a bandit camp near Toxai.
You are not the only one wanting to do bandits.
You are competition and/or a threat, you could call in friends who'll kill them, maybe stab them in the back(literally) once they're doing the bandits or steal the goods once they drop and make a run for it.
So many factors, so the easiest thing for most is just to kill you and be rid of it (and maybe find some sweet juicy loot on your body).
No hard feelings or malicious thoughts behind it, people are not always idiots.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I am into this game exactly for the reason that its not an easy game. You say that casuals wont play this game and the game will not reach widespread popularity? God thanks not. They should stay in new world or some other of the hundred games that are easy to get into.
I am one of the guys who like to play his games on Nightmare difficulty and i am glad that there is a game that caters to me.
And this game isnt even too hard once you get the hang of it.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
too hard, too difficult.

Give you an example:
I think the best way to start killing bandits is on horseback - teaches you how to ride and use a bow teaches you how to use a bow. take them on one at a time at first aggro one at a time. Its actually better to kill bandits in Haven at first just to get used to it.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This games PVE, and new player experience, are insane levels of ass. I have like 5 clade gifts because I just don't feel like wasting my time on the boring 0 fun PVE to get more. Being a new player who cant craft and cant do anything, solo, is virtually unplayable. Solo bandit farming on foot is complete aids and never worth doing at most spawns. Its farm Gy until you get bored and quit. Which many new players have done.

We dont want many people anyways. Anything more than 2k players and the server goes to shit. Anything more than 3k and there are queues for days.

Yet for some reason they designed the map to hold 10k lmao... So its just a giants dead empty sandbox wit ha few grains of sand in it.