Surprised and dissapointed.

shass

Aug 21, 2022
Spent a couple of weeks in Haven. Loved the systems for combat skills and crafting. I really liked the no hand holding and immersive play. Got to clade 10 with wife and set aside the evening to go fishing village and out into the world starting at Meduli. Was not expecting how it went. Arrived with nothing, my stuff and 3 gold disappeared. The nearby graveyard for noobs like us was packed and the rare time we got a walker spawn, others just took the bag. Can't get into most places in town as they are full of horses. Got nowhere so decided to have a look around. There is just miles and miles of empty land with nothing there. Wifey logged after an hours frustration. Bit disappointed to be honest.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Not sure if you will have any better of an experience there but, if you follow the coast from Meduli to the north then you should run into Tindrem.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Spent a couple of weeks in Haven. Loved the systems for combat skills and crafting. I really liked the no hand holding and immersive play. Got to clade 10 with wife and set aside the evening to go fishing village and out into the world starting at Meduli. Was not expecting how it went. Arrived with nothing, my stuff and 3 gold disappeared. The nearby graveyard for noobs like us was packed and the rare time we got a walker spawn, others just took the bag. Can't get into most places in town as they are full of horses. Got nowhere so decided to have a look around. There is just miles and miles of empty land with nothing there. Wifey logged after an hours frustration. Bit disappointed to be honest.
I explained a lot to the dev team that the areas for the Graveyards need to be massively larger, but was shot down repeatedly. Sadly, there is no way around your experience in Meduli.

There are towns that are less populated, though, Meduli is one of the most jam packed. I only visit on occasion. Mohki, Vadda, Toxai and Morin Khur are all more accessible I think in general, while Tindrem, Meduli, Fabernum and Bakti are the busiest.

As for the wilderness, there is a lot of expanse - but if you buy or tame a horse, you can move much more quickly. They are in the middle of pumping out more points of interest into the wilderness too.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Check better around, SV add lots of interesting places to make some golds/clades. Exploration Is fun. To make some easy fast golds you can loot with a horse bags Walker carcass butcher and sell It , it's around 7/10 golds every run.

• Haha
Reactions: Daikos

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
There is just miles and miles of empty land with nothing there. Wifey logged after an hours frustration. Bit disappointed to be honest.
Yep, the game's world is waaaay too large for the ammount of content they stuck in. If you don't enjoy riding for like 30 minutes just to reach the next town you better cut your losses.

D

Dracu

thanks for sharing your experience, its always good to have this kind of feedback around since most of the people playing already play for way to long and can not really relate to the current new player experience (myself included)

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

So odds are you sent your gold and stuff to another town, I think it defaults to Fabernum. So if that is the case odds are your stuff is in the Fabernum banks. Which is why you ended up with nothing in Meduli. Currently every town outside of Kranesh, and Hyllspia are packed. Even Gaul Kor is pretty busy now days.

shass

Aug 21, 2022
So odds are you sent your gold and stuff to another town, I think it defaults to Fabernum. So if that is the case odds are your stuff is in the Fabernum banks. Which is why you ended up with nothing in Meduli. Currently every town outside of Kranesh, and Hyllspia are packed. Even Gaul Kor is pretty busy now days.
I don't think that's possible. We picked Meduli as it does default to Fabernum. And we ended up being ported to start at Meduli. No big deal as you can't bring much anyway. But I am glad to hear there is a healthy population.

shass

Aug 21, 2022
Check better around, SV add lots of interesting places to make some golds/clades. Exploration Is fun. To make some easy fast golds you can loot with a horse bags Walker carcass butcher and sell It , it's around 7/10 golds every run.
Thanks for the advice. We were trying to kill and loot walkers, but there were so many in the graveyard it was hard to catch a spawn, and quicker fingers than us just looted the bag. But glad there is a healthy population.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I made the mistake of going to meduli yesterday to buy an armor book. It really makes me wish the standing system isn't in the game. I'd be killing mounts all day. It shouldnt even be allowed to have this many mounts out sitting everywhere.

Go to any other town and you should have a better time.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yes the land is quite empty. There are mobs and cool things to see but a lot of it is just empty.

So of course in the few places where there is stuff you'll most likely find players.

Do keep in mind that this is firstly a pvp game, and pve is just a secondary focus. Remember this also when you travel half an hour to find a spawn only to get killed by other players there.

Life is hard in Mortal.

Also Madudu is the busiest place in the whole map and not at all representative of the whole game. If you want quiet go to Toxai, or Mohki, or Hilsperia.

Last edited:

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
The game isn't completely clear about this, but ALL BUILDS NEED HORSES.

That's just the way the game is designed, with the size of the world and advantages of carrying capacity of horses.

The world is pretty much designed with the assumption that literally everyone will be travelling by horseback.

If you aren't using a horse, the wilderness feels completely empty, because of how spawn points are spread out. Spawn points are more or less static, so until you know where to look it can feel especially empty compared to Haven. I agree with you that the world could use more spawn points overall, and I had the same impression as you early on until I got a horse. If you have a horse, though, you can usually find a few good spots to hunt bandits or animals within a few minutes.

In Meduli, I would probably recommend finding a hunting circuit to load up your horse-bag to build up cash, since GY will pretty much always be packed if the pop is above 1100 or so.

Your other option is to head north to Tindrem & hunt bandits for clade + gold. But be warned, you'll be a bigger target for PKs, especially at the proper bandit camps, and some of the bandits can be pretty challenging for a new character (especially if you get a bad pull &or they are casters/archers, or veterans at the proper camps).

Reactions: Daikos and Calcal

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Your 3g of stuff should be in the meduli bank. Not clear on if you checked that and its not there, or if you didn't know that's where it would go.

Reactions: Raknor

Malmsteen

Jul 29, 2022
thanks for sharing your experience, its always good to have this kind of feedback around since most of the people playing already play for way to long and can not really relate to the current new player experience (myself included)
We all had to start somewhere. The ones that still play adapt and don't lay the blame somewhere other than themselves. That means that the actual core player base of this game is curated.

Rynnik

Feb 11, 2022
I don't think that's possible. We picked Meduli as it does default to Fabernum. And we ended up being ported to start at Meduli. No big deal as you can't bring much anyway. But I am glad to hear there is a healthy population.
People have already said it in this thread, but allow me to clarify that you should leave Meduli. You pretty much lucked into the worst option (arguably Fab).
Just spirit run (die) towards the nearest town and when you are sure you are more than halfway use the ‘priest’ button on your character sheet. That will port you to that town.
As you said you haven’t been able to get rolling in Meduli so you have nothing to lose. Just leave whatever scraps you have so far and get set up in a reasonable place to figure out the game. The closest to you would be Vadda or Hylls. Avoid Tind, Fab or Bakti.
Best of luck to both of you.

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
Sounds like Friday night in Meduli :)

I would actually recommend you STAY in Meduli because this is the only place the graveyard is protected. You can also mine in safety. If you can alter your play time a little bit you will find only half as many players online.
Although, if you go to Vadda or Bakti, you can find more boars, bears and wolves to hunt in the forests, and fewer people.

Personally I like the crowds because the concern 3 months ago was that the game was dying, but it is definitely not.