Bron over brains

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
So lets talk about Bron... The most useless metal in the game. I think this metal needs some love and I can think of a few different avenues (or maybe a combination of them).

-Option A: Bron as a material that falls between steel and flakestone in protection and damage. Durability only slightly higher than flakestone. Full set weighs about 19 or 20 kg.

-Option B: Bron as a material that is only slightly better than flakestone in protection and damage. Durability is very high (on par with steel). This would make it a pretty good option for PVE players who might get a lot longer term use out of it than your typical PVPer. Full set weighs about 19 or 20 kg

Optionn C: Bron has blunt damage in between messing and tindremic messing but less durability than messing.

What does everyone think? Shall we show some love to Bron?

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
Bleck and bleckblende are also worthless because of the state of bron. The only way I could see some value with the current stats is if calamine were removed or limited from the NPC vendors. That would have the unfortunate knock-on effect of meaning no easily available healing reagents for mages. Maybe lesser heal should just require water instead?

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
So lets talk about Bron... The most useless metal in the game. I think this metal needs some love and I can think of a few different avenues (or maybe a combination of them).

-Option A: Bron as a material that falls between steel and flakestone in protection and damage. Durability only slightly higher than flakestone. Full set weighs about 19 or 20 kg.

-Option B: Bron as a material that is only slightly better than flakestone in protection and damage. Durability is very high (on par with steel). This would make it a pretty good option for PVE players who might get a lot longer term use out of it than your typical PVPer. Full set weighs about 19 or 20 kg

Optionn C: Bron has blunt damage in between messing and tindremic messing but less durability than messing.

What does everyone think? Shall we show some love to Bron?
BRON, KING OF THE NORTH!

Zachary_Gamble

Nov 30, 2020
Bron or bronze was one of the most useful metals in human history used for weapons, tools and armor. Messing or brass is used to make musical instruments and decorative castings. Bron being junk and messing being better always bothered me in MO.

yeah its weird

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Bron works great on clubs...

Messing is slightly better.

Tindrimic Messing is horrible for clubs.

And last I checked Bronze swords sucked in real life, and they suck in Mortal.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Bron is OP af as a core IMO.

I was messing( no pun) w/ wep calc and bron gets ya some real crazy dura. The best I'd say value to dura for a good wep.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I was really hoping in MO2 they were going to put some effort in, and actually balance the useless materials. Bron could have been a higher pierce, worse slash and blunt or somethign alternative to steel or messing or something. Not just shit messing. Which is shit steel (for armor). Bron could have been budget steel for pierce weps. Etc. But no, effort isn't what this game specializes in. This game is quantity over quality.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
bron is only useful as a core, just make messing or tindremic messing instead. heres a mortaldata comparison. also fun fact, cuprum axes and maces are equal or better in damage than bron ones depending on the part, 10/10 balance.

Revenant11

Sep 22, 2022
I just spent the past few days farming saburra in Meduli with the hope and expectation that I could use the bron for something practical in armor-crafting but it appears as though each singular piece requires almost 700 bron to craft. Is this accurate or am I missing a skill? Right now 3,500 bron to make a complete set is approximately 70* gold. For comparison you can buy a full set of 38-44% resistance bone armor for less than 3 gold in Meduli and steel at 65% resistances seems to be about 100 gold for the complete set.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Theres an armor calc you can find on google, and it says bron should be 2k for a set of merc plated, vs 1800 for steel, and 423 for bone. Heavier things use more material because materials in this game all weight the same, so more weight = more material. So if you are using 3500 you are far from max lores. Even tho you can make max protection armor at 70 armor crafting I'm pretty sure it uses more material. but I cant craft in MO2 I'm the red guy who reses in the woods so I'm not 100% sure. And you need 100 lores for the materials and stuff.

Revenant11

Sep 22, 2022
My bron lore is at 100 but my plate armor crafting is only at 70 so that may be why it seems extraordinarily useless. I don't see any bron on the market at all to compare against.

Edit: I decided to make a set of the stuff and it's all 45%-50% resists but weighs close to 30kg. 5% more resistances than bone but maybe 200x harder to make and heavy enough that nobody would actually use it. I was hoping that I could use bron as a transitional metal to get my skill maxed out before moving to steel but it looks like at even 70 plate armor skill it would use less materials, be more marketable, and more protective to just jump straight into low durability steel.

Last edited:

Revenant11

Sep 22, 2022
After some consideration I think I've discovered both the problem and the solution. In the real world, steel is cheaper, easier to make and a better quality material than bronze in every way and the intermediary material here should be wrought iron, not bronze, which doesn't seem to be in the game. Including both bronze and steel in the game means that even novice metallurgists won't waste their time with bronze. The solution is simple: Bronze still has practical applications today due to its conductivity and low friction. We don't have many mechanical devices in Mortal Online that can benefit from the low friction properties of bronze but what about all of the portable crushers, grinders, and placeable workbenches? A small price of bronze in the construction of these devices might allow bronze to find a place in the world of Nave.

Esproc

Jan 21, 2022
Meduli
Bron in its current state for armor is really heavy and expensive reptile carapace. It would not be so bad if it wasn't so expensive.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Bron in its current state for armor is really heavy and expensive reptile carapace. It would not be so bad if it wasn't so expensive.

Not every metal is good for armor. Just like real life.

You dont see tanks made out of bronze do you? You didn't hear about knights in shining copper armor? There is a reason why we switched to steel a long long long time ago.

Bron in game is good for 1 maybe 2 things, clubs and sometimes axes... (not often).

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
After some consideration I think I've discovered both the problem and the solution. In the real world, steel is cheaper, easier to make and a better quality material than bronze in every way and the intermediary material here should be wrought iron, not bronze, which doesn't seem to be in the game. Including both bronze and steel in the game means that even novice metallurgists won't waste their time with bronze. The solution is simple: Bronze still has practical applications today due to its conductivity and low friction. We don't have many mechanical devices in Mortal Online that can benefit from the low friction properties of bronze but what about all of the portable crushers, grinders, and placeable workbenches? A small price of bronze in the construction of these devices might allow bronze to find a place in the world of Nave.
Could be used to make seige engines maybe?

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Bron or bronze was one of the most useful metals in human history used for weapons, tools and armor. Messing or brass is used to make musical instruments and decorative castings. Bron being junk and messing being better always bothered me in MO.
Would be cool to see Bronze/Steel/Ect. tools giving a small buff to gathering rates or something, perhaps even using various metals in structures could give various structure resistance bonuses too.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Would be cool to see Bronze/Steel/Ect. tools giving a small buff to gathering rates or something, perhaps even using various metals in structures could give various structure resistance bonuses too.
MO1 the type of material put in the structure increased or decreased its hit points. So higher tier metals increased the hit points of the structure.