When are we getting a counter to MM?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Yes because what you're failing to mention in the whole "2 shotting footfighters" bit is you average like 1-2 hits a minute.

DPS meters often overlook a lot of values like CC, distraction, mind games etc. But we aren't talking a small difference in DPS, and I'm not seeing you add all that much value outside pure DPS.

If you simply rolled a veela and sat there with a bow keeping up a hail of arrows on the enemies every time someone isn't chasing you in melee you're talking upwards of 3 times the damage output. That kind of shit matters when your objective is to make the enemies die before your entire team dies. If you were on a melee build you could be forcing the opponent to have to parry more than one opponent. That's some real value a DPS meter wouldn't measure and you'd still have much higher DPS.

You suck. And you could be outperformed by any foot build. The first step to getting better is ditch the mount and roll a decent footbuild. And that's why in all your "Mounted is so OP" videos basically everyone else is fighting on foot. Because they're smarter than you, and they realize that not dying and getting off an occasional big hit have really limited value in a group fight.

And yes I'm not expecting people who want a role to stay gimped to like my suggestions. I will not be happy with the state of mounted combat until mounted builds serve a role where mixed fighting forces are better than pure foot if they mix in some mounted players who are good at what they do. And nothing being suggested by MO1 vets is going to achieve that.

Honestly though, it's whatever. Because of the terrible balance suggestions by MO1 vets that keep foot melee first and foremost of everything happening in this game I've learned melee combat and mixed it in to most of my builds. There are a few ways to break outside the foot-fighter mold and be broken good. And none of them involve mounts. So if you want to keep mounts broken bad and play them then I guess I'm ok with that.
Keep reaching idiot no on cares about your insane rambling except maybe hodo.

You're absolute trash upload a pov of something or be silent.

Mounteds add a tremendous value. You saying that they don't is definitive proof that you are not mentally well.

Last edited:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Lol so true. Like if these very same dicussions didnt happen during the existance of MO1 where we have seen from exploting horses to the ultimate kamikaze MM EQs that would dismount 20+ mounteds in the middle of a foot group. The thousands hours of mounted gameplay we gave feedback over years. Extensive long debates on what mounteds should be, and SV couldn't ever balance that shit. Or when SV destroyed archery for more than 8 months because they "didnt knew MA was broken" or the non weight penalties for mounteds. MMs using tungsteel guardfur gear, i mean i had a huergar MC that used 35+ weight tung guardfur gear. We have whitnessed the worst of mounteds and we can aknowledge their problematics and we don't want it to be the same shit (or worse) than it was in MO1.

Talk about sieges, we ran entire sieges while mounted.

I'd hate to see mounteds having the wrong type of protagonism, but the problem Is a structural one, where mounts don't occupy the role they should.
Theres no dismount features or barely any and mounteds cannot be balanced or better yet buffed" aslong as they keep being broken from the very root.

Not trying to be a douche that says vets and know better (cuz they don't), but we do have way better and extensive experiences concerning the lack of mounted balance and design.
Yeah thats the thing isn't it? People act like SV just needs time to get feedback or something, but they had literally 10 years of feedback on most things. You'd think they would have been rebuilt into MO2 perfectly.

We don't have sieging or TC yet because they still don't know what the hell they are gonna do with it.

We are actually insane to think its gonna be in an equal state to when we most liked MO1. We feen for that high again.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yes because what you're failing to mention in the whole "2 shotting footfighters" bit is you average like 1-2 hits a minute.

DPS meters often overlook a lot of values like CC, distraction, mind games etc. But we aren't talking a small difference in DPS, and I'm not seeing you add all that much value outside pure DPS.

If you simply rolled a veela and sat there with a bow keeping up a hail of arrows on the enemies every time someone isn't chasing you in melee you're talking upwards of 3 times the damage output. That kind of shit matters when your objective is to make the enemies die before your entire team dies. If you were on a melee build you could be forcing the opponent to have to parry more than one opponent. That's some real value a DPS meter wouldn't measure and you'd still have much higher DPS.

You suck. And you could be outperformed by any foot build. The first step to getting better is ditch the mount and roll a decent footbuild. And that's why in all your "Mounted is so OP" videos basically everyone else is fighting on foot. Because they're smarter than you, and they realize that not dying and getting off an occasional big hit have really limited value in a group fight.

And yes I'm not expecting people who want a role to stay gimped to like my suggestions. I will not be happy with the state of mounted combat until mounted builds serve a role where mixed fighting forces are better than pure foot if they mix in some mounted players who are good at what they do. And nothing being suggested by MO1 vets is going to achieve that.

Honestly though, it's whatever. Because of the terrible balance suggestions by MO1 vets that keep foot melee first and foremost of everything happening in this game I've learned melee combat and mixed it in to most of my builds. There are a few ways to break outside the foot-fighter mold and be broken good. And none of them involve mounts. So if you want to keep mounts broken bad and play them then I guess I'm ok with that.
A lot of MO2 time i've played on MA and MM, as other builds aswell. Im not a dedicated footy but i can aknowledge the pros and cons of mounteds, as i can also see who wants that gameplay to be better than foots. It's not about whats better It's about balancing, the very fact mounteds have the pet's extra HP and mobility means they are superior at re-positioning as a foot crew aint, and we could take terrain into consideration but thats just another possible scenery.

Saying foots have longbows and can dismount with maces and run between rocks Is demeaning the debate because thats not enough when a mounted can get hit, reposition heal up and come back. I've played like that in MO1 i would get dismounted in the middle of enemy group make my horse chug a keg of jambura and fuck some nerds up. Yeah theres no pots for pets yet (and thankfully because it would probably be broken af), but theres still bandages and magery.

A mounted crew should be effective in a number of scenarios exacly as footys. But a mounted crew running into a well prepared foot group shouldn't have a chance, and thats part of the role mounteds should play, punctual, coordinated and strategic attacks.

In MO1 if you wanted to get into a coordinated foot group to crack some skulls you would get EQ'd the fuck out of nave and for some reason nobody can explain, to this day in MO2 EQ Is one of the worst piece of shit spells ecumenical has when it should be strong and cheap to cast.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020

Mounteds add a tremendous value. You saying that they don't is definitive proof that you are not mentally well.

I don't really have much to prove dude. You got deleted in for melee casting as a hybrid in your own PvP video. And you still could have recovered but you ran away in a zig zag with someone on your back meleeing you. Both Dagasi and I were sitting there laughing our asses off like "Holy shit. This guy is terrible!"

Thing is. I don't claim to be the best fighter in the game. I'm a spreadsheeter with slow reflexes whose played nearly every build and not fully mastered any. I haven't been recording because I don't think I'm good. I'm not someone named "Teknique" who takes every opportunity possible to remind everyone I'm an MO1 vet.

But I might start again if the bar I have to measure against to be some elite MO PvP vet is to be better than you. A video of me sitting in the backline healing and purifying allies may not be all that exciting but it's sure as hell higher value than anything I've seen you post.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
But a mounted crew running into a well prepared foot group shouldn't have a chance, and thats part of the role mounteds should play, punctual, coordinated and strategic attacks.
Oh I absolutely agree. I think in even numbers a 100% mounted crew vs. a 100% foot crew should lose every time assuming they don't catch them with their pants down / seriously outclass them in tactics and skill.

What I want to see is hammer and anvil tactics be effective. If MCs hits a cluster of enemies that weren't paying attention to them they should be able to do a hell of a lot more than ride by and smack a single dude for a 3rd his healthbar, burn a bunch of stam, and then spend 30+ seconds rounding back for a 2nd pass. People are tunnel visioning in on that one big hit, and forgetting what they could have achieved in the same time with a bow, melee weapon, or spells on foot.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I don't really have much to prove dude. You got deleted in for melee casting as a hybrid in your own PvP video. And you still could have recovered but you ran away in a zig zag with someone on your back meleeing you. Both Dagasi and I were sitting there laughing our asses off like "Holy shit. This guy is terrible!"

Thing is. I don't claim to be the best fighter in the game. I'm a spreadsheeter with slow reflexes whose played nearly every build and not fully mastered any. I haven't been recording because I don't think I'm good. I'm not someone named "Teknique" who takes every opportunity possible to remind everyone I'm an MO1 vet.

But I might start again if the bar I have to measure against to be some elite MO PvP vet is to be better than you. A video of me sitting in the backline healing and purifying allies may not be all that exciting but it's sure as hell higher value than anything I've seen you post.
Again no one cares what you think.

Your opinions are that of someone who is completely insane. Nothing that you have said in any thread anywhere ever has even remotely resembled something coherent or logical. You are a net negative to the community and the most beneficial thing you can do is never post again.

But that’s an interesting story notwithstanding the fact I have no idea what you’re referring to, I’m sure you’ve never made a mistake ever.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Oh I absolutely agree. I think in even numbers a 100% mounted crew vs. a 100% foot crew should lose every time assuming they don't catch them with their pants down / seriously outclass them in tactics and skill.

What I want to see is hammer and anvil tactics be effective. If MCs hits a cluster of enemies that weren't paying attention to them they should be able to do a hell of a lot more than ride by and smack a single dude for a 3rd his healthbar, burn a bunch of stam, and then spend 30+ seconds rounding back for a 2nd pass. People are tunnel visioning in on that one big hit, and forgetting what they could have achieved in the same time with a bow, melee weapon, or spells on foot.
Well yeah i think we can all agree MC doesn't exist, It's just placeholder poop. And the game doesn't have momentum or physics at all. Or mounts can't kockdown players either. Yeah theres a lot of failures in mounted.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Again no one cares what you think.

Your opinions are that of someone who is completely insane. Nothing that you have said in any thread anywhere ever has even remotely resembled something coherent or logical. You are a net negative to the community and the most beneficial thing you can do is never post again.

But that’s an interesting story notwithstanding the fact I have no idea what you’re referring to, I’m sure you’ve never made a mistake ever.
You both nice people now kiss and play mounted.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I like how you drag me into your tiff when you cant come up with any real counter.

Falling back on the "pics or it didnt happen" retort. What are you 12?