Patch Notes 1.0.3.9 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3341120551584700651

Visit the Trade Brokers in any city and place an order to buy an item, or look through the list of requests others have placed and fulfill them for coin. Additionally, stop in at your nearest town to have your trinkets identified and their secrets revealed.

Added
  • Trinkets.
  • Enchantment Cognoscente and Enchantment Supplies Vendors to all cities.
  • Buy orders via the trade broker.
  • Transmutation flux, obtainable in the etherworld.
  • New alchemy effects. You can now change your height, weight, and age with alchemy.

Changes
  • Slightly increased the chance of catching a legendary fish.
  • War Combatant debuff now lasts 2 minutes (was 5 minutes).
  • You can now make allies while at war.
  • You will now only get the War Combatant debuff if the target is not a criminal and if they are not local grey to you.

Fixes
  • Fixed issue where you could get a murder count from killing guild war enemies.
  • Fixed being able to call for guards outside of cities.
  • Fixed some issues with war/ally.
  • Changing your age post character creation now correctly updates the respective attributes and their caps.
  • Fixed an animation hitch that happened when casting a spell for the first time or when switching and casting a different spell. The game would show a cancel/fizzle animation before playing the charge animation for the new spell.
  • Fixed an animation blend bug for players when they switched to/from sprinting causing the arms in combat mode to switch pose suddenly. This could be seen while using for example a sword and shield and it would look like the player would try to hold a two handed sword momentarily while starting or stopping a sprint.
  • Fixed being able to use gatherables in a way that allowed you to interact with things far away from you.
  • Healing players who are dueling using the /duel command will no longer flag you as local grey to whoever they were dueling with.
  • Reply(/r) will now switch to whisper and insert the name of the last whisperer you received a message from.
  • Fixed issues where alliance/war declarations/cancels could fail.
  • Fixed guild member GUI murder count being blocked by the scroll bar in large guilds.
  • Fixed issue with house access not working as intended.
  • Fixed typo on Cougar Meat (it said Panther Meat).
  • Veteran Bandit Casters now drop Veteran Bandit heads.
  • Fixed tax rounding error.
  • Fixed bug where you got resting bonuses from resting near placeable extractors.
  • Fixed bug where you could pick up spirit boxes and pickables when your inventory was full, which would remove them from the world but not give them to you.
  • Fixed tooltips in guild diplomacy UI.
  • Players banned from communication channels would see a warning message on login instead of remaining days.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Happy about buy orders, now they just need to improve the filter system. Though still salty it took this long for something as simple as buy orders to be implemented.

Trinkets are a cool short term fun factor, will get people out for the first 1 - 2 weeks farming. PvP will be had. Will allow some interesting build diversity and add a needed gold sink.

Overall its an average meh patch, for me. SV is just dangling a carrot on a stick infront of us. What I really want to see is more world bosses, TC, sieging, improved cooking system, unique locations like MO1 Vadda trap cave or Demon spawn.

manure

May 7, 2022
Like said before me, it was an average MEH patch...

What I really wanted to see were :

- Removing NPC guards from outside Town limits
- Thieving system
- Fix murder count exploit where players suicide themselves to give counts to anyone who accidently hits them.
- Sieging
- Casting spells while moving

Come on DEVs... You can do better patches !!!

Reactions: Midas

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Shit no one I have seen ask for aside from fixing buy orders. Only took 6 months.

Reactions: Bicorps

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It is adding trinkets but not fixing any of the current issues.

No healing clade xp.

No nerf for zero archery skills using longbows.

No fix for mounts being slowed down by anything put on them, but players being unaffected by anything.

No way to take down a house or stronghold.

No use for Bodkin arrows.

Blunt damage lances dont work still.

Terror Birds are still meta pet, no point in any other pet.

No other reason to use anything other than plate.

Mounted casting double casting time is extreme, drop it to 1.5.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im happy with the patch notes. With how long it took I hope its reletivly bug free.

No bad half implementaions seen, no anti PvP content, some bug fixes, buy orders which is huge content, trinkets for vets, and some ither small features.

I dont hate on delays or taking time or allowing time off for your crew.

On paper good patch but waiting to play first

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Buy orders with big improvement compared to MO1: Now we can chose the item from a list and don't need it in the inventory.

But the buy orders are not working: Money is taken from inventory but the buy order is not displayed.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It is adding trinkets but not fixing any of the current issues.

No healing clade xp.

No nerf for zero archery skills using longbows.

No fix for mounts being slowed down by anything put on them, but players being unaffected by anything.

No way to take down a house or stronghold.

No use for Bodkin arrows.

Blunt damage lances dont work still.

Terror Birds are still meta pet, no point in any other pet.

No other reason to use anything other than plate.

Mounted casting double casting time is extreme, drop it to 1.5.
You expected all of the game's problems to be fixed in one patch? They've delivered what was promised for this one. No healing xp sucks but welp.
Buy orders is big. They should've been there on release, and they're more important than bodkin arrows (who cares really?) or your personal issues with players not being slowed by armor.

Reactions: Tzone

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
is it better than nothing? Yeah. Is it what the game needs? No. Need sieging. This should be 1000% priority right now

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
is it better than nothing? Yeah. Is it what the game needs? No. Need sieging. This should be 1000% priority right now
They prob/hopfully had a dude on sieging already coding and getting things working. Thats going to take a pit long to implement then this other stuff they have going on.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Like said before me, it was an average MEH patch...

What I really wanted to see were :

- Removing NPC guards from outside Town limits
- Thieving system
- Fix murder count exploit where players suicide themselves to give counts to anyone who accidently hits them.
- Sieging
- Casting spells while moving

Come on DEVs... You can do better patches !!!
Nope, more npc guards will be added

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Meh bad patch. Small boost in pop today but I expect it to be back to a new low in a week or so. Trinkets arent fun and fix no problems, and should not have been a patch focus. This just shows that the game has no idea what it needs to do to stop dying.

As said several times, this patch fixes literally 0 of the core problems with the game causing the pop to drop.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I like the trinket grind.

The patch didnt have and extremely stupid additions/changes like patches usually have.

doors are still 5 sec after henrik said next patch they were going to get changed. meh
no revert to any of the meduli guard fiasco as far as I know.
The bags dropping underneath ground is a very bad bug.

Mainly the bag bug is why I drop this patch down to a average. Also other bugs like spawning underneath strongholds.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Half baked, how can the quality of this patch be so bad.

These filler patches are terrible, alchemy effects LOL, they add 3 shitty effects without kegs or vial crafting, did they add combine? according to henrik thats already in game.

Buy orders should have been on launch now im really hoping nobody can dupe shit using them which would probably be the case.

Idk dude these patches feel when in MO1 SV would go into dormant state and release very shallow shitty patches with really bad quality content monthly or every 2 months. Not expecting them to add vial crafting but calling alchemy effects that garbo without working more on that crafting class feels like a scam.

And... Trinckets, nice good job adding another stupid layer of grind with a placeholder feature that will most likely be garbage.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Meh bad patch. Small boost in pop today but I expect it to be back to a new low in a week or so. Trinkets arent fun and fix no problems, and should not have been a patch focus. This just shows that the game has no idea what it needs to do to stop dying.

As said several times, this patch fixes literally 0 of the core problems with the game causing the pop to drop.
They don't care about pop dying dude i think by now that would be clear. In MO1 Henrique said the game wasnt for everyone when people complained about them not doing anything whatsoever to gain or retain certain part of the population. Now with a bigger map and still same shit tier design Lol.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Voted bad cuz its a very thin patch with a bunch of filler" fixes as usual, i see a bunch of potential for exploiting new features and the overall quality of the patch seems garbage, damn the people that vote for "good" have really lowered their expectations.

manure

May 7, 2022
Nope, more npc guards will be added

Jesus... Are you sure you re playing the right game for you ?

Ever played Elder Scrolls Oline ? Plenty of guards and safety areas there... Go check it out.

A Mortal Online player asking and hoping for more guards OUTSIDE towns ?
Something obviously is not right here.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Voted bad cuz its a very thin patch with a bunch of filler" fixes as usual, i see a bunch of potential for exploiting new features and the overall quality of the patch seems garbage, damn the people that vote for "good" have really lowered their expectations.

We agree on something here. It is very much a "filler" patch.

You expected all of the game's problems to be fixed in one patch? They've delivered what was promised for this one. No healing xp sucks but welp.
Buy orders is big. They should've been there on release, and they're more important than bodkin arrows (who cares really?) or your personal issues with players not being slowed by armor.

ANY of those things on my list would have made this patch a better patch. At least they would have addressed an issue instead of building on a broken foundation.