Item delete cooldown from mobs?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Is this a glitch, or is it on purpouse?

Here i am killing animals all by myself. I fill my horse bags, max my carry weight and then attempt to delete the left over carcass….. but nope, the “ cant delete item after getting hit by player” countdown shows up. Have to sit there unable to move while the cooldown ends. Hoping nobody rides up on me and kills me standing there over burdened.

Is this a joke? Are npcs now considered players?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
I've been having the same issue. Reported as a bug in game the other day.

I'm sure it's a bug and unintended. This is how it worked originally but a recent patch was supposed to fix it.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Yeah this was just recently changed. It used to say cant delete item after taking damage. But The community only wanted it to be from players. So they swapped it. But it is bugged as fk, and has been for 1-2 months now.

Should be fixed soon! 🙏

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
it's area/mob based. One or the other. Certain ones always cause it to happen.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
correct me if I'm wrong, but I got this on tape consistently: it's related to field butchery. I dunno what else, but def if you field butcher something and then want to throw it out, you can't if you got hit. Wack!

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
correct me if I'm wrong, but I got this on tape consistently: it's related to field butchery. I dunno what else, but def if you field butcher something and then want to throw it out, you can't if you got hit. Wack!
Field butchery is the only time I've noticed it, too.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Field butchery is the only time I've noticed it, too.

MO added in ping normalization, well, I have like MAD NORMALIZATION. I get fucked by the game and I wait it out to see what happens, and if I get screwed, I get mad, haha. So I can parry some wolves or whatever while I wait it out, but if someone comes over my back and kills me (hasn't happened YET,) I'm gonna be MAD. It has yet to get me killed, but it could. Def glad to hear it is field butchery. I thought it was something else, but doing fielding in a completely diff area made me realize humm.

Reactions: Jackdstripper