Patch Notes 0.0.0.73 Discussion

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Set Home Priest! Bonus yes plz!! NOW less time spent FULL grey bar and ghosting blind in a 6x Jungle for a priest XD
Home priest option would be quality of life improvement.I do not think it makes the game less hardcore.
With just one character getting stuck in remote place could be very frustrating.The way the jungle was designed in MO1 made no sense and it felt like some stupid labyrinth puzzle instead adventure in the wild:)
What is the problem with getting back naked to the town you know?

Reactions: Xunila

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Home priest option would be quality of life improvement.I do not think it makes the game less hardcore.
With just one character getting stuck in remote place could be very frustrating.The way the jungle was designed in MO1 made no sense and it felt like some stupid labyrinth puzzle instead adventure in the wild:)
What is the problem with getting back naked to the town you know?

So you take away something that is hard to do (finding your way back home) and then you claim it does not make the game less hardcore?

That makes no sense at all. Because of the size of the map I can see the wisdom in adding this, but it will still take away from the hardcore part of Mortal Online 2.

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
So you take away something that is hard to do (finding your way back home) and then you claim it does not make the game less hardcore?

That makes no sense at all. Because of the size of the map I can see the wisdom in adding this, but it will still take away from the hardcore part of Mortal Online 2.
There has been quite a few requests about teleportation from new testers getting from point F to G for duels and group fights. I believe this to be a compromise to that agenda.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
There has been quite a few requests about teleportation from new testers getting from point F to G for duels and group fights. I believe this to be a compromise to that agenda.

People have been asking for instant travel for as long as I can remember. I don´t really care what happens in alpha. But being able to teleport (even as a ghost) has implications for strategy. Which is why I believe that SV is already thinking about limiting the ability to change home priest on timer basis.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Having home priest option may bring the level of difficulty down so it makes it less hardcore as Eldrath wrote,I agree.
I guess the trick is to balance playability and harshness.
There are elements of MO which makes us all interested in it,for me it is:
Full loot.
Local banks.
No quests and grinding levels.
First person view only.
Obviously teleporting all over the map would be a shit but I see option of going back to the "town of citizenship"as a helpfull tool to build some
sort of communities instead transportation cheat mode.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Home teleport is a helpful tool on the larger map. Don't forget the doubled traveling time on the new map between the same cities compared to MO1! A time restriction should be implemented like one or two times per day.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
What is the point of that? Then you might not have any restriction at all.

It´s called a home priest, not a convenience priest.

Anyway, it perfectly shows what going down this path will lead to. Xunila wants a 12h cooldown, some noob will come in and want a 30 minute cooldown.

Setting your home priest should be a major decision, not a tool to make exploration easier. Cooldown should be at least a week.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
teleportation and even ghost traveling destroys immersion and is easy to abuse. if the travel time is too long then there are other ways to fix that.

its a big part of MO that you have to do everything physical by yourself. everything else is some sort of a manager game but not a second life like it should be.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Anyway, it perfectly shows what going down this path will lead to. Xunila wants a 12h cooldown, some noob will come in and want a 30 minute cooldown.

Setting your home priest should be a major decision, not a tool to make exploration easier. Cooldown should be at least a week.

Cooldown for using the home priest or for changing the home priest? I completely agree, the cooldown for changes of home priest should be a week or even a month. And for using the home priest maybe one per day, but I don't "want" 12 hours, just an idea. And if once per week, fine.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Cooldown for using the home priest or for changing the home priest? I completely agree, the cooldown for changes of home priest should be a week or even a month. And for using the home priest maybe one per day, but I don't "want" 12 hours, just an idea. And if once per week, fine.

Ah, sorry then I misunderstood your meaning and we are in agreement.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Home teleport is a helpful tool on the larger map. Don't forget the doubled traveling time on the new map between the same cities compared to MO1! A time restriction should be implemented like one or two times per day.
Personally I am for longer cooldown like a week mayby just to prevent abusing this system in territorial wars.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
They could even make it so that you can't use it immediately after dying too, to prevent it being instant port back close to base and regear for a potential counter-attack kind of tool.

But TBF with how long anything significant pvpwise took in mo1, (Territorial control and asset destruction) it is mostly a non issue.