Don't start with Ecumenical.

Merlin

Oct 26, 2020
When the game is released we should start with a magic school that has never before been used. Make something like mentalism or staff magic the very first magic school in mo2. Or lets vote on which school should be the "first" one to start with for mo2?

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I completely disagree, ecumenical spells has the perfect balance of support and damage spells as a starter set of spells.

Not only that, but through the lore ecumenical spells are the most basic spells that almost everyone is able to perform therefore it makes the most sense as the first set of spells seen in the game.

I'm excited for other magic schools too, but I don't think there is another school of magic that is as well rounded as ecumenical (I could be wrong).

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
They need to be much more careful with magic schools in this game. In MO1 some of the schools threw the balance of pvp off in unacceptable ways.

Reactions: Kelzyr

Merlin

Oct 26, 2020
Let's say they added Dragon magic to the game. Once it is in the game and people try it out they can patch in changes so that there is balance.

We waited so many years for the 4 schools that came out in MO1. It will be the biggest disappointment to have to wait another 8 years for a school that we have already played and tested.

Why not release all magic schools so that the game "Testers" could actually test out the game content?

Reactions: Xunila

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Let's say they added Dragon magic to the game. Once it is in the game and people try it out they can patch in changes so that there is balance.

We waited so many years for the 4 schools that came out in MO1. It will be the biggest disappointment to have to wait another 8 years for a school that we have already played and tested.

Why not release all magic schools so that the game "Testers" could actually test out the game content?

And who's going to develop all those magic schools? It isn't like they got internally already all magic schools finished and just want to prevent people from testing...

And also the issue isn't just balance. The issue is that some magic schools (e.g. dragon magic) are supposed to be rare. So exactly the opposite of what everyone should start with...

Ecu spells are actually a summary of basic spells of different magic school. So it's supposed to be the most differential magic school of all (and containing a part of most others).

Last edited:
Reactions: Goltarion