Mechanic Explanation of new Features

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
**Mechanic Explanation of new Features**

Hello Mortals,

I wanted to clear up some mechanics for the upcoming features to clear up confusions as it could come up. This will clear how things are supposed to work as intended.

**Bounty Hunter aka BH**

- Contracts cost 5g and reward 250 clade XP, 3 rep and 1 Bounty Hunter's coin. Contracts give you a name, guild name and murder count amount. Picking up and returning a contract sets a timer for 60 mins before you can take another contract at THAT particular contractor. You can travel elsewhere and pick up a contract. Cancelling a contract does the same thing. Only one contract at a time even across different contractors.

- To get a completed contract you need to kill or at least hit your target and he get killed near you. Your contract turns bloodied and you turn it in. Heads also now retain the names of your victim. For vanity.

- Bounty Hunter Coins are soul bound which means they cannot be dropped or traded. They will have a use for tools and cosmetics in the future.

- Bounty Contracts give you one Seeker Raven, you can buy more for 20s each.

- The Seeker Raven will tell you if the target is offline or where they are in a general way. *"Target is 8400 m to the South West"* You're able to use them if you don't have a contract so don't waste them.

- Targets will not see Bounty Hunter's flag until they are attacked by the BH. They will look Light grey after they hit the target. (Local Grey like a duel). Assisting one side or the other will cause you to flag Local Grey to the opposite side so they can retaliate.

- Targets show Up as Red named for the BH

- BH fights can happen in towns

- Bounty Hunter flags overlap other flags. Cannot get a contract for an ally or guild mate.

- Players with 5 + MC can Take BH contracts. Lawful Players can also take BH contracts.

- BH has Steam Leaderboards

- All towns have birdkeepers and contractors. GK and Kranesh include

**Wardecs and Alliance Systems**

- To start a war it costs 200g for the instigator.

- To quit a war it will take 48 hours before you can and cost 100g. One side has to do it

- To enable to be able to Wardec a guild, it requires that at least 2 members are murderers.

- Alliances cost 100g on each side to accept.

- Alliances are free to cancel

- Ally members receive buffs from your clade gift buffs (active skills that give buffs).

- Wardecs on one guild will bring in entire alliance into the war.

- In an Alliance, the guild who is in the war proper, can stop the war. The alliance member cannot.

- When you hit a wardec'ed player (Orange named). Youi will receive a 5 minute War Combatant debuff. This will have guards kill you as if you are a criminal.

- You can loot orange bags without a criminal timer.

- There is a limit of 10 in alliances and 10 wars for a guild.

- Not in this patch, but an upkeep system for both Wardecs and Alliances will be added.

**Refining Oven**

They are in next patch and can be bought in capitals. It is only able to be used in Keeps.

**Legendary Weapons**

That's a secret for now.

**All the values and rules may get slight adjustments before patch is launched**

I wanted to give you guys a bit of insight what to expect. If I find out about tweaks I'll edit this list.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020

The nutcups are going to get even bigger now. Great.

-Not in this patch, but an upkeep system for both Wardecs and Alliances will be added.
Hopefully it gets more and more expensive depending on how many people are in the alliance. If you want a big ass guild and a big ass alliance, it should cost you imo.

The bounty hunter system seems like a cool idea...but I see lots of naked mages attacking people in town with nothing to lose and bounty rewards to gain. Or you know...just set your pet on the guy. I'd almost want a reward for the guy who successfully fends off the bounty hunter. Also, 5 gold for a contract seems cheap. It should be a bit more of an investment imo otherwise everyone is going to do it to have a constant free target to attack without the guy even knowing it.

Idk, maybe im just being negative. We will see how it plays out. Hopefully its fun

Last edited:

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Refining ovens in Keeps? I like the idea because it gives incentive to wanna have a keep.

What i dont like is putting them in before you can siege a keep so basically it is a reward for those who got the keeps first week in questionable ways.

D

Dracu

I dont get the war and alliance cap, i mean 10 guild alliances? That doesnt sound to hard to do and become unwardecable

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
BH fights can happen in towns
This is the most retarded thing i have ever heard in my life.
I hope to hell you will reset everybody's murder count to 0 if you value your playerbase AT ALL before making a change as stupid as this.
You're basically allowing people to kill you inside of a town. People have done parcel runs for HOURS on end just to be able to live in towns and be safe, and you're about to change that.

What a joke. Im more ashamed as the days go by, im now certain about the death of this game, if i had a slight doubt before, i am 100% certain. Every single update brings up something completely retarded.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This BH systems seems very exploitable.

What stops people from farming their alt characters that have Murder counts?

Also where is the siege system? Nobody asked for bh system. We all want siege weapons.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This goes to show you cant make everyone happy. So many crying children, blah blah (insert alliance here) is only going to get stronger!
There needs to be a murder count reset because I didnt think things fully through while I was griefing noobs in the graveyard for lols because my epene is smol?!?!

Come on people grow up. Not everything in life is fair, you want to run around and kill kids in the GY because you think you're good by all means expect the bounties. Yeah it sucks that we have murder counts from fighting battles that happened well outside of towns and should have had a working war dec system from the start.... but that is an issue that honestly isnt that big of a deal if you just played the game normally and didnt go on a murdering spree.

Hopefully this patch fixes the war system so we can actually fight our enemies instead of waiting to touch our target before they show up as blue or orange.

Call a whambulance because the snot rocket salt patrol is out in force today!

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
1. Can bounties be posted on just anyone, or does the target need to meet certain conditions?

2. Does the hunter know who posted a contract? Does the target know?

3. Does the poster know who claimed the bounty? Is there anything in place to deal with say, someone's alt killing the target every time a bounty get's posted?

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
This goes to show you cant make everyone happy. So many crying children, blah blah (insert alliance here) is only going to get stronger!
There needs to be a murder count reset because I didnt think things fully through while I was griefing noobs in the graveyard for lols because my epene is smol?!?!

Come on people grow up. Not everything in life is fair, you want to run around and kill kids in the GY because you think you're good by all means expect the bounties. Yeah it sucks that we have murder counts from fighting battles that happened well outside of towns and should have had a working war dec system from the start.... but that is an issue that honestly isnt that big of a deal if you just played the game normally and didnt go on a murdering spree.

Hopefully this patch fixes the war system so we can actually fight our enemies instead of waiting to touch our target before they show up as blue or orange.

Call a whambulance because the snot rocket salt patrol is out in force today!
Just for reference, this doesn't affect me directly AT ALL, i live in my house. im a full murderer, -60rep, 200 murder count, i couldn't give a f
It does affect people i know, that just PVP for fun sometimes, you know why? because A SINGLE FIGHT MEANS YOU'RE A MURDERER , 5 murder count is so easy to get, its literally 2 minutes of PVP, you just have to lightly tap someone on the shoulder.

So while i am indeed a griefer who kills people for sport, im here talking about different people, people that DESERVE a crime reset.
I will do the same thing after a crime reset, id get my 200 count up in 1-2 weeks no stress.

But when you make changes like this to a player's playstyle , with no POLL, no way of that player ever going back apart from DELETING his account, my brother, thats how you kill your game. And surely enough, pop is declining

Reactions: Tzone
D

Dracu

A murdercount reset seems in order since it was missed to do at the removal of redpriests

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Regarding the BH system, what criteria makes a player open to being a bounty target?
+5 murder counts means you get put into the pool like others hear have said before me. Saying also lawfull players is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's saying that non murder's can also use the bounty hunter vendor.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Just saw some clarification from Robmo on Discord:

Some Changes to Yesterday's Messaging

There have been some changes in test so I removed these two from the list as they do not apply. If any more changes occur. I will update.

- Players with 5 + MC can Take BH contracts

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Refining ovens in Keeps? I like the idea because it gives incentive to wanna have a keep.

What i dont like is putting them in before you can siege a keep so basically it is a reward for those who got the keeps first week in questionable ways.
Its terrible decisions back to back to back.

Reactions: Tzone

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
+5 murder counts means you get put into the pool like others hear have said before me. Saying also lawfull players is just dotting the i's and crossing the t's saying that non murder's can also use the bounty hunter vendor.
It was not explicitly mentioned in Robmo's OP that 5+ MC would put the player into the bounty pool, which is why there is some confusion. Several other people also had the same question as me.

Robmo has since clarified that players with 5+ MC cannot take up bounty contracts. Which would mean that only lawful players can do so.

However, it would be helpful if Robmo can confirm that the criteria for being added to the bounty pool is 5+ MC, or if there are any other prerequisites.

I would also point out that being added to the bounty pool, and taking up bounty contracts, are two different things.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The bounty hunter systems seems ok now. A few issues that are not that big could occur. Getting rep from it is huge and a good way to make people want to do it.

My suggestions is that a bounty should be able to push the hunter once to make the flag appear. Because having a player follow you around in town with axe swing held trying to oneshot you but you cant do anything because they might not be the hunter. Or if the hunter is a mage and just comes up burst you down before you know you are actually being attacked.

IDK the logic behind no tag for the hunter until hes attacking his victim but its not going to make satisfying gameplay in towns where this could be a really fun gameplay mechanic.

Pretty much more reasons to not live in towns but still forced to because of the tables there you cant get else where.

Also as with so many things stacked against the victim of the BH system they should be able to get something out of it. Like take the hunters head to trade it into bandits for bandit rep down the line. I would really enjoy bandit rep down the line and the possible of a alternative gameplay style of being a outlaw.
Or a title for now.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It was not explicitly mentioned in Robmo's OP that 5+ MC would put the player into the bounty pool, which is why there is some confusion. Several other people also had the same question as me.

Robmo has since clarified that players with 5+ MC cannot take up bounty contracts. Which would mean that only lawful players can do so.

However, it would be helpful if Robmo can confirm that the criteria for being added to the bounty pool is 5+ MC, or if there are any other prerequisites.

I would also point out that being added to the bounty pool, and taking up bounty contracts, are two different things.
people with more then 5 MCs should be able to get contracts from my understanding and with talking with him in discord.