Better and More Balanced PVE Suggestions (MA nerf, others boost)

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
I rolled a foot fighter, but see how easily and especially safely people farm solo with a mounted archer. MAs have the open road and can efficiently farm everything in it, whisking off at the slightest danger, so how about some equally efficient content for other builds?

QUESTION: Does SV monitor which builds are farming the most mats? Is the person on a horse shooting a bow 90%+ of the time when the creature is downed?

-- Leash radius of mobs in open spaces much smaller. Currently wolves will run after you forever, which just isnt fun in the dark especially when exploring. Bad newb experience. Shrinking leash makes circling MA/MM less an advantage.
-- Mobs that shoot back when they cant hit with melee and the player is hitting multiple times with ranged
-- Put creatures with equivalent/good loot in hilly areas where mounts cant easily move (like using hills to balance foot vs. mounted pvp in general)
-- Interesting mobs that actually foot fight by circling, spinning and dodging around.
-- Ability to pull 1 bandit from a camp, or 1 mob from a spawn. Currently only 3 come running out in nearly every camp, so this means you need 2 players with decent gear or......... (drum roll please)...... an MA in vendor gear.

In general all the mobs seem to be a HP/damage machine with only minor variations to their AI challenge.

-- Mobs that take more damage from one kind of attack: Melee, Fire/Electricity/etc., Pets. In terms of a Foot Fighter Dungeon, Mage Dungeon, Beast Master Dungeon
-- Mobs with 50% damage reduction from arrows when untamed
-- Creature special attack that hamstrings horse to 1st gear only (cant do it when tamed)

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
You can absolutely solo 3 bandits esp. as thursar/blain (i actually kill 2 on a dagger mage with 44 slashing armor, with just a dagger), even though vet casters can be a problem. And i cringe every time i see people farming bandits and especially risars with MA, a footfighter can clear the whole camp twice before an MA kills one mob.

The real problem here is trolls. You can easily cheese them with MA solo.

Reactions: m4rt3

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
You can absolutely solo 3 bandits esp. as thursar/blain (i actually kill 2 on a dagger mage with 44 slashing armor, with just a dagger), even though vet casters can be a problem. And i cringe every time i see people farming bandits and especially risars with MA, a footfighter can clear the whole camp twice before an MA kills one mob.

The real problem here is trolls. You can easily cheese them with MA solo.
Thats fine, Im just saying did you lose HP and armor durability for that on foot? With your horse parked off to the side vulnerable? You are exposed to PVP drive ups and losing more gold by getting hit than the 50s cost of 100 arrows. MAs really don't get hit by most mobs unless they are being sloppy. Im pointing out that alone is an imbalance affecting mat gathering which then of course changes pvp due to gear readiness. At least trolls have a ranged attack, but not disagreeing there either. The problem is there isn't anything MA isn't good at except dungeons, but who's doing Fab Tower, its just zombies with nothing to make foot roaming in there valuable solo, like if people dont have time for a 4 hour dungeon run and just want to play. SV misses out on lots of players.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
PS - Basing balance on what one specific player can do isn't a good way to balance mechanics. Skill at the game will make it easier for that person. But that's not saying the mechanics themselves are balanced. Balance should only look at numbers and game engine physics between different builds.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Like I said, MA is gonna be king because it's MA. Can hold more stax, can farm relatively safely, however, I think they should adjust mob speed and attack animations to have openings, so that you might have to parry some times or just run, but make it so you can fight mobs or groups of mobs as a group without it being a cluster.

As for FX, I'd really like to see a shiny line effect like other gamz have... haha. I wanna see the arc of these guys swing. Even just a line would be fine. I'd like to see what side they are coming from and what the range is, but maybe that's too much? It's just a lot of these doods, if I went to learn blocking, I'd die if I didn't figure it out fast. Not that it matters that much, but still...

Then make it so that everything doesn't clump and chase, make things do more formations. It would be nice if a pve encounter w/ a group was similar to a fight w/ people, opposed to, as I said, a ball of mob.

Maybe make it so they can sticky you a bit, but not forever, too. Give them a stam limit of like 10-15 sec.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I rolled a foot fighter, but see how easily and especially safely people farm solo with a mounted archer. MAs have the open road and can efficiently farm everything in it, whisking off at the slightest danger, so how about some equally efficient content for other builds?

QUESTION: Does SV monitor which builds are farming the most mats? Is the person on a horse shooting a bow 90%+ of the time when the creature is downed?

-- Leash radius of mobs in open spaces much smaller. Currently wolves will run after you forever, which just isnt fun in the dark especially when exploring. Bad newb experience. Shrinking leash makes circling MA/MM less an advantage.
-- Mobs that shoot back when they cant hit with melee and the player is hitting multiple times with ranged
-- Put creatures with equivalent/good loot in hilly areas where mounts cant easily move (like using hills to balance foot vs. mounted pvp in general)
-- Interesting mobs that actually foot fight by circling, spinning and dodging around.
-- Ability to pull 1 bandit from a camp, or 1 mob from a spawn. Currently only 3 come running out in nearly every camp, so this means you need 2 players with decent gear or......... (drum roll please)...... an MA in vendor gear.

In general all the mobs seem to be a HP/damage machine with only minor variations to their AI challenge.

-- Mobs that take more damage from one kind of attack: Melee, Fire/Electricity/etc., Pets. In terms of a Foot Fighter Dungeon, Mage Dungeon, Beast Master Dungeon
-- Mobs with 50% damage reduction from arrows when untamed
-- Creature special attack that hamstrings horse to 1st gear only (cant do it when tamed)
I wouldn't nerf MA, i'd buff the pve for as many classes as possible and starting with mages. For buff i mean proper changes to make shit fun, challenging and balanced.

I agree MA can access quite a bit of content, more efficiently than others yet thats part of it's utility.

AI needs to be more involved. Humanoids and conciouss creatures that don't try to evade arrows for example, the fauna that doesn't interact but coexists. Creatures that don't ever dodge. Theres no layers of behavior for AI, just very basic scripts.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The only thing that will "fix" MA is introduce the wobble when the mount is moving. But they also need to nerf foot archery so that you need ACTUAL skill to use the weapons. In MO1 if you didnt have skill in archery your arrows went everywhere but where you were aiming.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The only thing that will "fix" MA is introduce the wobble when the mount is moving. But they also need to nerf foot archery so that you need ACTUAL skill to use the weapons. In MO1 if you didnt have skill in archery your arrows went everywhere but where you were aiming.

That, too, but I'm gonna keep bitching until they remove the crosshairs. That's not the kinda game MO is.

However, longbows in general are OP af. I finally went stout and got a 113 or w/e longbow and that baby is sweet. Doesn't even really stam me. At that point draw distance is the limiting factor for real.

You know, that's what MO should work on the most, fucking draw distance. True draw distance so people can hide as well and aren't just a big naked body in the bush. I wanna get on a mountain and shoot people with my longbow! This game is restricting my freedom!

You know, you can do PvE pretty well v a lot of things that aren't massive bosses w/ a longbow. Jussayin.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I wouldn't nerf MA, i'd buff the pve for as many classes as possible and starting with mages. For buff i mean proper changes to make shit fun, challenging and balanced.

I agree MA can access quite a bit of content, more efficiently than others yet thats part of it's utility.

AI needs to be more involved. Humanoids and conciouss creatures that don't try to evade arrows for example, the fauna that doesn't interact but coexists. Creatures that don't ever dodge. Theres no layers of behavior for AI, just very basic scripts.

If you got a human, you can just take MA on your mage. :eek: Take 50/50 in arch/ma, instead of trying to hold a beast. You will still bang mounts and pves.

Reactions: SeaShadow

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
That, too, but I'm gonna keep bitching until they remove the crosshairs. That's not the kinda game MO is.

However, longbows in general are OP af. I finally went stout and got a 113 or w/e longbow and that baby is sweet. Doesn't even really stam me. At that point draw distance is the limiting factor for real.

You know, that's what MO should work on the most, fucking draw distance. True draw distance so people can hide as well and aren't just a big naked body in the bush. I wanna get on a mountain and shoot people with my longbow! This game is restricting my freedom!

You know, you can do PvE pretty well v a lot of things that aren't massive bosses w/ a longbow. Jussayin.

Oh I have been complaining about longbows since day one.

You dont need skill to use them, just unlock the damned ranged combat tree and you're golden. You only need a 110+ strength, but at 120+ you're a tactical nuke with legs.

I did tests at the end of beta and just last month. Nothing has changed.

Reactions: Najwalaylah