Character Limit.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
No, no, everything would take much more than 3.3k. 3.3k would just equal the amount that we get from 1 account in MO1.

You need to take the synergize into account.
In MO1 you had e.g. a butcher, a weapon crafter, an armorer, a miner/extractor, a bow crafter,...
All those MO1 chars share some parts in common e.g. Botany/Wood lore, Material Lores, Animal Material Lores, Metal lores, which you need only once in MO2 since you got only 1 char...

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
That is true. Still, unless they change things in the skill tree it will take more than 1100 points to make weapons and armor (around 1300.) A miner extractor will still take a full 1100 points, etc. It should be possible to add cooking and other smaller skills to the bigger crafts, but that isn't different, we can already do that. Anyway we cut it, we are still getting less for more.

Reactions: ROTLUST

Rhias

May 28, 2020
That is true. Still, unless they change things in the skill tree it will take more than 1100 points to make weapons and armor (around 1300.) A miner extractor will still take a full 1100 points, etc. It should be possible to add cooking and other smaller skills to the bigger crafts, but that isn't different, we can already do that. Anyway we cut it, we are still getting less for more.
I really hope that the 1100 points currently displayed ingame are just placeholders...

Reactions: Xunila and Rorry

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I really hope that the 1100 points currently displayed ingame are just placeholders...

We know they are placeholders. All of this is elaborate guessing. For all we know there gonna be a lot less primaties but only 700 points. Or the reverse.

What we do know is that they want to increase player interaction. Giving everyone too many points will hinder that.

If someone as the guild"leader" has roll all the important niche professions for the guild they should change their style and not try to change the game to compensate for shortcomings.

Reactions: Rhias

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
The problem are the skills with rare use as somebody mentioned before in this thread, e.g. all the architect skills with furniture, sculpturing and so on. In MO1 we have 10 primary skills for architects! With 1100 primary points in crafting a character cannot skill something else as just a pure architect. Could be good choice to earn much money as architect for rent.

But a better way would be to allow 2000 primary points for crafting.

Reactions: Rhias and Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
We know they are placeholders. All of this is elaborate guessing. For all we know there gonna be a lot less primaties but only 700 points. Or the reverse.

What we do know is that they want to increase player interaction. Giving everyone too many points will hinder that.

If someone as the guild"leader" has roll all the important niche professions for the guild they should change their style and not try to change the game to compensate for shortcomings.
A guild leader has to be able to do these things because of the constant turnover of players in the game, so I guess if they manage to keep that from happening somehow it won't be an issue. I expect it will be a problem the same as in MO1 because it is the same in all MMO's, especially subscription based one's.
Also, the skill list is already in the game but I know it could change. Armor and shield crafting is just about to be added in days so we may know more then.

I'm aware of the vision, player interaction, I simply think that they are being overly optimistic.

Moxx

Oct 19, 2020
Implementing multi chars on one accounts means to bring MO2 to a state were MO1 ended. A lot of people didn't played the game because of the pressure to have 2-3 accounts and 10-15 chars.

The best clans had players with even more accounts per player to be able to log in instandly with 10+ fighters at sieges to be sure to win. This kinda mechanic destroyed the game for a lot of people.

In other games thats called pay to win.

The world will be much bigger. The game will need much more people than MO1 ever had. To ensure not to make the same issues like in MO1 they had to change the char system.

Reactions: Xunila

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Implementing multi chars on one accounts means to bring MO2 to a state were MO1 ended. A lot of people didn't played the game because of the pressure to have 2-3 accounts and 10-15 chars.

The best clans had players with even more accounts per player to be able to log in instandly with 10+ fighters at sieges to be sure to win. This kinda mechanic destroyed the game for a lot of people.

The world will be much bigger. The game will need much more people than MO1 ever had. To ensure not to make the same issues like in MO1 they had to change the char system.
Sure, except we are being asked to pay MORE for LESS. It was 27$ plus a monthly subscription for an account with 4 characters. Now we are being asked to buy the game and pay a subscription for what amounts to two or slightly more than two characters worth of points.
In MO1 people had the option to spend less by only having 1 character.
The bigger new world is only going to decrease player interaction, cutting down the number of characters per player as well will make it even worse.

Reactions: Putzin

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020

God theres so much wrong with this you'd have to break it down in sections luckily you sectioned it off for us.

How does implementing multi characters per account force people to have 2-3 accounts and 10-15 characters? You literally just stated the problem of NOT having multi characters per account and what it ends up leading to, thanks for arguing your own point.

The best clans had players with multiple accounts.. Well having extra characters per account is a way to stop multi accounts and multi characters logged in simultaneously because they're all on one account.

Since when is Mortal not pay to win? Its buy the game then sub for full points.. Pay to win model still.

The world is much bigger and will need a lot more players.. True. Not at all sure why the hell that was apart of that though. They changed the character system for the worse why? Hoping people would make their friends buy the game to learn the skills they cant with their one character? Guess thats one way to fill a bigger map.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Since when is Mortal not pay to win? Its buy the game then sub for full points.. Pay to win model still.

No, there will be no f2p in MO2! You have to pay and subscribe to play. No pay to win.

But I agree: To fill the larger world we need many returning old players (I already talked to old guild members who will return to the game after years) and also many new players.

Reactions: Putzin

Breannor

May 28, 2020
Lets remove the crafting limit skill point and let the player play.
I dont see the point to limit everything , i could understand for PvP (but even that why not implemented buff ans debuff for equipment) .

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I dont see the point to limit everything , i could understand for PvP (but even that why not implemented buff ans debuff for equipment) .

It is about making choices on what you want to do in the sandbox and providing value to those choices. The idea is that people choose different professions and will barter with each other for their services. Havin to invest a limited resource (skill points) lends more values than if you could level every skill to the maximum with enough time investment.

In the end it´s a game design decision and SV has been pretty clear on where they want to take the game. There are other games that go different ways and I don´t think there is any best way to go about this.

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Combat skills being limited over crafting skills is kinda pointless since its crafting that is the most important one to limit based on MOs design.

Reactions: Teknique

Breannor

May 28, 2020
Combat skills being limited over crafting skills is kinda pointless since its crafting that is the most important one to limit based on MOs design.

Skill limit is useless . People can always buy account to have unlimited.